another Athiest Blogger Murdered

Not just murdered but hacked. With a knife. By theists who dont like athiests and free speech. Happened in Bengladesh

Got a link? I would like to see this

Nevermind. I found the story. Ok well it's fucking Bangladesh, brother. Going to a nation that embraces extremist Islam and saying "Muhammad sucks" is like bringing a hooker to an evangelical church. What the hell do you think is going to happen? This isn't about theists, it's about Islamic terrorism.

Gotta say, brother. Pretty lame when I have to provide the link to your OP. Shame.

Yet another Bangladeshi blogger hacked to death - CNN.com

From this article:

Das was an atheist who contributed to Mukto Mona ("Free Thinkers"), the blog that Roy founded.

Mukto Mona contains sections titled "Science" and "Rationalism," and most of the articles hold science up to religion as a litmus test, which it invariably fails.

While Das was critical of fundamentalism, in Islam and other religions, and of the attacks on secular thinkers, he was mostly concerned with championing science.

He was the editor of a local science magazine, Jukti ("Reason"), and wrote several books, including one work on Charles Darwin.

In 2006, the blog awarded Das its Rationalist Award for his "deep and courageous interest in spreading secular & humanist ideals and messages in a place which is not only remote, but doesn't have even a handful of rationalists."
The (second) video says he blogged for a site described as "a congregation of free thinkers, rationalists, skeptics and atheists".

The point is that Sealy was generalizing. He didn't say "Islamic extremists hack an atheist to death", he said "theists". Technically true, but deceptive. It suggests that the problem is indicative of the religious community in general instead of an extremist element in an extremist environment.

Not just murdered but hacked. With a knife. By theists who dont like athiests and free speech. Happened in Bengladesh

More like another anti-Muslim blogger was killed by Muslims, dude. It's not the Christians, Jews, Hindus or whomever going around killing these bloggers.

It's still unhinged zealot religious fanaticism, is it not?

The denomination is of little relevance. Fanaticism is fanaticism. The OP left a lot out, but his assessment of "theists who dont like athiests and free speech" does in fact hold true. Sometimes we have to stop looking at the tree and see the forest it's part of.

As I said. Technically, his statement is true, but it is an attempt to deceive. It's like saying "see his black lady who posted on facebook that all cops should die? Well that's what she said and she is black so all black people must feel that all cops should die". Sealy is pointing to an extremist fringe element in an extremist environment and categorizing the religious community as whole.

Nevermind. I found the story. Ok well it's fucking Bangladesh, brother. Going to a nation that embraces extremist Islam and saying "Muhammad sucks" is like bringing a hooker to an evangelical church. What the hell do you think is going to happen? This isn't about theists, it's about Islamic terrorism.

Gotta say, brother. Pretty lame when I have to provide the link to your OP. Shame.

From this article:

Das was an atheist who contributed to Mukto Mona ("Free Thinkers"), the blog that Roy founded.

Mukto Mona contains sections titled "Science" and "Rationalism," and most of the articles hold science up to religion as a litmus test, which it invariably fails.

While Das was critical of fundamentalism, in Islam and other religions, and of the attacks on secular thinkers, he was mostly concerned with championing science.

He was the editor of a local science magazine, Jukti ("Reason"), and wrote several books, including one work on Charles Darwin.

In 2006, the blog awarded Das its Rationalist Award for his "deep and courageous interest in spreading secular & humanist ideals and messages in a place which is not only remote, but doesn't have even a handful of rationalists."
The (second) video says he blogged for a site described as "a congregation of free thinkers, rationalists, skeptics and atheists".

The point is that Sealy was generalizing. He didn't say "Islamic extremists hack an atheist to death", he said "theists". Technically true, but deceptive. It suggests that the problem is indicative of the religious community in general instead of an extremist element in an extremist environment.

More like another anti-Muslim blogger was killed by Muslims, dude. It's not the Christians, Jews, Hindus or whomever going around killing these bloggers.

The denomination is of little relevance. Fanaticism is fanaticism. The OP left a lot out, but his assessment of "theists who dont like athiests and free speech" does in fact hold true. Sometimes we have to stop looking at the tree and see the forest it's part of.

There IS a difference though. Christians, in general, as well as Buddhists and Hindu's, don't resort to extremist violence like Muslims do. Color me unsurprised that you ignore the difference.

Anyone lumping in Muslims with every other religion has an agenda.

From this article:

As I said. Technically, his statement is true, but it is an attempt to deceive. It's like saying "see his black lady who posted on facebook that all cops should die? Well that's what she said and she is black so all black people must feel that all cops should die". Sealy is pointing to an extremist fringe element in an extremist environment and categorizing the religious community as whole.

Actually that's what bigots like Gasbag are doing.

"Religious fanaticism" is general. Can happen anywhere. "Islam" is specific.

From this article:

There IS a difference though. Christians, in general, as well as Buddhists and Hindu's, don't resort to extremist violence like Muslims do. Color me unsurprised that you ignore the difference.

And color me shocked that you don't know what a Hasty Generalization fallacy is.

From this article:

Seriously? That's your argument? Apples and hemlock are both plants. Do you think the fact that one provides nutrition to your body while the other will kill you has an relevance to what you should eat? Derp.

Failed analogy.
What the fuck is a "derp"?

ALL of the bloggers killed were by MUSLIMS. This CLEARLY isn't about other religions; except, that you want to make it about your own BIGOTRY.

The denomination is secondary. Fanaticism is fanaticism.

I have no doubt that seeing it that way serves your extreme bias. But no, it's not the same. Muslims are easily the most violent religious group; and this so because their core beliefs are rooted in murder. So, no it's not the same; and for that matter it's not anything 'unhinged.' These guys are/were practicing what their beliefs say in black and white.

I love the irony of how the third sentence here stabs the first sentence in the back. :lmao:

shoot-foot.gif
Yea, I wouldn't have tried to explain your lame assertion either. But then again, I wouldn't have made the lame assertion in the first place.

Inevitably, bigots start bawling when they're called on it. :eusa_boohoo:

I have no doubt that seeing it that way serves your extreme bias. But no, it's not the same. Muslims are easily the most violent religious group; and this so because their core beliefs are rooted in murder. So, no it's not the same; and for that matter it's not anything 'unhinged.' These guys are/were practicing what their beliefs say in black and white.

I love the irony of how the third sentence here stabs the first sentence in the back. :lmao:

shoot-foot.gif
Yea, I wouldn't have tried to explain your lame assertion either. But then again, I wouldn't have made the lame assertion in the first place.

You've slipped....I could be wrong; but it seems like there was a time when you were at least a semi-serious poster and not a total knucklehead.

From this article:

Religious fanaticism can, and does, happen with all religions and all denominations. Fanaticism also occurs in both political parties, across various ideologies, in all nations regardless of their identity, etc. Now if Sealy had said "religious fanatics murder an atheist" I would say "yep....they did. That sucks. That's total bullshit" But that is not the message Sealy was trying to convey.

ALL of the bloggers killed were by Muslims. This CLEARLY isn't about other religions; except, that you want to make it about your own BIGOTRY.

Composition/Affirming the Consequent Fallacy.

You prolly don't know what that means. Here's an example:

"80% (I'm just making up a random number) of heroin addicts say they previously smoked pot --
Therefore, pot smoking leads to heroin"

Doesn't work. Never did.

Thousands persecuted, tortured and burned alive as "witches" met that fate at the hands of those who claimed to be exercising Christianism too. As were Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder and that ilk. The correlation does not make a causation.

The common in both is --- all together now -- religious fanaticism. Doesn't matter what language it's in, what book it cites, what flag it flies. It's mob mentality of "holier than thou". And it sucks donkey dick.

shoot-foot.gif

You've slipped....I could be wrong; but it seems like there was a time when you were at least a semi-serious poster and not a total knucklehead.

Thanks, I accept your concession.

shoot-foot.gif

I agree. I used to enjoy pogo's posts. While I might not have agreed with them, they were at least thought provoking. Now he is merely a intellectually dishonest troll. The fact that it was a Muslim who committed this terrible crime should be the first thing mentioned so that the readers understand the facts of the crime. Instead these political activists obfuscate, and hid the facts all in an effort to sway opinion with lies.

shoot-foot.gif

I agree. I used to enjoy pogo's posts. While I might not have agreed with them, they were at least thought provoking. Now he is merely a intellectually dishonest troll. The fact that it was a Muslim who committed this terrible crime should be the first thing mentioned so that the readers understand the facts of the crime. Instead these political activists obfuscate, and hid the facts all in an effort to sway opinion with lies.

You're planting your flag on generalization correlation-without-causation fallacies..... and you wanna talk "lies"?? :rofl:

I really need to empty my bladder before I read your posts.

ALL of the bloggers killed were by Muslims. This CLEARLY isn't about other religions; except, that you want to make it about your own BIGOTRY.

Composition/Affirming the Consequent Fallacy.

You prolly don't know what that means. Here's an example:

"80% (I'm just making up a random number) of heroin addicts say they previously smoked pot --
Therefore, pot smoking leads to heroin"

Doesn't work. Never did.

Thousands persecuted, tortured and burned alive as "witches" met that fate at the hands of those who claimed to be exercising Christianism too. As were Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder and that ilk. The correlation does not make a causation.

The common in both is --- all together now -- religious fanaticism. Doesn't matter what language it's in, what book it cites, what flag it flies. It's mob mentality of "holier than thou". And it sucks donkey dick.

Don't lecture me on (faux) fallacies when you're easily the most fallacious poster in here. Ironically though, your presented fallacy applies to you. (Alleged) correlation doesn't mean causation. All three bloggers were killed by Muslims living their religion. If you want to think that Islam is on par with other relgions, then go ahead. It won't make you any less of an idiot though.

shoot-foot.gif

You're planting your flag on generalization correlation-without-causation fallacies..... and you wanna talk "lies"?? :rofl:

Thank you for making my point so eloquently. Couldn't have done better myself.

Thank you for making my point so eloquently. Couldn't have done better myself.

You're welcome. I was just gonna say exactly the same thing about Gasbag's last post.

From this article:

And color me shocked that you don't know what a Hasty Generalization fallacy is.

Pogo...isn't that precisely what Sealy (who I notice has vanished completely from this thread :lol:) just did? He used a small sample size to make a conclusion on a larger demographic. He was making a clear insinuation that theism in general is to blame for this murder instead of a specific group of radicals. That's Hasty Generalization Fallacy is it not?

From this article:

Pogo...isn't that precisely what Sealy (who I notice has vanished completely from this thread :lol:) just did? He used a small sample size to make a conclusion on a larger demographic. He was making a clear insinuation that theism in general is to blame for this murder instead of a specific group of radicals. That's Hasty Generalization Fallacy is it not?

The implication would be, yes. He didn't expressly state that though. But you gotta admit, as a pithy teaser title, it worked.

His one-line OP content is completely true -- he just declined to go into finger-pointing detail that the Gasbags like to deflect into in their particular obsession.

Yeah I too noticed he took a quick exit and left us to do the work.

Forum List

Back