Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

There is no profile..that would not see massive amounts of people labeled threats or at risk by an army of insane government social workers..with some pretend degree in some pretend science

We have a winner:clap2:

Let's also not forget that in our day Foxfyre, the crazies were in state run looney bins!!!!! Locked up behind bars!!!

Thank goodness for small government; we got rid of those institutions just in time.

Just in time for what? Boldness among the crazies to take up arms and massacre the masses? Ummmm...ok.

Re-open the state hospitals and toss the crazies in there. Either that or colonize the moon and send them up there to live and work...away from the decent people of the world. I'm tired of the evil ones taking out the good. I mean...damn...that's just downright twisted!

Just in time to save the citizens of the state the $0.25 per year it costs them to have state hospitals in may cases.

On another note, I'm not sure that penal colonies in theory are that bad of an idea. In practice, they were horrible.

Nope, I don't think so. Not only would that be an expense that would take precious resources out of the school budget, but the gunman would target that guard immediately. But he couldn't take out a dozen armed and trained teachers before one could nail him.

Should we arm all of the stewardesses on an airplane? The actors on a stage at a play? The guy who runs the roller rink where kids get together? The clown that performs at a children's party?

Just want to see how fucked up your thinking is on this matter.

The answer, according to you is to quell violence by introducing more violence or the threat of such.

It's society that's fucked up! And to deny the good guys weapons to protect themselves while the gunmans run rampant is what doesn't make sense. At least give the teachers and the administration a way to protect the kids instead of just letting them be sitting ducks.

More guns equals more gun violence. Again, look at other advanced societies that have the same access to violence that we have in the forms of books, movies, video games, television, etc... Why are they not as violent? It's our 2nd amendment. It's as simple as that.

As for "give them something", something along the lines of flashbangs would be just as effective in disabling an intruder, eliminate the need for pinpoint accuracy because you're not firing a weapon at the intruder, and require much less training and have much less lasting effect of trauma since there is a less chance of a bloody engagement. It's also unlikely that an intruder will have the proper visual dampers on as a countermeasure.

So you are the oritor of what's common sense in other countries? I suppose we should adopt Chinas population control ideas as well?

Since we aren't dealing with China's population problem, no.

(I think the word you were looking for here is "Arbitor", btw).

Fact is, we've tried your solution- Lock up everyone you can (more people than China does) and arm everyone else. Do you feel any safer knowing the Kindergarten teacher's guns were used to slaughter her entire class by her whackjob son who probably should have been in an hosptial we don't fund because we don't have universal health care?
How many do you want to lock up in a mental ward ?

How about the ones who are truly dangerous, to start with? If you want to go into a whole speil about mental illness and how we don't treat it properly in this country, we can.

But this is a discussion abuot guns. And how crazy People + Guns = disaster.

That's what I thought she wasn't armed
Joe is a lying cock sucker.

She was a gun owner... She apparently felt SO insecure, she owned FOUR guns.

And apparently her son, with a lifetime of mental illness, took one of those guns, shot her, and then went to the school where she worked and shot her students.

Yup. More guns. definitely the answer.

You said that she was armed
you also said her son had access to those firearms.
Neither are true.
1. being a gun owner doesn't mean you are armed
2. having a gun in the house doesn't mean someone has access to those firearms.

Guy, you can try to spin this all day, but the typical Gun-Nut argument that all we need is more guns in our schools and shopping malls got blown away here.

Obviously, this woman had four guns. yet she could not stop her murderous son from killing her and she actually made it EASIER for him to kill a lot of other people. Because she allowed for the few sensible laws we did have (don't sell guns to folks under 21 in CT, don't let crazy people buy guns) to be circumvented by having them herself.

But let's go into crazy land and say, Gee, what if (if BigReb had a brain, he wouldn't be a gun nut.)

What if one of the other teachers had been armed.

Okay.

Murderer- Armed, cocked and locked. Been planning this for a while. Is a murderous crazy person who has no compunction about killing kids.

Teacher- Not planning on dealing with anything more serious today than little Billy throwing a tantrum. Probably hesitant to shoot another human being, as most sane people (even cops and soldiers) are.

You tell me who is going to get bullets downrange first.

[

Thanks for the grammar correction. Having said that I think our discussion is done. You came into this thread misrepresenting the facts to suit your point of view. If that is the level you're going to start off with then there really is no point.

One bullet could have saved dozens. That point can't be argued. End of discussion

I find it amusing the EX CONVICT is telling me the problem is that we just don't have enough guns out there.

We have more guns than any country in the world. And we are the only country in the world that has several of these incidents a year, with NO ONE actually ever stopping the shooting.

Time to get tough in a tough world.

Armed security at every school, and, yes, that means taxes.

Tougher screening of those who can own and bear arms. The 2nd, while clothed in power, is not absolute.

Joe B in one post you said mass shooting are as common now as they have always been
I say you are a liar
Notice the rise in mass shootings and what legislation became law during that rise?
Time-frame-murders-001.jpg

Funny, looking at this graph, I would say it went down after the Brady bill and Assault Weapons ban were passed, and sprung back up again after Bush let the latter expire.

But I suspect these "spikes" (Not really) have more to do with economic conditions than legislation Of course, in bad times, you are going to have more people flipping out.

And what point was that ?
It would cost more money on a already taxed educational system. When you trained a few educated teachers in the use of firearm it would cut the cost of hiring new people.
Not about the money anymore, and it shouldn't be..... It should be about getting a better system in place quickly for these vulnerable areas that we have, especially at these schools.. Then we can work on the bad culture problem in America.. We have to many kids living in single parent households anymore, and why is that ? We have to high an unemployment rate among the young adults in this nation anymore, and why is that ? We have to many kids on drugs anymore, and why is that ? We have way to much rebellion anymore, and why is that ? We have no future outlook anymore, and why is that ? Add to this if you like..

With Republicans, it's always about the money.

True story!

Shut up you moron. One responsible gun owner could have prevented most, if not all, of these deaths.

Puke. You don't protect children by making sure nobody can defend them, but then I doubt you're highly motivated to protect children anyway.

Why do you equate somebody plunking down $500 for a gun with bravery?

If it was my family, and I was there, and I was armed.... I'd fucking wade in there and kill whoever was shooting at my kids. I wouldn't cower on the sidewalk, waiting for the cops to arrive.

If it was my family, I would be eternally grateful to whatever person in the school took out the shooter before he had killed 26 people. An entire class. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. .... and nobody could do a fucking thing.
You talk a lot of shit.

If it was my family, and I was there, and I was armed.... I'd fucking wade in there and kill whoever was shooting at my kids. I wouldn't cower on the sidewalk, waiting for the cops to arrive.

If it was my family, I would be eternally grateful to whatever person in the school took out the shooter before he had killed 26 people. An entire class. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. .... and nobody could do a fucking thing.
You talk a lot of shit.

She talks like a parent.

You talk a lot of shit.

She talks like a parent.
No, she talks like Rambo.

As a parent, armed with a gun, I would have TRIED to take him down. But with kids all around, who knows if I would have hesitated. But the reality is...look at the adults dead in that school. I would GUARANTEE you, every one of them died trying to protect kids or trying to take him down.

About personal arms: the vets and police on the board would have a pretty good idea of what to do and would stand a chance of putting down a person like this. The chance also depends on the shooter's armor and type of firepower.

Most other civilians would end up being killed, or killing the wrong person, or shoot themselves in the foot.

Actually its not my choice. Its the law and I entend to follow it.
Ex-felon?

Sadly yes.

I figured everyone on here knew by now.
I don't know if I am in favor of you being able to own a firearm, but I am definitely in favor of you having your voting rights restored, even though you will vote for wingnuts.

Yet it's the Republican Party who wants to continue to deny you that right.

Ironic, isn't it?

Ex-felon?

Sadly yes.

I figured everyone on here knew by now.
I don't know if I am in favor of you being able to own a firearm, but I am definitely in favor of you having your voting rights restored, even though you will vote for wingnuts.

Yet it's the Republican Party who wants to continue to deny you that right.

Ironic, isn't it?

While target shooting and hunting for turkey and quail would be fun I can live with the situation I put myself in. As to voting, I got that right returned after I completed my parole.

Forum List

Back