another family values republican resigns abruptly

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
looks like pajama boi is calling it a day. can't imagine why

Rep. Blake Farenthold, a Texas Republican who was facing an ethics investigation after using taxpayer funds to settle a sexual harassment claim from a former staffer, abruptly resigned his seat Friday.

Farenthold had announced in December that he would not seek reelection, but until Friday he appeared determined to serve out his fourth term in the House.

He said in a statement Friday that he had sent a letter to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) resigning his seat effective at 5 p.m.

“While I planned on serving out the remainder of my term in Congress, I know in my heart it’s time for me to move along and look for new ways to serve,” he said in the statement, which thanked his staff, family and constituents but offered no further rationale for his decision to immediately resign.

In December, the House Ethics Committee said it would probe not only the allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation but also whether Farenthold might have lied or omitted facts while giving testimony to the panel, as well as whether he improperly used House resources to benefit his political campaign. Farenthold’s resignation brings that probe to an immediate end.

There is one unsettled matter: Farenthold publicly promised in December to repay taxpayers for the $84,000 that was paid to his former communications director, Lauren Greene, who alleged in a 2014 lawsuit that he had discussed having sexual fantasies and “wet dreams” about her and that he had fired her after she complained about his behavior.

Despite Farenthold’s pledge, he has not made any payment.
Rep. Blake Farenthold, facing ethics probe, abruptly resigns

sounds like the perfect replacement for scott pruitt, no?

It’s like he’s a cartoon character of a d bag gop politician.

So he never touched her. She spread stories about him and he fired her. The worst thing he had were fantasies.

That's a good one.

This is old news.
it's dated today.....

what's old is he said he would not seek reelection, but would serve out his term....

What's new, is something else must have surfaced because he decided to resign as of yesterday at 5 pm.

"Republican who was facing an ethics investigation…"

Any such investigation will prove Republicans are devoid of ethics.

Ever notice that the "family values" Republican guys like to hang out with much younger pretty women to whom they must pay big bucks, but themselves look like shit? The guys in the pj's should hit the gym, pronto!

looks like pajama boi is calling it a day. can't imagine why

Rep. Blake Farenthold, a Texas Republican who was facing an ethics investigation after using taxpayer funds to settle a sexual harassment claim from a former staffer, abruptly resigned his seat Friday.

Farenthold had announced in December that he would not seek reelection, but until Friday he appeared determined to serve out his fourth term in the House.

He said in a statement Friday that he had sent a letter to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) resigning his seat effective at 5 p.m.

“While I planned on serving out the remainder of my term in Congress, I know in my heart it’s time for me to move along and look for new ways to serve,” he said in the statement, which thanked his staff, family and constituents but offered no further rationale for his decision to immediately resign.

In December, the House Ethics Committee said it would probe not only the allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation but also whether Farenthold might have lied or omitted facts while giving testimony to the panel, as well as whether he improperly used House resources to benefit his political campaign. Farenthold’s resignation brings that probe to an immediate end.

There is one unsettled matter: Farenthold publicly promised in December to repay taxpayers for the $84,000 that was paid to his former communications director, Lauren Greene, who alleged in a 2014 lawsuit that he had discussed having sexual fantasies and “wet dreams” about her and that he had fired her after she complained about his behavior.

Despite Farenthold’s pledge, he has not made any payment.
Rep. Blake Farenthold, facing ethics probe, abruptly resigns

sounds like the perfect replacement for scott pruitt, no?
Freak’n creepy

Forum List

Back