Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Joe B in one post you said mass shooting are as common now as they have always been
I say you are a liar
Notice the rise in mass shootings and what legislation became law during that rise?
Time-frame-murders-001.jpg

Funny, looking at this graph, I would say it went down after the Brady bill and Assault Weapons ban were passed, and sprung back up again after Bush let the latter expire.

But I suspect these "spikes" (Not really) have more to do with economic conditions than legislation Of course, in bad times, you are going to have more people flipping out.

Funny, looking at this graph, I would say it went down after the Brady bill and Assault Weapons ban were passed, and sprung back up again after Bush let the latter expire.
What year did Clinton sign the assault weapons ban? and when was it repealed?
September 13, 1994-September 13, 2004 Anyone can look at the graph and know that you are a liar.

Sadly yes.

I figured everyone on here knew by now.
I don't know if I am in favor of you being able to own a firearm, but I am definitely in favor of you having your voting rights restored, even though you will vote for wingnuts.

Yet it's the Republican Party who wants to continue to deny you that right.

Ironic, isn't it?

While target shooting and hunting for turkey and quail would be fun I can live with the situation I put myself in. As to voting, I got that right returned after I completed my parole.
You're a lucky one. There are many states where you would be denied your voting rights.

I think you should dig a little and see who restored your rights in your state, a Democratic or Republican legislature. In Florida, it's Republicans who deny it.

They had the doors to the school locked. There was a closed circuit television to show who was at the door being buzzed to get in. Adam Lanza was not buzzed in. He smashed the door. Then he went to the administrative office and killed the principal and who ever else was there. Had there been some available weapons in the school, there was plenty of time to stop Lanza before he ever got to that classroom.

No matter how crazy the worst of the crazies are, they know better than to start their crap at a police station, gun range or gun store. They know to go to places where there is no one armed to stop them.

They had the doors to the school locked. There was a closed circuit television to show who was at the door being buzzed to get in. Adam Lanza was not buzzed in. He smashed the door. Then he went to the administrative office and killed the principal and who ever else was there. Had there been some available weapons in the school, there was plenty of time to stop Lanza before he ever got to that classroom.

No matter how crazy the worst of the crazies are, they know better than to start their crap at a police station, gun range or gun store. They know to go to places where there is no one armed to stop them.

Exactly

There was a theater shooting in Aurora Colorado not South Central Los Angeles. The gang bangers don't go anywhere in LA without being armed. No matter how crazy the insane are, they know enough to keep their insanity in areas least likely to be able to fight back.

You posted what I was about to. Here's a link:

Victims' bodies identified as Connecticut town seeks answers - U.S. News

The police say he was not given access to the school, he got through by shooting or smashing glass next to the front door. In all the schools I've been in, that glass is reinforced.

The only thing that would have stopped him was someone who could take him out at this point. So, are armed guards the answer? Armed front office personnel?

Last edited:

The police say he was not given access to the school, he got through by shooting or smashing glass next to the front door. In all the schools I've been in, that glass is reinforced.
Not many glass windows are being placed in new schools now. ant the glass in the doors have wire mash within the glass.

Its about time America toughened its gun laws. Its ten days til Xmas, and instead of sitting around, opening presents with their kids, these parents will be at a fucking funeral, burying their beloved children.

I am sick of this shit, this talk of 'If we ban guns, only criminals will have guns'. Well, maybe they can be trusted with a gun, because regular citizens sure can't!
The majority of mass shootings were committed by people who had no prior criminal record, so I conclude that guns in the hands of regular citizens are far more dangerous than they are in the hands of criminals.

Do something, seriously. How many more people have to die? How man more innocent families torn apart before you selfish fuckers get your act together and try to save lives?
I'll take this post as a quick gut recaction to something that would cause such a reaction as this (a punch right in the gut), but if we dealt with all of our issues in this way, we would have lost our nation, liberties and freedoms long ago.. This rational you have at this point is reactionary, and it is coming right off of your most fragil senses in regards to your love for all life, and how precious life really is. We all take for granite our love for each other as a nation, and we do a dis-service to ourselves and our nation when we ignore the truths of these matters. This is a post (imho) that is not one of sound mind and of sound thought, but is one of quick reaction (i.e. your not thinking it through at the moment), and so it is duly noted as such.. We will take the name calling as reactionary also, so everything is ok for you and is understood by us, because many will react in these ways, but our nation must stand for freedom, liberty and justice for all, and we must take back this nation from the idiots who have taken it over, and have caused these things in which we are seeing more and more of.

Not many glass windows are being placed in new schools now. ant the glass in the doors have wire mash within the glass.

Exactly what I meant about 'reinforced' with the mesh. I'm not sure what you mean about 'new schools' and absence of windows, not something I've seen except those horrible schools built in the '70's with open classrooms.'

There was a theater shooting in Aurora Colorado not South Central Los Angeles. The gang bangers don't go anywhere in LA without being armed. No matter how crazy the insane are, they know enough to keep their insanity in areas least likely to be able to fight back.
In a town down in South Carolina, some older teens being initiated into a gang there, had to go out and slash up some innocents with their knives, so they went into a middle school and slashed up some teachers there, and this I was told by a friend that lives in that town.. It's getting worse and worse or can it even get any worse after this school shooting ? Of course it's to politcally correct or the ACLU will come a running if anyone tries to get swift and righteous justice against these idiots whom do these sorts of things. When I say swift and righteous justice, I mean proper justice in a court of law, and justice that matches these crimes not some slap on the wrist. I wonder how the wild west was ever tamed, because no one these days has the stomach for taming anything anymore it seems. This is what happens when the people become fearful of the law, and then the law can't or won't do it's job as seen in so many of the cases that have been brought to justice properly, leaving the people to pay the ultimate price in it all afterwards. The innocent people have become just fish in a barrel now..

Last edited:

Exactly what I meant about 'reinforced' with the mesh. I'm not sure what you mean about 'new schools' and absence of windows, not something I've seen except those horrible schools built in the '70's with open classrooms.'
Those horrible schools in the seventies with those open class rooms weren't so bad after all now were they ? At least they didn't have killings going on at them, and everything was more peaceful back then, so what happened ? We have some of the most modern day schools and systems now, but the soul is not right in America, so it matters not how modern we look anymore or how secure we try and make ourselves, because if the soul of America is not right, then we are finised as a nation. Germany with all it's might and technology in which went way beyond their time back then, had a serious soul problem, and so they parished as a nation under the rubble of war.

You know it is interesting to me that in a place that the news has touted, and testimony has been given about it, where as it was this quaint little wholesome innocent town where everybody knew one another, and everything was peaceful and just a little payton place, yet this school was locked down like a prison by the way it is being talked about on here (locked doors, buzzed in, video surveilence, balistics glass and etc.) ?

Was this town as wholesome and peaceful as people think it was, and did they have alot of trouble here in the past maybe, that was not reported on in the nationwide news? I mean what caused them to take the measures that they had taken in security up to that point ? Was the towns soul going bad all around them, and so they had tried to seperate themselves from the bad, by installing every security measure that they could find in that town ?

Last edited:
Name calling, beagle9? No, tough times, son, so the words have to be right. I belong to NRA. I own weapons. I carry conceal. Yet some of us in the NRA are nuts. Many of those put the rest of us at risk. The sensible ones won't tolerate nonsense and will put the nuts down if necessary.This country belongs to We the People, not you individually. You will work with the rest of us, and not Rambo around. We won't tolerate nuts anymore than the school shooters. Your 2nd rights are not absolute. There is a way to do this without going Wild West.

Its about time America toughened its gun laws. Its ten days til Xmas, and instead of sitting around, opening presents with their kids, these parents will be at a fucking funeral, burying their beloved children.

I am sick of this shit, this talk of 'If we ban guns, only criminals will have guns'. Well, maybe they can be trusted with a gun, because regular citizens sure can't!
The majority of mass shootings were committed by people who had no prior criminal record, so I conclude that guns in the hands of regular citizens are far more dangerous than they are in the hands of criminals.

Do something, seriously. How many more people have to die? How man more innocent families torn apart before you selfish fuckers get your act together and try to save lives?
I'll take this post as a quick gut recaction to something that would cause such a reaction as this (a punch right in the gut), but if we dealt with all of our issues in this way, we would have lost our nation, liberties and freedoms long ago.. This rational you have at this point is reactionary, and it is coming right off of your most fragil senses in regards to your love for all life, and how precious life really is. We all take for granite our love for each other as a nation, and we do a dis-service to ourselves and our nation when we ignore the truths of these matters. This is a post (imho) that is not one of sound mind and of sound thought, but is one of quick reaction (i.e. your not thinking it through at the moment), and so it is duly noted as such.. We will take the name calling as reactionary also, so everything is ok for you and is understood by us, because many will react in these ways, but our nation must stand for freedom, liberty and justice for all, and we must take back this nation from the idiots who have taken it over, and have caused these things in which we are seeing more and more of.

Last edited:

It's a laminate coating on the glass itself. Very easy and not too expensive.

Name calling, beagle9? No, tough times, son, so the words have to be right. I belong to NRA. I own weapons. I carry conceal. Yet some of us in the NRA are nuts. Many of those put the rest of us at risk. The sensible ones won't tolerate nonsense and will put the nuts down if necessary.This country belongs to We the People, not you individually. You will work with the rest of us, and not Rambo around. We won't tolerate nuts anymore than the school shooters. Your 2nd rights are not absolute. There is a way to do this without going Wild West.

Jake Jake Jake, how about when you finally become true to us about who you really are, then you comment, until then you will get no more response from me if you do comment, and I promise you this..:banned03:

Get over it, beagle9. I don't have to justify myself at all. Your way is not going to happen. The sane portion of America is going forward into the 21st century. If you don't want to, your business, but I suggest you stop reading me, because I always will tell you right so you won't get left.

And yet Israeli citizens are well armed as are the Swiss, and nobody is showing up at their schools to gun down children. In our previous generations probably most Americans owned firearms and older school children had them in their vehicles at school because they went hunting early that morning or planned to do so after school. But nobody worried about anybody going berserk with a weapon at school. It isn't a poblem with guns. It is a problem with the culture.

281392_335617773212486_318286464_n.jpg

Last edited:
And yet Israeli citizens are well armed as are the Swiss, and nobody is showing up at their schools to gun down children. In our previous generations probably most Americans owned firearms and older school children had them in their vehicles at school because they went hunting early that morning or planned to do so after school. But nobody worried about anybody going berserk with a weapon at school. It isn't a poblem with guns. It is a problem with the culture.

281392_335617773212486_318286464_n.jpg

Kerchiinngg!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

I made this same suggestion in another thread. As much as I am normally against raising taxes, I for one would have no problem with a small increase in mine to pay for setting up a first-response team in each school, sending the teachers in that team to any and all necessary weapons classes, and providing for them to qualify on a regular basis with their weapon.

These are TEACHERS, for God's sake. The left is constantly telling us what everyday saints, on a par with Mother Theresa, they are, and I will be perfectly happy to stipulate that the vast majority of them are good, decent people who genuinely care for their students and want to protect them. God knows, we're already trusting them with the safety and well-being of the most precious beings on Earth, our beloved children. So is it too much of a stretch to trust them to protect the safety and well-being of those children with a gun in hand?

Personally, I admire teachers who die to shield their students, but I prefer a solution that ends with the gunman dead on the classroom floor, rather than the teacher.

Forum List

Back