Another Obama Legacy Bye Bye: Trump Repealing Ban on Fracking on Fed Lands

More oil now, generations more fucked in the future.

But hey, fuck em, it is not our fault we were born before them!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Please elaborate on that post. Thanks

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.
It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.
It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.

Low chance. Nothing is truly idiot-proof.

Like quoting a post? lol :p

Wrong as usual. At least you are consistent.

Fracking Can Contaminate Drinking Water

EPA reverses course, highlights fracking contamination of drinking water | APM Reports

The "if done correctly" is a big if, to say the least. Doing it "correctly" cost a lot more, and we all know that money is the bottom line.

And there are not near enough studies yet to determine what the long term damage from the increased earthquakes is.

Wrong as usual. At least you are consistent.

Fracking Can Contaminate Drinking Water

EPA reverses course, highlights fracking contamination of drinking water | APM Reports

"Injection of hydraulic fracturing fluids directly into groundwater resources" can cause contamination.
LOL no fucking shit. If i pour gas into my bottle of water, it is contaminated.
If fracking is done CORRECTLY, it wont contaminate it.
"reverses course" :lol:
"Data gaps and uncertainties limited EPA’s ability to fully assess the potential impacts on drinking water resources locally and nationally. Because of these data gaps and uncertainties, it was not possible to fully characterize the severity of impacts, nor was it possible to calculate or estimate the national frequency of impacts on drinking water resources from activities in the hydraulic fracturing water cycle."
:rofl:
Fucking hack

The "if done correctly" is a big if, to say the least. Doing it "correctly" cost a lot more, and we all know that money is the bottom line.

And there are not near enough studies yet to determine what the long term damage from the increased earthquakes is.
A big "if?" So we should stop transporting oil by railcar? Oil by pipeline? Stop shipping oil by sea?
Fuck it. Everything comes with a price. Turn your goddamn internet off.

Last edited:
More oil produced locally. Less money sent to the ME powder keg. No wonder Obama didn't like it.

96cfc7d6fb0e7b45c5b7b00b98ca816988a8784b306fd847ab195e9a74594ba0.jpg

Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
Trump won’t be happy until makes this country the cess pool it was before the EPA put a stop to it.
Trump is also weakening off shore safety rules. He’s so beholden to the fossil fuel swamp dwellers it’s pathetic.
While idiots like you still say he’s “ draining the swamp.”
Buy a new talking point, the Republicans want dead puppies rant is decades old and just makes everyone spit coffee out of their noses laughing at you.

Why does Oklahoma have an inordinate amount of earthquakes ?
Could it be they’re big on fracking?
Ya know what stopped the frequency of fracking in OK?
The governor’s mansion was damaged by one of their frequent earthquakes with fracking being done near by.
My friend from OK told me this delightful story.
Why do you hate science? The Midwest holds the record in America for the largest earthquakes and the Obummer EPA says fracking is not a problem.
EPA: Fracking's no big threat to water

Fracking is a wry dirty process....that is not even arguable. But it is necessary to meet our insatiable thirst for energy. What should never happen is that one ounce of that fuel be allowed to leave the country. In that regard I say hamstring the company and don't let them think about shipping it out. Too bad that the oil from the keystone pipeline will be allowed to be shipped out. That's poor poor decision making.

Fracking is a wry dirty process....that is not even arguable. But it is necessary to meet our insatiable thirst for energy. What should never happen is that one ounce of that fuel be allowed to leave the country. In that regard I say hamstring the company and don't let them think about shipping it out. Too bad that the oil from the keystone pipeline will be allowed to be shipped out. That's poor poor decision making.
Keystone pipline carries Canadian oil, dufus.

I know it's Canadian oil....what's the point of letting them use our land to pump their oil? The oil industry is untrustworthy at best.

Why does Oklahoma have an inordinate amount of earthquakes ?
Could it be they’re big on fracking?
Ya know what stopped the frequency of fracking in OK?
The governor’s mansion was damaged by one of their frequent earthquakes with fracking being done near by.
My friend from OK told me this delightful story.

Your friend from OK told you that? Then it must be true!

I guess the toxicity of the chemicals causes earthquakes.

You're a moron.

A big "if?" So we should stop transporting oil by railcar? Oil by pipeline? Stop shipping oil by sea?

Some prices we pay now, some we pass onto future generations.

But as long as you get cheap electricity, what the fuck do you care about anyone else.

Typical.

Low chance. Nothing is truly idiot-proof.

You mean like this?

iu

But as long as you get cheap electricity, what the fuck do you care about anyone else.

Typical.
Keep on with your hackery, bro :thup:

More oil produced locally. Less money sent to the ME powder keg. No wonder Obama didn't like it.

96cfc7d6fb0e7b45c5b7b00b98ca816988a8784b306fd847ab195e9a74594ba0.jpg

Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
Trump won’t be happy until makes this country the cess pool it was before the EPA put a stop to it.
Trump is also weakening off shore safety rules. He’s so beholden to the fossil fuel swamp dwellers it’s pathetic.
While idiots like you still say he’s “ draining the swamp.”

Trump hasn't even repealed regulations to the point where they were at during the Bush administration. Are you claiming the country was a cesspool in 2008?

Typical.

Ahh how cute, trying to imitate me! Are you going to start following me around again, humping my leg hoping to get my attention?

Typical.

Ahh how cute, trying to imitate me! Are you going to start following me around again, humping my leg hoping to get my attention?
If i wanted to imitate you, i would copy/paste an article from Mother Jones

Forum List

Back