🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another fatuous right wing talking point in the making?

See this gramps?/ Ready to admit you support a lying scum??
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke about his distrust of foreign leaders and criticized U.S. President Donald Trump for his waning support of Ukraine, in a sprawling interview with Time and European media published Monday.

The interview marks Zelensky’s most vehement and high-profile defense of Ukraine since the U.S. House of Representatives began an impeachment inquiry into Trump’s efforts to force Ukraine to open investigations into his political rivals.

“If you’re our strategic partner, then you can’t go blocking anything for us,” Zelensky said at one point. “I think that’s just about fairness. It’s not about a quid pro quo.”

Trump’s intention to exchange military aid earmarked for Ukraine for dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden is at the heart of the House’s impeachment inquiry, along with efforts by Trump and White House officials to spread a conspiracy theory about Ukraine ― not Russia ― interfering in the 2016 election.

Intel officials told senators Russia wanted to pin election meddling on Ukraine: report
Intel officials told senators Russia wanted to pin election meddling on Ukraine: report

"American intelligence officials have told senators and their staff in recent weeks that Russia conducted a years-long effort to point the finger at Ukraine for its own interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election."

Chuck Todd Tells GOPer He’s Done ‘Exactly’ What Russia’s ‘Trying To Get American Politicians To Do’
Chuck Todd Tells GOPer He’s Done ‘Exactly’ What Russia's 'Trying To Get American Politicians To Do’

"During his interview with Todd, Kennedy admitted he was wrong to argue last week that Ukraine, not Russia, may have hacked the DNC’s email server in 2016; one of President Donald Trump’s debunked conspiracy theories that allegedly originated from the Kremlin itself.

However, Kennedy still insisted that Russia and Ukraine had both meddled in the 2016 elections–and then he made the astounding claim that former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko had “actively worked for” Hillary Clinton."

Look for this nutbaggery, that "they both did it," to become a new Repub sycophant talking point.

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Nuff said, both countries interfering is a fact, deal with it commie.

Putin would be so pleased with his success in duping you again.

View attachment 292816

As I predicted, the "they both did it" ruse is on track to be adopted as the latest insipid talking point by the Right. Putting aside its factual inaccuracy, I would ask........so what if they did? What has that got to do with the Divider-in-Chief extorting Zelensky to do him a favor by investigating Biden while using the withholding of military aid as leverage?

The article in the link I posted was dated more than 25 months ago, this is nothing new, no matter how you try to portray it. Nellie Ohr admitted in congressional testimony that she had a Ukrainian member of parliament as a source, trying to get dirt on the Trump campaign. One countries interference does not preclude interference by the other, no matter what propaganda you try to spread.

Senate panel look into Ukraine interference comes up short
Some Republican senators recently questioned whether Kyiv tried to sabotage Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. But the GOP-led Intelligence Committee looked into the theory, and found scant evidence to support it.

"With the impeachment inquiry charging forward, President Donald Trump’s allies have defended his demand for political investigations from Ukraine by claiming that the government in Kyiv tried to sabotage his candidacy and boost Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“Russia was very aggressive and they're much more sophisticated, but the fact that Russia was so aggressive does not exclude the fact that President Poroshenko actively worked for Secretary Clinton,” Republican Sen. John Kennedy claimed on Sunday in an interview with NBC, referring to the former Ukrainian president.

But the Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee thoroughly investigated that theory, according to people with direct knowledge of the inquiry, and found no evidence that Ukraine waged a top-down interference campaign akin to the Kremlin’s efforts to help Trump win in 2016."

So what Kennedy said are Republican "talking points?" Why didn't any other Republicans get the memo, Straw Man?

I guess you missed the Impeachment hearings?

Nunes? Joran? etc. etc.

"American intelligence officials have told senators and their staff in recent weeks that Russia conducted a years-long effort to point the finger at Ukraine for its own interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election."

Chuck Todd Tells GOPer He’s Done ‘Exactly’ What Russia’s ‘Trying To Get American Politicians To Do’
Chuck Todd Tells GOPer He’s Done ‘Exactly’ What Russia's 'Trying To Get American Politicians To Do’

"During his interview with Todd, Kennedy admitted he was wrong to argue last week that Ukraine, not Russia, may have hacked the DNC’s email server in 2016; one of President Donald Trump’s debunked conspiracy theories that allegedly originated from the Kremlin itself.

However, Kennedy still insisted that Russia and Ukraine had both meddled in the 2016 elections–and then he made the astounding claim that former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko had “actively worked for” Hillary Clinton."

Look for this nutbaggery, that "they both did it," to become a new Repub sycophant talking point.

View attachment 292816

As I predicted, the "they both did it" ruse is on track to be adopted as the latest insipid talking point by the Right. Putting aside its factual inaccuracy, I would ask........so what if they did? What has that got to do with the Divider-in-Chief extorting Zelensky to do him a favor by investigating Biden while using the withholding of military aid as leverage?

The article in the link I posted was dated more than 25 months ago, this is nothing new, no matter how you try to portray it. Nellie Ohr admitted in congressional testimony that she had a Ukrainian member of parliament as a source, trying to get dirt on the Trump campaign. One countries interference does not preclude interference by the other, no matter what propaganda you try to spread.

Some Republican senators recently questioned whether Kyiv tried to sabotage Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. But the GOP-led Intelligence Committee looked into the theory, and found scant evidence to support it.

"With the impeachment inquiry charging forward, President Donald Trump’s allies have defended his demand for political investigations from Ukraine by claiming that the government in Kyiv tried to sabotage his candidacy and boost Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“Russia was very aggressive and they're much more sophisticated, but the fact that Russia was so aggressive does not exclude the fact that President Poroshenko actively worked for Secretary Clinton,” Republican Sen. John Kennedy claimed on Sunday in an interview with NBC, referring to the former Ukrainian president.

But the Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee thoroughly investigated that theory, according to people with direct knowledge of the inquiry, and found no evidence that Ukraine waged a top-down interference campaign akin to the Kremlin’s efforts to help Trump win in 2016."

And another commie argues a matter of degrees, I've never said there was a top down campaign in Ukriane, that does not disprove the fact there were actors in Ukraine that worked on behalf of the bitch.

As I said earlier, one countries interference does NOT PRECLUDE interference from other countries. Interference is interference, deal with it commie.

View attachment 292816

And another commie argues a matter of degrees, I've never said there was a top down campaign in Ukriane, that does not disprove the fact there were actors in Ukraine that worked on behalf of the bitch.

As I said earlier, one countries interference does NOT PRECLUDE interference from other countries. Interference is interference, deal with it commie.

I'm going to try to put this in words you can understand In 2016 a GOP investigation found that Ukraine had NOTHING to do with our elections Repubs are now lying and misrepresenting their asses off trying to create a log jam

View attachment 292816

But the Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee thoroughly investigated that theory, according to people with direct knowledge of the inquiry, A Ukraine court verified that was intended to meddle in the election."

I'm going to try to put this in words you can understand In 2016 a GOP investigation found that Ukraine had NOTHING to do with our elections Repubs are now lying and misrepresenting their asses off trying to create a log jam

STFU commie, try reading the link in post 42, here I'll post a portion,

found no evidence that Ukraine waged a top-down interference campaign akin to the Kremlin’s efforts to help Trump win in 2016.

That doesn't say there was NO INTERFERENCE FROM UKRAINE, it says it wasn't to the same extent as Russia. Once again, a matter of degrees.

"Some guy said something" is nothing LIKE the extensive attack on our electoral process engaged in by the Russians in 2016

Alexandra Chalupa, who Repubs brought up during the House impeachment inquiry as a key figure in their nonsense conspiracy theory, has already been questioned by Repubs on the Senate Intel Committee. They came to the conclusion what happened was..........in the parlance of Trumpette's.........a nothingburger.
They came to the conclusion the assertion Sen. Kennedy made on national TV (part of the Repub's ongoing efforts to muddy the waters) that Pres. Poroshenko worked on Clinton's behalf was bullshyte.
Saying Ukraine and Russia both meddled in our election is like saying I am a basketball player like Michael Jordan is a basketball player because I once dribbled a basketball.

"The Senate interview largely focused on a POLITICO article published in January 2017, according to a person with direct knowledge of the closed-door hearing, in which Chalupa was quoted as saying officials at the Ukrainian Embassy were "helpful" to her effort to raise the alarm about Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort in 2016.

“If I asked a question, they would provide guidance, or if there was someone I needed to follow up with," she said at the time. She cautioned, however, that the embassy was “very careful” not to get involved politically because of the bipartisan support Ukraine has traditionally enjoyed from U.S. lawmakers. As the POLITICO article noted, there was “little evidence” of a “top-down effort” by the Ukraianian government to sabotage Trump’s campaign. And the article did not allege that Poroshenko “actively worked” for Clinton, as Kennedy claimed.

In her Senate testimony, Chalupa denied serving as an intermediary between the Ukrainian embassy and the DNC and said she had been targeted by a Russian active measures campaign. Intelligence officials have since briefed senators on Russia’s attempts to pin blame for the 2016 interference on Kyiv as part of a disinformation operation, according to a source familiar with the briefings, which were first reported by the New York Times."

There is no meaningful attempt on the part of Repubs to make their case on Ukraine. There is no case to be made. The Senate Intel Committee already made that judgement. They only seek to confuse the issue, make grotesquely false analogies, throw any mud on the wall at all if it means keeping people from seeing clearly the basic truth..............Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine while it was under attack from Russia in order to extract a political favor that would benefit Trump. Then WH officials tried to conceal the phone call transcript because they knew it was incriminating. Everything else is noise.

f3stzbdi6f141.jpg

i6rgihwct5z31.jpg

"In her testimony, Trump’s former top Russia adviser Fiona Hill acknowledged Chaly’s comments, but said she knew of “an awful lot of senior officials in many governments, including our allied governments” who had criticized Trump in 2016. And she called it “a fiction that the Ukrainian government was launching an effort to upend our election, upend our election to mess with our Democratic systems.”

Asked whether a Ukrainian-American might have been interested in “injecting” negative information about Manafort into the press, Hill retorted that the same could be said of the Ukrainian-American operatives Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, two associates of Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani “who were also trying to subvert our democracy and who managed to get one of our ambassadors sacked.” (Parnas and Fruman helped launch a smear campaign that culminated last spring in the early recall of Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.)'

Romney says ‘no evidence’ that Ukraine interfered in U.S. elections
Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) challenged the assertion from the White House and some of his GOP colleagues that Ukraine had interfered in the 2016 election.

“I saw no evidence from our intelligence community, nor from the representatives today from the Department of State, that there is any evidence of any kind that suggests that Ukraine interfered in our elections,” Romney told reporters outside a Senate hearing. “We have ample evidence that Russia interfered in our elections.”

The all too predictable reaction of Trump cult members will be to dismiss Romney as a "never Trumper" because they can not factually dispute what he said.

Can you tell me in your own words how Ukraine interfered?

Sure I can:

1. Several people in Ukraine put out public statements questioning Trumps fitness for office.

2. Ukraine leaked the Black Ledger implying that Manafort was under investigation in Ukraine, only to back away from that, after the election. That cost Manafort his position on the campaign, and created a big media story here. A Ukraine court verified that was intended to meddle in the election.

3. A Ukraine member a parliament was a source for Nellie Ohr and Fusion GPS trying to get dirt on the Trump campaign.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that's off the top.

1. People saying mean things about Trump is really lame “interference”. Trump does this all the time.

2. The black ledger was published by a journalist and MP as well as the prosecutor in their anti-corruption bureau. It wasn’t leaked. It was released in a press conference. Openly.

Now, Ukraine has a famously corrupt legal system. Leshchenko and Sytnyk have really good reputations and being against corruption. They were convicted in one of Ukraine’s famously corrupt courts by prosecutors thought to be also corrupt. Their conviction was overturned in a high court by the way.

The black ledger itself has never been thoroughly debunked. Some transactions have been confirmed by the FBI and investigate journalists. We know from Manafort’s trial that he was given tens of millions from Yanukovych, who remember was run out of the country and discovered to have been using the country’s wealth for his personal benefit.

Mind you, Manafort is sitting in federal prison for corruption relating to his activity in Ukraine.

Can you tell me why it’s so bad that Ukrainians were pointing out the corruption of someone who is corrupt?

3. There was one vague reference by Ohr about a Ukrainian MP. No idea what if anything was actually provided. All heresay ;)

Sure I can:

1. Several people in Ukraine put out public statements questioning Trumps fitness for office.

2. Ukraine leaked the Black Ledger implying that Manafort was under investigation in Ukraine, only to back away from that, after the election. That cost Manafort his position on the campaign, and created a big media story here. A Ukraine court verified that was intended to meddle in the election.

3. A Ukraine member a parliament was a source for Nellie Ohr and Fusion GPS trying to get dirt on the Trump campaign.

1. People saying mean things about Trump is really lame “interference”. Trump does this all the time.

2. The black ledger was published by a journalist and MP as well as the prosecutor in their anti-corruption bureau. It wasn’t leaked. It was released in a press conference. Openly.

Now, Ukraine has a famously corrupt legal system. Leshchenko and Sytnyk have really good reputations and being against corruption. They were convicted in one of Ukraine’s famously corrupt courts by prosecutors thought to be also corrupt. Their conviction was overturned in a high court by the way.

The black ledger itself has never been thoroughly debunked. Some transactions have been confirmed by the FBI and investigate journalists. We know from Manafort’s trial that he was given tens of millions from Yanukovych, who remember was run out of the country and discovered to have been using the country’s wealth for his personal benefit.

Mind you, Manafort is sitting in federal prison for corruption relating to his activity in Ukraine.

Can you tell me why it’s so bad that Ukrainians were pointing out the corruption of someone who is corrupt?

3. There was one vague reference by Ohr about a Ukrainian MP. No idea what if anything was actually provided. All heresay ;)

All of Manaforts convictions were for bank and tax fraud and conspiracy. Nothing related to Ukraine except trying to hide the money he made there. There were no corruption convictions, so stop lying.
It's about the timing and intent. BTW you seem to have a problem with investigating possible corruption with the Bidens, why the double standard?

Sure I can:

All of Manaforts convictions were for bank and tax fraud and conspiracy. Nothing related to Ukraine except trying to hide the money he made there. There were no corruption convictions, so stop lying.
It's about the timing and intent. BTW you seem to have a problem with investigating possible corruption with the Bidens, why the double standard?

Hmm, why would Manafort being hiding the source of his money? Because it came from the corrupt president of Ukraine. Sorry man. Manafort is corrupt.

With Manafort, there were clear indications of corruption which resulted in an investigation, trial and conviction. There simply is no real evidence of corruption with the Biden’s.

Hate to say I told you so, but.....................

GOP embraces a debunked Ukraine conspiracy to defend Trump from impeachment
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3aa372-15ea-11ea-8406-df3c54b3253e_story.html

Much of the Republican Party is pressing ahead with debunked claims about Ukraine as they defend President Trump from possible impeachment, embracing Russian-fueled conspiracy theories that seek to cast blame on Kyiv rather than Moscow for interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

The increasingly aggressive GOP efforts continued Tuesday on Capitol Hill and were amplified throughout conservative media, one day after House Republicans released a 123-page document that insisted that Trump’s handling of Ukraine was founded on “genuine and reasonable” suspicions — despite mounting evidence rejecting that assertion and warning of its consequences.

“I am not,” David Hale, the No. 3 official at the State Department, said Tuesday at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, when asked whether he was aware of any evidence of Ukrainian interference in the U.S. presidential election.

Republicans’ promotion of Trump’s Ukraine conspiracy theory is the latest example of their capitulation to him and of the GOP’s rapid transformation on Russia — from a party that for decades celebrated its hawkish stance toward the Kremlin to one that is reluctant to take a hard line and risk Trump’s wrath.

Sure I can:

Hmm, why would Manafort being hiding the source of his money? Because it came from the corrupt president of Ukraine. Sorry man. Manafort is corrupt.

With Manafort, there were clear indications of corruption which resulted in an investigation, trial and conviction. There simply is no real evidence of corruption with the Biden’s.

Exactly where did I say he was hiding the source of his money, I said he was hiding his money period. And poppa Biden admitted on video that he interfered in the internal affairs in Ukraine. I believe there are international laws about such behavior. Burisma hired baby Biden to gain access to the State dept, using his name. That's not speculation, that's what happened. So don't say there is no evidence against the Bidens.

Sure I can:

Exactly where did I say he was hiding the source of his money, I said he was hiding his money period. And poppa Biden admitted on video that he interfered in the internal affairs in Ukraine. I believe there are international laws about such behavior. Burisma hired baby Biden to gain access to the State dept, using his name. That's not speculation, that's what happened. So don't say there is no evidence against the Bidens.

This is what you said about Manafort:
Nothing related to Ukraine except trying to hide the money he made there.
He laundered the money. Laundering money is a process where you hide the source of the income. We both know the money Manafort made in Ukraine was misappropriated from the Ukrainian people by their exiled president. Manafort is corrupt.

Biden was working towards helping Ukraine become less corrupt. We did that to help Ukraine but also to help our country. A less corrupt Ukraine means better opportunity for them and for us to invest in them. It's pretty ridiculous to say that there's international laws against it.

There's no evidence Burisma exerted any undue influence on government policy.

Sure I can:

He laundered the money. Laundering money is a process where you hide the source of the income. We both know the money Manafort made in Ukraine was misappropriated from the Ukrainian people by their exiled president. Manafort is corrupt.

Biden was working towards helping Ukraine become less corrupt. We did that to help Ukraine but also to help our country. A less corrupt Ukraine means better opportunity for them and for us to invest in them. It's pretty ridiculous to say that there's international laws against it.

Wow, great assumptions you got going there, Manafort wasn't convicted of money laundering.

And no matter the pretense the UN Charter says you can't interfere in the internal affairs of another member country.

All member states “shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state…”

https://stephenlendman.org/2018/10/illegal-us-meddling-in-affairs-of-other-countries/

Wow, great assumptions you got going there, Manafort wasn't convicted of money laundering.

And no matter the pretense the UN Charter says you can't interfere in the internal affairs of another member country.

All member states “shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state…”

https://stephenlendman.org/2018/10/illegal-us-meddling-in-affairs-of-other-countries/

Manafort plead down to conspiracy to commit money laundering. You're splitting hairs mate.

Good thing Biden didn't use the threat or use of force. Good lord, did you actually read what you quoted?

Manafort plead down to conspiracy to commit money laundering. You're splitting hairs mate.

Good thing Biden didn't use the threat or use of force. Good lord, did you actually read what you quoted?

What would you call a billion dollar loan guarantee that would likely have caused a collapse of the Ukraine economy without it. Extortion is force.

Forum List

Back