Another Company Is Staging A Hobby Lobby-Esque Birth Control Fight

You wanna employ a prostitute you pay for the services out of pocket.

Whats wrong with that principle being applied to people who just want to have sex without paying? You don't want to make babies then you pay for your own conception prevention.

Simple enough.

If you want to pay for other people's birth control then you really ought to be willing to pay for others access to prostitutes.

Employees are earning the birth control coverage by the work they do. Is that too hard a concept for you people to understand?

Whats wrong with that principle being applied to people who just want to have sex without paying? You don't want to make babies then you pay for your own conception prevention.

Simple enough.

If you want to pay for other people's birth control then you really ought to be willing to pay for others access to prostitutes.

Employees are earning the birth control coverage by the work they do. Is that too hard a concept for you people to understand?

Hey BOZO, I challenge you to show me where, when, how- in regard to women not being able to get birth control???? SHOW US.. LINK IT

Simple enough.

Wrong, the employee and employer agree to compensation, it's a two way street. If you think you deserve a particular benefit, find an employer who offers it. Is that too hard a concept for you people to understand?

shit stirring is the motto of the leftist/liberal/Democrat today

stop letting them run all over you

Boycott Eden Foods.

:eusa_hand:No thanks, I like their crushed tomatoes, and pinto beans. :lol: Guess i'll have to buy a few extra cans, since 3 people on here will not be shopping there anymore, not that they ever shopped there to start with...:rolleyes:

I vote to support Eden Foods, and I spend money, that I earned myself, not that the government gives me.

Now let's see, what else do they have? :coffee:

Simple enough.

Really?

Where is that in the compensation package?

The GOVERNMENT decided ON it's OWN to FORCE insurance companies to cover it, you people are so steeped in your lies you don't even think twice before you fire them off.

Spurred on by the Supreme Court’s recent Hobby Lobby ruling, Eden Foods CEO Michael Potter has revived a March 2013 case to nix coverage of all birth control from his employees’ healthcare plans. In turn, many shoppers have soured on the organic food giant and are boycotting its products.

“In accordance with his Catholic faith, Potter believes that any action which either before, at the moment of, or after sexual intercourse, is specifically intended to prevent procreation, whether as an end or means -- including abortifacients and contraception -- is wrong,” Erin Mersino, Eden’s lawyer from the conservative Thomas More Law Center, said in a statement sent to The Huffington Post on Friday.

Last month, Hobby Lobby won the right to shirk a clause in the Affordable Care Act that requires employers who provide health insurance to cover all Food and Drug Administration-approved forms of birth control. The company, which is owned by a family of evangelical Christians, opposed emergency contraceptives such as “morning after” pills Plan B and Ella and intrauterine devices, which it believes are tantamount to abortion.

Eden's founder and chief executive goes one step further, opposing all birth control.

MORE: Eden Foods' Hobby Lobby-esque Birth Control Fight Sparks Boycott

Will women tolerate this trend - or boycott such companies?

They are called abortifacients for a reason.

Spurred on by the Supreme Court’s recent Hobby Lobby ruling, Eden Foods CEO Michael Potter has revived a March 2013 case to nix coverage of all birth control from his employees’ healthcare plans. In turn, many shoppers have soured on the organic food giant and are boycotting its products.

“In accordance with his Catholic faith, Potter believes that any action which either before, at the moment of, or after sexual intercourse, is specifically intended to prevent procreation, whether as an end or means -- including abortifacients and contraception -- is wrong,” Erin Mersino, Eden’s lawyer from the conservative Thomas More Law Center, said in a statement sent to The Huffington Post on Friday.

Last month, Hobby Lobby won the right to shirk a clause in the Affordable Care Act that requires employers who provide health insurance to cover all Food and Drug Administration-approved forms of birth control. The company, which is owned by a family of evangelical Christians, opposed emergency contraceptives such as “morning after” pills Plan B and Ella and intrauterine devices, which it believes are tantamount to abortion.

Eden's founder and chief executive goes one step further, opposing all birth control.

No, they're not. This Christian nut wants to ban ALL forms of birth control - meaning also alll forms of contraceptives.

No, they're not. This Christian nut wants to ban ALL forms of birth control - meaning also alll forms of contraceptives.

Actually, they are, and it is the FDA that defines them that way.

Actually, they are, and it is the FDA that defines them that way.

Seriously, do you have a reading comprehension problem? I suggest you reread the OP - especially the second paragraph.

Stop the Christian war on women's reproductive rights.

Don't forget the war on men's reproductive rights.

'Hey yo, I dropped some sperm in there and I need it back babe.' 'Sorry to ask babe, but I don't wanna do the child support thing for the next 20 years' :lol: That's as silly as your argument...:laugh2:

Simple enough.

Really?

Where is that in the compensation package?

The GOVERNMENT decided ON it's OWN to FORCE insurance companies to cover it, you people are so steeped in your lies you don't even think twice before you fire them off.

It's the government of the People, remember?

The cost of the insurance gets factored into a company's decision on how much they will decide, or negotiate, to compensate their employees.

Forum List

Back