Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Its about time America toughened its gun laws. Its ten days til Xmas, and instead of sitting around, opening presents with their kids, these parents will be at a fucking funeral, burying their beloved children.

I am sick of this shit, this talk of 'If we ban guns, only criminals will have guns'. Well, maybe they can be trusted with a gun, because regular citizens sure can't!
The majority of mass shootings were committed by people who had no prior criminal record, so I conclude that guns in the hands of regular citizens are far more dangerous than they are in the hands of criminals.

Do something, seriously. How many more people have to die? How man more innocent families torn apart before you selfish fuckers get your act together and try to save lives?

That is total nonsense. I almost EVERY case of mentally unbalanced shooters as today and the Batman guy in Aurora and the kid in Oregon.. there were obvious signs of trouble with people that had an idea something was wrong and did nothing to intervene. The guy in Colorado had been seeing a phychiatrist who just blew him off without warning the police. The Oregon kid's mother was on TV and she acted like she had no idea.. but she hadn't even talked to her son in 4 years ..meaning he left home at 16. Obviously there was trouble at home. Then his "friends" knew he was gettiong rid of all of his possessions to go to Hawaii?? They all thought his Hawaii story was bullshit but nobody said anything. If someone is clearly losing control of their ability to make rational judgements and those near him or her just blow it off then they are partially responsible for bad outcomes.

There is something that has crept into the American culture that allows..even promotes not taking responsibility for ANYTHING. When I was a kid speed limits on roads and highways meant something. Now EVERYONE drives at least ten miles over ..and it is EXPECTED. We cry like little bitches when something shocking happens but take no responsibility as we live our lives to intervene when someone is in trouble. Then it's all about how NOBODY saw it coming...ya right.

Then make it a law that people have to report stuff like this. Counselors shouldn't be blowing off their patients, for one thing. Make it a law so that people have to report things like this.
I dunno - just do something. Anything has to be better than turning on the TV to hear about yet another shooting, right?

Noomi, you're an idiot. Just shut up. Your putrid vapidity makes me sick to my stomach, and I don't think I'm the only one.

I am not blinded by my love of guns. I live in a country where gun laws are very tough, so I think I have a different opinion to most on this board, and you are not even answering my questions - probably because you can't.

Its about time America toughened its gun laws. Its ten days til Xmas, and instead of sitting around, opening presents with their kids, these parents will be at a fucking funeral, burying their beloved children.

I am sick of this shit, this talk of 'If we ban guns, only criminals will have guns'. Well, maybe they can be trusted with a gun, because regular citizens sure can't!
The majority of mass shootings were committed by people who had no prior criminal record, so I conclude that guns in the hands of regular citizens are far more dangerous than they are in the hands of criminals.

Do something, seriously. How many more people have to die? How man more innocent families torn apart before you selfish fuckers get your act together and try to save lives?

That is total nonsense. I almost EVERY case of mentally unbalanced shooters as today and the Batman guy in Aurora and the kid in Oregon.. there were obvious signs of trouble with people that had an idea something was wrong and did nothing to intervene. The guy in Colorado had been seeing a phychiatrist who just blew him off without warning the police. The Oregon kid's mother was on TV and she acted like she had no idea.. but she hadn't even talked to her son in 4 years ..meaning he left home at 16. Obviously there was trouble at home. Then his "friends" knew he was gettiong rid of all of his possessions to go to Hawaii?? They all thought his Hawaii story was bullshit but nobody said anything. If someone is clearly losing control of their ability to make rational judgements and those near him or her just blow it off then they are partially responsible for bad outcomes.

There is something that has crept into the American culture that allows..even promotes not taking responsibility for ANYTHING. When I was a kid speed limits on roads and highways meant something. Now EVERYONE drives at least ten miles over ..and it is EXPECTED. We cry like little bitches when something shocking happens but take no responsibility as we live our lives to intervene when someone is in trouble. Then it's all about how NOBODY saw it coming...ya right.

Then make it a law that people have to report stuff like this. Counselors shouldn't be blowing off their patients, for one thing. Make it a law so that people have to report things like this.
I dunno - just do something. Anything has to be better than turning on the TV to hear about yet another shooting, right?

Right.

Reading a book might be a nice alternative.

oh my god.

People DO report it. In this country, you cannot be locked up just for being mentally ill. You have to show that you are, without a doubt, a danger to yourself and to others.

People saying "I just think he's going to lose it some day" is not enough to get people locked up. Liberals changed all those laws long ago. It's EXTREMELY hard to get people locked up before they hurt someone.

As in, pretty much impossible.

Noomi, you're an idiot. Just shut up. Your putrid vapidity makes me sick to my stomach, and I don't think I'm the only one.

I am not blinded by my love of guns. I live in a country where gun laws are very tough, so I think I have a different opinion to most on this board, and you are not even answering my questions - probably because you can't.

No, you're blinded by your stupidity, your arrogance, the teachings of your death cultist heroes, and above all by your unbelievable ignorance.

I don't think I've run into a person who is so consistently ignorant on every single topic since skydancer. And even she seemed to have some common sense when it came to dogs.

oh my god.

People DO report it. In this country, you cannot be locked up just for being mentally ill. You have to show that you are, without a doubt, a danger to yourself and to others.

People saying "I just think he's going to lose it some day" is not enough to get people locked up. Liberals changed all those laws long ago. It's EXTREMELY hard to get people locked up before they hurt someone.

Its the same over here, and like the US, our laws regarding this need to change as well.
I am not saying to lock people up if they are mentally ill - if they request to be locked up, then do it, but if not, prevent them from buying a gun.
If they try to buy one, do a background check, if they have a mental illness then shouldn't this be noted somewhere?

oh my god.

Politicizing this is irresponsible.

No, you're blinded by your stupidity, your arrogance, the teachings of your death cultist heroes, and above all by your unbelievable ignorance.

I don't think I've run into a person who is so consistently ignorant on every single topic since skydancer. And even she seemed to have some common sense when it came to dogs.

You don't know everything, even though you think you do.

oh my god.

People that commit any assortment of crimes of a sexual nature have to notify authorities of their whereabouts . I see no problem in having someone that is suspected of being a danger because of mental issues at the very least approached and "field tested" as a way of intervening. I don't think we need to arrest everyone that is a little "odd". I do think in light of the danger of doing nothing an interview of someone suspected of being a danger to themselves or others may be a good idea. The obvious danger would be that some of these people might go off on the interviewer. These people should be highly trained to immediately recognize a dangerous personality and work in pairs to make the interview as safe for the investigator as possible. Police probably wouldn't be very good at it because their training isn't as strong in this area as someone who specialized would be. Cops are just too intimidating anyway. Someone less threatening would probably do a better job at ferreting out the truly at risk individuals. If a dangerous person was identified then a court order could be phoned in and the person taken to a facility for a more thorough evaluation could be facilitated.

oh my god.

People that commit any assortment of crimes of a sexual nature have to notify authorities of their whereabouts . I see no problem in having someone that is suspected of being a danger because of mental issues at the very least approached and "field tested" as a way of intervening. I don't think we need to arrest everyone that is a little "odd". I do think in light of the danger of doing nothing an interview of someone suspected of being a danger to themselves or others may be a good idea. The obvious danger would be that some of these people might go off on the interviewer. These people should be highly trained to immediately recognize a dangerous personality and work in pairs to make the interview as safe for the investigator as possible. Police probably wouldn't be very good at it because their training isn't as strong in this area as someone who specialized would be. Cops are just too intimidating anyway. Someone less threatening would probably do a better job at ferreting out the truly at risk individuals. If a dangerous person was identified then a court order could be phoned in and the person taken to a facility for a more thorough evaluation could be facilitated.

thats completely mental..totally unrealistic

There is no profile..that would not see massive amounts of people labeled threats or at risk by an army of insane government social workers..with some pretend degree in some pretend science

I don't think this 20 year old had committed any sexual crimes. And you can't throw people in the loony bin just because someone thinks they might be dangerous in the future. That's what we used to do, which led to men having their wives tossed in at the drop of a hat, and children dumped when they were in the way...

These teachers were the real heroes - protecting their students by locking them in a closet while the gunman stood outside.

School shooting hero: Music teacher who saved 15 children by hiding them in closet | News.com.au

If they had a gun, they would have been putting the lives of their students at risk if they attempted to fire it. As a result of their actions, these students are alive today.

Good grief.

Thank GOD nobody had a GUN or there might really have been some carnage!

Nitwit.

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

I have decided the OP is absolutely correct and teachers should be armed to the fucking teeth.
However, you'll have to arm the 5 year old kids as well in case one of the bastard teachers goes totally ape shit and starts popping caps into the kids.

:clap2:

I don't think this 20 year old had committed any sexual crimes. And you can't throw people in the loony bin just because someone thinks they might be dangerous in the future. That's what we used to do, which led to men having their wives tossed in at the drop of a hat, and children dumped when they were in the way...

I didn't say anything of the kind. You are missrepresenting everything I suggested. The sexual offender tracking was just an example. I am trying to give you some credit for intelligence and you trip all over yourself seemingly on purpose to not get a thing I said. I never suggested putting anyone away for twenty years. What I am getting at is not some kind of incarceration. It is a method of seeking out people at risk as gently as possible and doing a hell of a lot of sorting out of all suspected mentally ill folks , people that are not a problem from the handfull of those that are a genuine risk. A skillfull interviewer should be able to figure out rather quickly and painlessly those that should never have a gun in their possession or until they can demonstrate they are no longer a threat to themselves or others. A database could be assembled to be checked during the waiting period. The family could be notified that the individual poses a risk if in possession of a firearm. I see no problem in just doing a better job trying to figure out who would be a likely threat in possession of firearms. No one would be incarcerated simply on the word of another or even from an interview. This isn't some kinda witch hunt where anyone can just accuse someone of being unstable and based on that they would be prohibited from owning firearms. What it would do is require at least a brief interview to assess if the accused individual is a risk. We have simply got to develope a method to keep firearms out of the hands of the emotionally disturbed and mentally ill.

Last edited:
[

Do you comprehend this?
No one allowed him access to the guns he took them

If she couldn't keep them out of his hands, he had access.

My dad had a lot of guns. He kept them under lock and key. He kept the ammo in a place we couldn't find it. And I would imagine if one of us turned out to be crazier than a Fox News Commentator, he'd have taken more measures than that.

And in my household growing up, a 12 guage shotgun was displayed over the mantle and every member of the household knew where the ammo was and how to load it and how to aim and fire it. But the younger kids knew we were not to touch it without permission and we didn't. Almost all of the older boys and a lot of the girls owned their own shotgun or hunting rifle. And in all my growing up years, nobody ever shot anybody in our town--there were a couple of hunting accidents of minor consequence--and nobody was murdered. During hunting season, the boys usually had guns in the the racks in their trucks ready to go hunting as soon as school let out.

The 20-year-old son was hardly a kid though. He could have already served two years in the military where everybody carried guns.

Different times. Different culture. In today's culture there is far more evil, violence, and insane behavior. Yes keep the guns out of the hands of kids now. But lets give the teachers the means to protect them from the crazies.

We grew up that way as well. But my sister pulled a loaded gun on me & pulled the trigger when I was about 7 years old. Lesson to all, lock your guns up except the one you have on you when kids or unstable people are around including family. I have several guns & they are ALWAYS locked away & hidden unless I am carrying. It takes a lot of self restraint to be a responsible gun carrier / owner. Sadly there are many people around who have none. I do my part to keep my weapons out of their hands even if they are family or friends.

Forum List

Back