Another Mass Shooting in Colorado

Why do you think other countries have banned guns? Do you have mental issues? Does it make you feel macho? Are you challenging my dog for IQ points? Or are you just a retard, a 7 year old trapped in an adults body (I'm assuming you're an adult).
Other countries have banned guns because it makes it easier to control the population.

lyndon-mcleod.jpg

Gun nut.

Lyndon McLeod, 47, was killed by police at the Belmar shopping center in Lakewood after he carried out shootings in at least six locations.

Killed people at tattoo parlors for God knows why.

"Unregulated guns?" where do you live...guns are one of the most regulated items in this country...
LOL Seems 2aguy hasn't read Penal Codes, Health & Safety Codes, Business and Professions Codes, Fish and Game Codes, Food and Agricultural Codes, Harbors and Navigation Codes, etc. etc.

Clearly the "gun codes" are not strong enough to keep guns out of the hands of kooks.

LOL Seems 2aguy hasn't read Penal Codes, Health & Safety Codes, Business and Professions Codes, Fish and Game Codes, Food and Agricultural Codes, Harbors and Navigation Codes, etc. etc.

Clearly the "gun codes" are not strong enough to keep guns out of the hands of kooks.

How did all of those gun laws work in Norway and Paris?

Conservatives are utterly dishonest – nothing but lies and failed attempts to deflect.

They don’t have the courage to address the problem of gun crime and violence.
I’ve got an idea how to address gun crime and violence!

Let over a hundred thousand violent felons out from prison early, prosecute anyone trying to defend themselves from being murdered, defund the police, and give criminals room to destroy!

And you thought we had no plan.

Yeah...crap. They count any shooting as a mass public shooting you doofus.......

Here is the real chart....

US mass shootings, 1982–2021: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
    ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Deaths in actual mass public shootings... ( someone do the math and tell us what percent of 10,235 the number 73 equals.....)

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

Sandy Hook..............one.

I take it you missed the, "1 in 15 years + bit", typical.

NRA..........gullible American gun owners Bible
Yeah ... You one them Caveman allright.I mean,alright in some sections
of Society.Not in sane public.But that's too be expected.
Redefine Marriage while mocking if not castigating any notion
of the nuclear family and what's left.Just Tattoos and Big Brother
as the New Religion.

Throwing stars?

The British longbow --- made especially with the French in mind.

The longbow was used for hunting and target shooting. Throwing stars likewise. Swords, halberds, and morning stars have no use other than killing. And collecting of course. Real ones are worth quite a bit.

If only the Titanic had more icebergs to protect itself.

The questions you refuse to answer...

The AMA, AHA and others professional organizations don't publish bogus studies. You just can't face the truth. That's why you only talk aboit a few places instead of the whole country. Guns are killing whites to, shooting, suicides etc. So get your subscription to the Chicago Defender so you can see what's really going on in the black community in Chicago instead of reading white racist bullshit about Chicago written by some white dude in Texas.
I've had a shotgun licence before, never had a firearms certificate. If I go shooting, me and my lads go to a local outdoor activity centre and shoot some clay pigeons. We just use their Beretta's.

Oh, just to let you know, Hitler and the Nazis' are no longer about, you need to get up to date. You haven't listed the two countries where guns are banned.

Guns aren't banned in Australia, UK, New Zealand, France, Germany etc.. You will find restrictions with their size etc.. but let me look out of the window........yup, plenty of guns mate.

Owning a gun in the UK is not based on wage, you retard.

Answer these questions...

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

Do you want her to use that gun to stop the rape?

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?
======

The British government will not allow a woman to own and carry a gun to prevent being gang raped in a London park.....saying she does not have "good reason," to own the gun.

A member of the House of Lords wants to quail hunt with his rich friends on his private country estate, and the British government gives him the gun....because he has "good reason."

Does this make sense to you?

lyndon-mcleod.jpg

Gun nut.

Lyndon McLeod, 47, was killed by police at the Belmar shopping center in Lakewood after he carried out shootings in at least six locations.

Killed people at tattoo parlors for God knows why.

The German government in 1939 murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children......

Hmmmmm....which number shows the more dangerous threat......

The longbow was used for hunting and target shooting. Throwing stars likewise. Swords, halberds, and morning stars have no use other than killing. And collecting of course. Real ones are worth quite a bit.
Nope, I read way too much history to believe that the English longbow wasn't a military weapon: or that Japanese throwing stars were used for hunting!!

You're just wrong. And don't seem to have a point.

Most edged tools are weapons, and if they aren't, they are certainly used that way whenever there's a riot or rebellion. Flails, pitchforks, shovels, etc. Humans are violent and we are our own most important enemies.

The German government in 1939 murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children......

Hmmmmm....which number shows the more dangerous threat......
So you consider Hitler's Third Reich a " Government ".
Hitler broke the Berlin Communists in order to become the
leading party in Germany with his Nazi Party.He wasted no time in
rounding up Beliner Communists and putting them alongside Jews in
Concentration Camps.Hitler usurped power in order to become Chancellor.
His Nazis proved they could outmuscle Germany and force the hand of
Hindenburg,the President.Hitler lost his attempt to beat Hindenburg in an
election.Hindenburg decided who was to be Chancellor.
But Hitler's use of muscle eventually weakened Hindenburgs hand as to how
Germany will be run.Regardless of how many seats the Nazis picked up in
the Reichstag elections of 1933,Hindenburg,caved and was pressured to
name Hitler as German Chancellor.

Nope, I read way too much history to believe that the English longbow wasn't a military weapon: or that Japanese throwing stars were used for hunting!!

You're just wrong. And don't seem to have a point.

Most edged tools are weapons, and if they aren't, they are certainly used that way whenever there's a riot or rebellion. Flails, pitchforks, shovels, etc. Humans are violent and we are our own most important enemies.

Henry had to pay the Welsh archers to practice enough to be useful as a military force.

As hunters they were great, but as military people they were a pain in the ass.

So, in other words, you don't OWN anything. Gotchya. Thanks for making my point.
I've had two shotguns in the past. A friend got into shooting, so I sold them, got bored of them. We don't have enemies storming our houses so I don't need them to protect my family.

As for licence cost, it's about £88 for firearms and £79 for shotgun. You don't have to be rich to afford that, do you!. I just let my certificate run out, they only last 5 years. The renewal fee is cheaper.

All you need is appropriate styled guns and a robust licensing system to reduce incidents down to what they are in Australia, UK etc..

The more guns with poor regulation equates to more incidents, hence America's gun problem.

I've had two shotguns in the past. A friend got into shooting, so I sold them, got bored of them. We don't have enemies storming our houses so I don't need them to protect my family.

As for licence cost, it's about £88 for firearms and £79 for shotgun. You don't have to be rich to afford that, do you!. I just let my certificate run out, they only last 5 years. The renewal fee is cheaper.

All you need is appropriate styled guns and a robust licensing system to reduce incidents down to what they are in Australia, UK etc..

The more guns with poor regulation equates to more incidents, hence America's gun problem.

Hmmmm....which license did these guys get for the machine gun and automatic pistols?

A gang of five men and one woman hit two innocent bystanders in a machine gun battle outside a party with hundreds of guests over a petty feud.

Some 34 bullets were blasted when two rival groups of heavily armed gunmen opened fire at each other outside a private function in east London.

At least eight rounds were unloaded from an Uzi submachine gun inside the rented hall in Leyton, forcing terrified partygoers out into the street.

Two innocent revellers suffered gunshot wounds after getting caught in the crossfire inside the building.

Now...answer these questions....

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

Do you want her to use that gun to stop the rape?

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?
====

The British government will not allow a woman to own and carry a gun to prevent being gang raped in a London park.....saying she does not have "good reason," to own the gun.

A member of the House of Lords wants to quail hunt with his rich friends on his private country estate, and the British government gives him the gun....because he has "good reason."

Does this make sense to you?

I own over 150 guns. Some are machine guns. Those require a special tax, all the others don't.

Your correlation does NOT equal causation. We have over 300,000,000 firearms in this country. If what you claimed were true, we would have far more than 10,000 murders per year.

We don't.

In a purely statistical measure, you are far more likely to die from a doctors screwup.

There are 800,000 of them, but according to the AMA they kill 120,000 people per year.

Guns are not a problem.

Forum List

Back