CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

Yet they account for the greatest majority of mass murders.
And mass murders account for less than 1% of all murders

So yeah let's focus on the less that 1% because it's an emotionally charged issue. That's always the best thing to do
Yes, let's do, because families having dinner at a restaurant or doing their shopping really shouldn't need to worry about getting mowed down with a semi-automatic rifle. Damned straight, it's an emotionally charged issue. Explain why it shouldn't be, please.

Then you should get rid of gun free zones......those, more than anything else is driving these attacks....

That's untrue as well 2A, gun free zones no more cause violence than guns themselves do. They are merely a tool used by the violent to determine WHERE they will commit their acts of violence.

Actually, you are correct........they do draw these attackers is what I should have typed...........if she wants her family to be safe at a mall.....she should go to a mall that allows concealed carry.....

well, I certainly wouldn't advertise my home or business as a gun free zone that is for sure.

So called "assault weapons" account for a very small fraction of all murders committed with a gun

So yeah let's focus on the less that 1% because it's an emotionally charged issue. That's always the best thing to do
Yes, let's do, because families having dinner at a restaurant or doing their shopping really shouldn't need to worry about getting mowed down with a semi-automatic rifle. Damned straight, it's an emotionally charged issue. Explain why it shouldn't be, please.

Then you should get rid of gun free zones......those, more than anything else is driving these attacks....
I support arming a responsible adult in elementary schools (not necessarily wearing it on their hip, but having it readily accessible if needed). Here they already can and some do.

That's untrue as well 2A, gun free zones no more cause violence than guns themselves do. They are merely a tool used by the violent to determine WHERE they will commit their acts of violence.

Actually, you are correct........they do draw these attackers is what I should have typed...........if she wants her family to be safe at a mall.....she should go to a mall that allows concealed carry.....

well, I certainly wouldn't advertise my home or business as a gun free zone that is for sure.
How does one know where they can carry in any given place? I don't recall seeing any "No firearms allowed" signs on businesses anywhere except the DHHS building. It's right next to the No Perfume sign.

So called "assault weapons" account for a very small fraction of all murders committed with a gun

I support arming a responsible adult in elementary schools (not necessarily wearing it on their hip, but having it readily accessible if needed). Here they already can and some do.

But not if it's a semi-automatic. Right?

How does one know where they can carry in any given place? I don't recall seeing any "No firearms allowed" signs on businesses anywhere except the DHHS building. It's right next to the No Perfume sign.

Well, I don't know the law where you live, but where I live concealed carry is much like hunting on private property, unless posted the assumption is that the owner is okay with it. Meaning unless a sign is up, you can assume that it is okay to carry a gun into a business or to hunt on a piece of property.

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
Do you have a linked source to say "Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets"? Something contrary to this?:

Growing number of police chiefs, sheriffs join call to arms | Fox News
It's Florida Sheriff Grady Judd's duty to protect the citizens of Polk County -- but he figures it's their job, too.

One of a growing number of rural and big-city law enforcement officials who openly encourages responsible gun ownership, Judd believes guns allow citizens to defend themselves when police cannot.

“If you are foolish enough to break into someone’s home, you can expect to be shot in Polk County,” Judd said in a statement after a homeowner shot a would-be home invader earlier this month. “It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone."

Such full-throated embrace of the Second Amendment as a crime-fighting tool isn't confined to red states like Florida.

“I want as many law-abiding citizens to arm themselves in this county as we can get." --- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke

One California police chief is backing teachers in his district packing heat. Detroit Police Chief James Craig has been a leader in urging his community to arm itself. A Maryland sheriff is working with the state’s general assembly to try to make it easier for citizens to obtain handgun permits.

In the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s most recent ranking of states with the strongest gun laws, California (1), Maryland (4) and Michigan (15) ranked near the top of the pack.

Some gun rights advocates say terror attacks at home and abroad have contributed to a change in attitudes about gun ownership among community members and authorities, even in locales historically hostile towards the Second Amendment.

“That has helped play into it, and there’s no doubt the active shooter scenario has, too,” said Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation. “You’re seeing people say, ‘How do you respond?’”

The answer varies based on where you live, and how your law enforcement leaders are selected.

Police chiefs are typically appointed by mayors, and their politics tend to line up with whoever chose them. Sheriffs, in contrast, are voted into office and in some cases espouse values of a constituency that is growing ever-more pro-gun.

“Historically, sheriffs have been very pro-gun rights,” Gottlieb told FoxNews.com. “But they’ve stepped out of the box and they’re now publicly making it known that firearms are good for self-defense.”

In Oklahoma, Garvin County Sheriff Larry Rhodes and Creek County Sheriff John Davis have each recently reduced costs associated with getting a gun license. Davis is also keeping administrative offices open longer on weekends to allow more people to apply.

“As a result of the ever-increasing violence being committed upon the American citizen and the current state of our country, I encourage each citizen of Creek County who is legally able to fully utilize their Second Amendment right ‘to keep and bear arms,’ as legally prescribed by the Oklahoma Defense Act,” Davis said in a statement.

Rhodes said his plan made simple fiscal sense.

Now we must NOT ONLY have right wing nitwits fully armed, we also must have sharshooters' training for all these morons. LOL
Translation: Let's rewrite the Constitution to allow complete Federal control of how we think, live and what we believe.

joseph-stalin-quote-wwii-stalin-pinterest-quotes-5xjlUV-quote.jpg

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
Do you have a linked source to say "Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets"? Something contrary to this?:

Growing number of police chiefs, sheriffs join call to arms | Fox News
It's Florida Sheriff Grady Judd's duty to protect the citizens of Polk County -- but he figures it's their job, too.

One of a growing number of rural and big-city law enforcement officials who openly encourages responsible gun ownership, Judd believes guns allow citizens to defend themselves when police cannot.

“If you are foolish enough to break into someone’s home, you can expect to be shot in Polk County,” Judd said in a statement after a homeowner shot a would-be home invader earlier this month. “It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone."

Such full-throated embrace of the Second Amendment as a crime-fighting tool isn't confined to red states like Florida.

“I want as many law-abiding citizens to arm themselves in this county as we can get." --- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke

One California police chief is backing teachers in his district packing heat. Detroit Police Chief James Craig has been a leader in urging his community to arm itself. A Maryland sheriff is working with the state’s general assembly to try to make it easier for citizens to obtain handgun permits.

In the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s most recent ranking of states with the strongest gun laws, California (1), Maryland (4) and Michigan (15) ranked near the top of the pack.

Some gun rights advocates say terror attacks at home and abroad have contributed to a change in attitudes about gun ownership among community members and authorities, even in locales historically hostile towards the Second Amendment.

“That has helped play into it, and there’s no doubt the active shooter scenario has, too,” said Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation. “You’re seeing people say, ‘How do you respond?’”

The answer varies based on where you live, and how your law enforcement leaders are selected.

Police chiefs are typically appointed by mayors, and their politics tend to line up with whoever chose them. Sheriffs, in contrast, are voted into office and in some cases espouse values of a constituency that is growing ever-more pro-gun.

“Historically, sheriffs have been very pro-gun rights,” Gottlieb told FoxNews.com. “But they’ve stepped out of the box and they’re now publicly making it known that firearms are good for self-defense.”

In Oklahoma, Garvin County Sheriff Larry Rhodes and Creek County Sheriff John Davis have each recently reduced costs associated with getting a gun license. Davis is also keeping administrative offices open longer on weekends to allow more people to apply.

“As a result of the ever-increasing violence being committed upon the American citizen and the current state of our country, I encourage each citizen of Creek County who is legally able to fully utilize their Second Amendment right ‘to keep and bear arms,’ as legally prescribed by the Oklahoma Defense Act,” Davis said in a statement.

Rhodes said his plan made simple fiscal sense.

Progressives are too facts as oil is too water.

But not if it's a semi-automatic. Right?
Right!

That's a worthless idea.

They have?

Do you have some proof of this "begging"?

BTW people even criminals do not walk the streets with "assault" rifles. Handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals as they are more easily concealable

Assault weapons are the weapon of choice for mass shootings.

An AR 15 or any other semiautomatic for that matter is not an "assault" weapon

And mass shootings represent 1% or less of all murders so let's concentrate on that and disregard the other 99%

that's always a good strategy

I understand. Let's not be concerned about those children gunned down in Newtown, the moviegoers gunned down in Aurora, the church goers gunned down in Charleston, the gays gunned down in Orlando, or five cops gunned down in Dallas.

It's like the NRA and gun supporters have brought Hillary's oft- misquoted "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?" to a whole new level.

You guys made Newton a gun free zone....you guys made the Aurora theater a gun free zone....you guys made that church a gun free zone...

In each one of those cases....the ones you just mentioned...the shooters, from their notes....picked them out because they were gun free zones.......they decided not to attack other targets that they discovered were not gun free, then picked gun free zones.....

You are the problem..not the NRA...

You know what also sucks? Downtown Dallas was gun-free.

Oh wait, there were dozens of open-carry cowards running from the gunman, and even armed, trained police had no chance at firing back successfully.

I'm not going to get distracted arguing with you over the definition of "assault weapon." You call it a machine gun. The poster, I believe, was referring to the more popular meaning of semiautomatic rifle, of military type modified for civilian use. You were the one who said it was an AK-74. Are they still saying that?
It was a SKS which shoots a 7.62X39mm round. Obviously superior to the 5.56mm round.

This is what it looks like, but Johnson's was legally modified to look like the bottom picture.
yugo-sks-762x39-rifle-21.png

micah-Johnson-SKS-Dallas-shooting.jpg

Even so, handguns account for the vast amount of firearm murders.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Six times as many people were killed with knives/cutting instruments than rifles yet know anti-gun Lefties want to ban or register knives.

Proof?
Can you cote a single law enforcement organization that "begged" for the banning and confiscation of 'assault weapons'?
My bet: No

There's no sense, common or otherwise, in banning the class of firearm least often used in crime.

Define readily accessible if it is not on your person?

Unloaded in a locked closet in a different room?

Forum List

Back