another executive order

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
Obama signs another executive order today relieving collage students of their student loans. Don't hold your breath waiting for the GOP to try and stop him. All I can say is his action today only shines a spotlight on one of his biggest failures. His inability to get the economy moving and the creation of jobs growing. If there were decent jobs to be had in our nation then the students would not need his latest hand out.

This really pisses me off. While saving up for our children to go to college so they wont have any debt . Others will get out of paying some of the loans that NO ONE made them get .. Where is my rebates for my sons

Obama signs another executive order today relieving collage students of their student loans. Don't hold your breath waiting for the GOP to try and stop him. All I can say is his action today only shines a spotlight on one of his biggest failures. His inability to get the economy moving and the creation of jobs growing. If there were decent jobs to be had in our nation then the students would not need his latest hand out.

think of all the tax write offs loan institutions will get next tax year

Obama cut taxes for banks/businesses, small and large.

:eusa_whistle:

Not relieving them of their loans, allowing them to make smaller payments.

Aiming to alleviate the burden of student loan debt, President Barack Obama expanded a program Monday that lets borrowers pay no more than 10 percent of their income every month, and threw his support behind more sweeping Senate legislation targeting the issue.

An existing repayment plan Obama announced in 2010 lets borrowers pay no more than 10 percent of their monthly income in payments, but is only available for those who started borrowing after October 2007. Obama’s memo expands that program by making opening it to those who borrowed anytime in the past.

Obama also announced he is directing the government to renegotiate contracts with federal student loan servicers to encourage them to make it easier for borrowers to avoid defaulting on their loans. And he asked Treasury and Education departments to work with major tax preparers, including H&R Block and the makers of TurboTax, to increase awareness about tuition tax credits and flexible repayment options available to borrowers.

Here's the real clincher:

In previous Obama budgets, the White House has predicted that making the plan retroactive would cost the federal government billions of dollars in the early years. Asked about the costs Monday, Education Secretary Arne Duncan said the administration won’t know how much it will cost until they go through the rule-making process to put the expansion in place.

‘‘We actually don’t know the costs yet,’’ Duncan said. ‘‘We'll figure that out on the back end.’’

Executive order from Obama targets student loan debt - Politics - The Boston Globe

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

They should all be tossed overboard.

Exactly what do you mean by " relieving collage students of their student loans."?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk]You keep using that word. - YouTube[/ame]

Good. It just limits how much their payments can be per year.

I understand the gop's position that the availability of loans encourages kids to borrow even if they have little interest in graduating. However, the loan programs came about because we were no longer taxing progressively in the states to pay for public college/universities and lower tuition. And, the gop's position appears to be let's make college for profit, like Strayer and Virginia College.

Why can't we just limit how much a kid can borrow for a bachelors degree. And dole (-: it out in four loans, with each loan contingent upon passing a year's worth of classes?

Oh Oh

16298471_1782882182034667_1194200227541081028_n.png

Watch and learn...this is how you make America great again.

Forum List

Back