ANOTHER IRS scandal erupting!

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
The IRS has failed to scrutinize big PAC's the same as they've been doing to little groups like local Tea Party efforts, and appear to have been shielding them from watchdog groups.

"....Over the last two years, government watchdog groups filed more than a dozen complaints with the Internal Revenue Service seeking inquiries into whether large nonprofit organizations like those founded by the Republican political operative Karl Rove and former Obama administration aides had violated their tax-exempt status by spending tens of millions of dollars on political advertising.

The I.R.S. never responded...."

“....We’ve complained about a few big fish and we’ve heard nothing from the I.R.S.,” said Paul S. Ryan, senior counsel at the Campaign Legal Center, which filed many of the complaints with the agency. “We would far rather see scrutiny of these big fish — the groups that spent hundreds of millions of dollars to influence elections — than to see the resources spent on hundreds of small groups that appeared to spend very little on elections....
”
"....But while a few of the big groups have faced delays in having their tax exemptions recognized by the I.R.S., none appear to have received the intense scrutiny given the Tea Party groups, which were asked dozens of questions about spending on political advertising and other election activities...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/u...-watchdog-groups-say.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Forum List

Back