Another example of how politics affects our daily lives..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I was checking gas buddy today as I was going to get a fill up. Today's price $3.23/gallon.
I then wondered when was the highest price of a gallon of gas in history and here is the story written June 6, 2023...
According to CNN Business, the price of gas at the pumps across the nation met an all-time-high average of $5.02 per gallon on June 14,2022.
Prices soared at that time due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict —
especially as the EU, whose consumption of Russian oil was around 40% of overall use, announced a speed up in the transition to alternative sources and fuels. As GOBankingRates previously reported, U.S. gas prices rose more than 45 cents per gallon since the onset of the conflict.

Now here is how it had become a political issue that affects my daily costs of living... i.e. driving.
A) A Biden "intimate moment"??

AP headline: "In intimate moment, Biden vows to ‘end fossil fuel’"​

Biden's "intimate moment:..
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

B) Biden said this for political reasons BUT not realistic reasons!
I would have had a more favorable response to his truly destructive comment if he said instead of "ending fossil fuels" he would have done what he promised..
Biden Pledges to Unify, Not Divide US in Address to Nation
What he should have said is what I would have suggested:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!
My statement agrees.. reduce CO2 emissions by working WITH the fossil fuels industry.
But why be so divisive and stupid to tell the fossil fuel industry they are going to be put out of business? What do you think they would do with that "guarantee"?

And the biased MSM and the destroy-America-politicians like Biden don't understand the importance!
Getting elected was Biden's first and foremost objective and he would say and do anything including destroying an American fundamental element.
And this grossly uninformed MSM? What was their observation on why gas was at $5.02 in June.. see below table..? blame it on Russia!
And what was Biden's response: shut down federal oil leases because remember he guarantees to "rid fossil fuels"!
By the way 60% of all Electricity generated in the USA comes from what Biden guarantees to rid...petroleum,gas,coal..."fossil fuels"!
And dummies like Biden want to rid fossil fuels!
Where is the biased MSM? What are Americans who depend on gas for cars and electricity for living going to do when Biden's guarantee happens?
Oh and for you truly uninformed... when you plug your EV into the re-charger... where does the electricity come from for the re-charger? See below!
electricitytransmission.png
sourceselectricityUSA.png
GaspricesBidenVStrump070523.png

Obviously we are running out of fossil fuels, so they will have to "go away".
But the reality is solar and wind are terrible, because they are too inconsistent, and require something big and expensive to store the energy.
So nuclear likely is our best bet, or bio fuel is the only other choice.

And since both nuclear and bio fuel works to fuel ICE vehicles, we should not be going to EVs (Electric Vehicles).
EVs waste to much energy in transformers, transmission lines, heavy, expensive, slow, and short lived batteries.

I don't know WTF happened from Thursday to Friday but gas went up from $3.50 to $3.65 a gallon!
I KNOW... here it went up from July 6,2023 of $2.949/gallon to today(7/30/23 ) of $3.32/gallon. A 37¢ increase or nearly 13%!
Certainly can't blame Russia oil prices!

Forum List

Back