Another Earthquake in CA: "Ring of Fire" Waking Up?

The big one tonight . 9.0 should knock some sense into them .​

To split Ca from the mainland and sail out into the middle of the ocean .

California, United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)

• 28 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
  • 156 earthquakes in the past 7 days
  • 729 earthquakes in the past 30 days
  • 7,333 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The largest earthquake in California, United States:​

you get used to them after 10 or so....

i experienced many of them....the bigger ones were always a great Adrenalin rush....

Yeah, I was literally yards away from the epicenter of the Northridge quake. I woke up in midair! Experienced the Sylmar quake, and innumerable quakes beyond those.

Other than the damage and death they create I actually enjoy them.

I remember I was at the Tommy's in Burbank, eating lunch with a sheriff deputy friend when I heard an aftershock coming, told him, and then pointed out the P wave that was approaching.

It was a magnitude 5.3 IIRC and he and I calmly ate our lunch while everyone else bailed out into the street.

Last edited:
Actually there is. He is mentioned, by name, by Livy IIRC, within 12 years of his reported death.

I will trust a Roman historian over an uneducated baboon, like you, any day.
Livy? Really?

Titus Livius (Latin: [ˈtitus ˈliːwius]; 59 BC – AD 17), known in English as Livy (/ˈlɪvi/ LIV-ee), was a Roman historian. He wrote a monumental history of Rome and the Roman people, titled Ab Urbe Condita, ''From the Founding of the City'', covering the period from the earliest legends of Rome before the traditional founding in 753 BC through the reign of Augustus in Livy's own lifetime.

Now, please note, Livy died in 17 AD. He wrote his histories of Rome (none of which mention Jesus) well before that, when Augustus was Emperor. Most purveyors of the Jesus Myth hold that Jesus was crucified between 29 AD and 33 AD. (Again, they can't give you an exact date, which should raise all sorts of red flags.) during the time Pontius Pilate was Prefect of Judea (26 AD to 36AD)

So how could Livy write about stuff that happened after he died.

You are probably thinking of either Suetonius or Tacitus, who wrote histories later.

Suetonius recorded that Claudius expelled the Jews from Rome because one "Chrestus" was stirring up trouble. Suetonius didn't write his history until the Second Century. Tacititus gives a very detailed version of how Nero prosecuted Christian after the Great Fire of Rome in 66 AD, but his is dubious at best, and seems like the invention of later scribes inserting it in transcription.

Livy? Really?

Titus Livius (Latin: [ˈtitus ˈliːwius]; 59 BC – AD 17), known in English as Livy (/ˈlɪvi/ LIV-ee), was a Roman historian. He wrote a monumental history of Rome and the Roman people, titled Ab Urbe Condita, ''From the Founding of the City'', covering the period from the earliest legends of Rome before the traditional founding in 753 BC through the reign of Augustus in Livy's own lifetime.

Now, please note, Livy died in 17 AD. He wrote his histories of Rome (none of which mention Jesus) well before that, when Augustus was Emperor. Most purveyors of the Jesus Myth hold that Jesus was crucified between 29 AD and 33 AD. (Again, they can't give you an exact date, which should raise all sorts of red flags.) during the time Pontius Pilate was Prefect of Judea (26 AD to 36AD)

So how could Livy write about stuff that happened after he died.

You are probably thinking of either Suetonius or Tacitus, who wrote histories later.

Suetonius recorded that Claudius expelled the Jews from Rome because one "Chrestus" was stirring up trouble. Suetonius didn't write his history until the Second Century. Tacititus gives a very detailed version of how Nero prosecuted Christian after the Great Fire of Rome in 66 AD, but his is dubious at best, and seems like the invention of later scribes inserting it in transcription.

Ummmm, 17 A.D. is seventeen years AFTER Jesus died. Livy, and it is only a memory, it could very well be a different Roman historian, they had many of them, named him as a cult leader TWELVE YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED.

Simple math is 17AD minus 12 years after Jesus died, ummmm, equals......FIVE YEARS after that! So, Livy reported about Jesus's death, 12 years after Jesus died, then died himself, FIVE FUCKING YEARS AFTER THAT!

DURRRRR!

You and math really don't get along do you.

Like I said, you ARE an uneducated baboon!

Ummmm, 17 A.D. is seventeen years AFTER Jesus died. Livy, and it is only a memory, it could very well be a different Roman historian, they had many of them, named him as a cult leader TWELVE YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED.

Simple math is 17AD minus 12 years after Jesus died, ummmm, equals......FIVE YEARS after that! So, Livy reported about Jesus's death, 12 years after Jesus died, then died himself, FIVE FUCKING YEARS AFTER THAT!

Jesus didn't die in 1 AD. He died between 29 and 33 BCE. Durr.

The calendar measures the time from Jesus' BIRTH, not his Death. (And they got that wrong, as it was probably in either 4 BCE or 6AD, depending on which Gospel you believe.

No, Livy didn't mention Jesus. Tacitus and Suetonius didn't mention Jesus until considerably afterwards, and there are doubts these passing mentions were in the original texts.

Jesus didn't die in 1 AD. He died between 29 and 33 BCE. Durr.

The calendar measures the time from Jesus' BIRTH, not his Death. (And they got that wrong, as it was probably in either 4 BCE or 6AD, depending on which Gospel you believe.

No, Livy didn't mention Jesus. Tacitus and Suetonius didn't mention Jesus until considerably afterwards, and there are doubts these passing mentions were in the original texts.

"And they got that wrong, as it was probably in either 4 BCE or 6AD"
Ahhhhhhh, so he DID exist!

Thanks! You fell for the trap!

DURRRRRRRRR

You are so easy to manipulate!

Yeah, I was literally yards away from the epicenter of the Northridge quake. I woke up in midair! Experienced the Sylmar quake, and innumerable quakes beyond those.

Other than the damage and death they create I actually enjoy them.

I remember I was at the Tommy's in Burbank, eating lunch with a sheriff deputy friend when I heard an aftershock coming, told him, and then pointed out the P wave that was approaching.

It was a magnitude 5.3 IIRC and he and I calmly at our lunch while everyone else bailed out into the street.
i was on my rout up in the Anaheim Hills when a 3.2 struck in Yorba Linda i was like 10 miles the Epicenter ...i was across the side walk putting mail in the boxes when it hit....it made all the garage doors rattle on the street and it knocked me back into my truck.....i was about 5 feet from the truck....

i was on my rout up in the Anaheim Hills when a 3.2 struck in Yorba Linda i was like 10 miles the Epicenter ...i was across the side walk putting mail in the boxes when it hit....it made all the garage doors rattle on the street and it knocked me back into my truck.....i was about 5 feet from the truck....

Sure it wasn't a bigger one? 3.2 is nearly unnoticable. Most people can only feel them at night, when they are in their beds.

Sure it wasn't a bigger one? 3.2 is nearly unnoticable. Most people can only feel them at night, when they are in their beds.
yea thats what they said i swear to you.........the 2 old ladies that were walking down the sidewalk started screaming.....the land shock wave i felt i thought was like the 7 pointer i was in.......i was about 10 miles from the epicenter....would not distance from it determine how much you feel?...

yea thats what they said i swear to you.........the 2 old ladies that were walking down the sidewalk started screaming.....the land shock wave i felt i thought was like the 7 pointer i was in.......i was about 10 miles from the epicenter....would not distance from it determine how much you feel?...

The only way you could get that sort of amplification was if you were on quaternary aluvium. That also happened to be pretty wet. The fact that you were on a hill kind of negates that. If you can tell me exactly where you were I can take look at my geologic maps and see if there was something that would have caused that sort of amplification.

The only way you could get that sort of amplification was if you were on quaternary aluvium. That also happened to be pretty wet. The fact that you were on a hill kind of negates that. If you can tell me exactly where you were I can take look at my geologic maps and see if there was something that would have caused that sort of amplification.
i dont know exactly because it was on a street i was helping on....and it was about 10 years ago....in the Anaheim hills...they said the epicenter was in Yorba Linda...

i dont know exactly because it was on a street i was helping on....and it was about 10 years ago....in the Anaheim hills...they said the epicenter was in Yorba Linda...

Sadly, that isn't enough to go on. I will look and see if there is anything obvious. But I can only use the larger scale maps, I can't drill down to street level. That would tell me a lot more.

Can you give me major cross streets?

Sadly, that isn't enough to go on. I will look and see if there is anything obvious. But I can only use the larger scale maps, I can't drill down to street level. That would tell me a lot more.

Can you give me major cross streets?
try Santa Ana Canyon and Yorba Linda Blvd.....i was somewhere up there...

In the 60+Plus, I've heard about "The Big One" more times than I care to count. That includes Loma Preita, I was in San Francisco for that one. Earthquake Prediction is in it's infancy.

Californai has yet to break off and fall into the sea. Eureka was our last big shaker. Small quakes up and down the state are common, but nothing like L.A. and Northridge. The next large one, if and when it happens could occur anywhere. Odds are the Hayward or San Andreas. But as for any form of real Earthquake Prediction, the world waits.
I have not spent any real time out there since the mid 90s. I have an uncle in T.O Newbury Park area. Need to head that way soon.

Forum List

Back