Another Obama Legacy Bye Bye: Trump Repealing Ban on Fracking on Fed Lands

Please elaborate on that post. Thanks

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.
It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.
Why does Oklahoma have an inordinate amount of earthquakes ?
Could it be they’re big on fracking?
Ya know what stopped the frequency of fracking in OK?
The governor’s mansion was damaged by one of their frequent earthquakes with fracking being done near by.
My friend from OK told me this delightful story.

I know several people from Oklahoma I have worked with on the road and they have also mentioned to me the increased frequency of earthquakes there as well. They said it seems to stem from the fracking going on there. I have no idea but it does make sense.

Yes, there is an increased number of eathquakes, but they are all so minor that they are barely noticed. Magnitude 3 can hardly be felt.

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.
It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.
The governor’s mansion was damaged by one of their frequent earthquakes with fracking being done near by.

I know several people from Oklahoma I have worked with on the road and they have also mentioned to me the increased frequency of earthquakes there as well. They said it seems to stem from the fracking going on there. I have no idea but it does make sense.

Yes, there is an increased number of eathquakes, but they are all so minor that they are barely noticed. Magnitude 3 can hardly be felt.

Can not contribute on the strength of the quacks, but for an area that does not build for earthquake like construction it could, I do say could be somewhat concerning.

I am by no means against fracking, but maybe some regions should be a little more regulated.

The "if done correctly" is a big if, to say the least. Doing it "correctly" cost a lot more, and we all know that money is the bottom line.

And there are not near enough studies yet to determine what the long term damage from the increased earthquakes is.
A big "if?" So we should stop transporting oil by railcar? Oil by pipeline? Stop shipping oil by sea?
Fuck it. Everything comes with a price. Turn your goddamn internet off.

Some prices we pay now, some we pass onto future generations.

But as long as you get cheap electricity, what the fuck do you care about anyone else.

Typical.

The cost for your schemes to save the planet are astronomical now and in the future. There's no upside to spending money on something that isn't a problem.

The cost of not fracking is astronomical? Really, that is your stance. Oh well, I guess you have to ride the horse you have.

I said "the cost of your schemes" is astronomical. Outlawing fracking is one of those. What do you propose to replace it with, windmills? Pixie dust? NO matter what environmental retards like you claim, so called green energy is astronomical in comparison with fossil fuels. For one thing, they all require 100% backup from a reliable source of energy.

I have never called for an outlaw of fracking, just prudent use of it. This is the problem with political hacks like you, everything is black and white, everything is all or nothing. Being hyper-partisan takes away your ability to understand nuance.

You are the one making up stories about me posting from Mother Jones. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you were drunk and not just a fucking liar.

My bad. I should have known you were just full of shit and not assumed you were drunk. I will not make that mistake again.
A lie? LOL Really?
Goddamn, better watch out or that corn cob up your ass will rot.

Yes, a lie. I have never copy and pasted shit from Mother Jones.
It was a joke. I was making fun of your content.
Like i said, that corncob will rot

Oh, it was a joke. Wow, don't quit your day job!

I really see how Scientific American equates to Mother Jones, but I am sure you do.
Jesus.. I won't joke with you anymore, prude

Or better yet, just make it actually funny.

just a thought

A big "if?" So we should stop transporting oil by railcar? Oil by pipeline? Stop shipping oil by sea?

But as long as you get cheap electricity, what the fuck do you care about anyone else.

Typical.

The cost for your schemes to save the planet are astronomical now and in the future. There's no upside to spending money on something that isn't a problem.

The cost of not fracking is astronomical? Really, that is your stance. Oh well, I guess you have to ride the horse you have.

I said "the cost of your schemes" is astronomical. Outlawing fracking is one of those. What do you propose to replace it with, windmills? Pixie dust? NO matter what environmental retards like you claim, so called green energy is astronomical in comparison with fossil fuels. For one thing, they all require 100% backup from a reliable source of energy.

I have never called for an outlaw of fracking, just prudent use of it. This is the problem with political hacks like you, everything is black and white, everything is all or nothing. Being hyper-partisan takes away your ability to understand nuance.

Whenever gullible turds like you starte talking about "prudent use," it always ends up being prohibited by govenment bureaucrats.

More oil produced locally. Less money sent to the ME powder keg. No wonder Obama didn't like it.

96cfc7d6fb0e7b45c5b7b00b98ca816988a8784b306fd847ab195e9a74594ba0.jpg

Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
Trump won’t be happy until makes this country the cess pool it was before the EPA put a stop to it.
Trump is also weakening off shore safety rules. He’s so beholden to the fossil fuel swamp dwellers it’s pathetic.
While idiots like you still say he’s “ draining the swamp.”

You libs have already made the country a cesspool, literally. You idiots spill HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF RAW UNTREATED SEWAGE into public waterways from your Dem run inner cities. You foul the water so badly that swimming has to be banned for fear of disease.

But what are all those 3's doing under the surface to the bedrock? Are they setting things up for a much larger quake? Are they opening new fissures in the rock for the fracking fluid to flow into?

Typical.

Whenever gullible turds like you starte talking about "prudent use," it always ends up being prohibited by govenment bureaucrats.

As I said, with partisan hacks, everything is all or nothing. You have no ability for critical thinking as it was traded way for your party loyalty.

More oil now, generations more fucked in the future.

But hey, fuck em, it is not our fault we were born before them!

Toxic liquids? PLEASE DO TELL!

I did. Read the link I posted. (CAUTION! There is science involved...)

is it science or some bs study you guys made up?

Your attempts at "flames" are like a broken mary poppins record.
"oh come on guys. stop taking the shots" :gay:

You are the one making up stories about me posting from Mother Jones. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you were drunk and not just a fucking liar.

My bad. I should have known you were just full of shit and not assumed you were drunk. I will not make that mistake again.
A lie? LOL Really?
Goddamn, better watch out or that corn cob up your ass will rot.

Yes, a lie. I have never copy and pasted shit from Mother Jones.
What would be the wrong with posting a link or quotes from Mother Jones? They have been publishing for almost a half a century.

Nothing wrong with it if that is your thing, they are a bit too politically biased for my taste
Everyone in the industry us political. They happen to be progressive and liberal.

Typical.

We understand nuance.....you guys usually don't

but do tell, what is the "prudent use" of it" ?

More oil now, generations more fucked in the future.

But hey, fuck em, it is not our fault we were born before them!

This is a obama Muslim minute folks
Ya just have to read ibtl

The amount of fracking would have to me multiplied by a factor of several millions to cause even the most minor earthquake. The energy required to cause an earthquake would require something on the order of a thermonuclear bomb!

But what are all those 3's doing under the surface to the bedrock? Are they setting things up for a much larger quake? Are they opening new fissures in the rock for the fracking fluid to flow into?

Oh I understand where you're coming from. I am not a geologist and have no idea what may happen. But this is part of a step for more energy independence that we need to take. Do we need to drill and frack at will no, but I do not know where that balance is.

As I said, with partisan hacks, everything is all or nothing. You have no ability for critical thinking as it was traded way for your party loyalty.

One thing every intelligent person has learned is that you never give the government leeway to do what it wants. Every time you do it will abuse its powers and start persecuting people. "Prudent" means keeping government under a tight leash.

Oh I understand where you're coming from. I am not a geologist and have no idea what may happen. But this is part of a step for more energy independence that we need to take. Do we need to drill and frack at will no, but I do not know where that balance is.
The last thing we need is leftwing bureacrats deciding how much we should frack. They have already been given similar jobs and demonstrated a predilection for limiting the supply of consumer goods.

The last thing we need is leftwing bureacrats deciding how much we should frack. They have already been given similar jobs and demonstrated a predilection for limiting the supply of consumer goods.

We cannot just drill our way out of the problem. Other avenues have to be explored as well. To not do so is limiting the supply of consumer goods!

We cannot just drill our way out of the problem. Other avenues have to be explored as well. To not do so is limiting the supply of consumer goods!

The best solution is to develope fusion power as quickly as possible.

The best solution is to develope fusion power as quickly as possible.

Not as familiar with it other than they have no real idea how to contain it.

Forum List

Back