Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

@Koshergrl

Bringing a gun in a movie theater especially since it will be frequented by men, women, and children is irrational. With police and security personnel around and the high probability of overreacting and possibly wrongfully discharging a weapon in an enclosed area is foolish. If I brought a loaded gun to my college campus under the fear that something will happen I am negligent, because the law (and common sense) states that I cannot bring a loaded gun despite me having permits. Why?

1) I am not in any uniform

2) No citizen carrying a firearm because they think something is going to happen most likely will not carry their permit and even if they did, law enforcement cannot distinguish conspiracy to commit murder or just an irrational fear.

3) The high probability of discharging a weapon in an enclosed area with other people. If I am sitting down in a classroom and I am fidgety, and if my gun is not secured properly, it may discharge possibly injuring myself and others.

I do not understand how you don't understand this.....

Perhaps in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Florida this is fine but here in California, bringing weapons based on a potentially false premonition is neither lawful nor logical.

I'll go one further... My nephew told me that at his college town, they gave out plastic swords to the moviegoers who saw "the Hobbit" in what was probably a badly thought out promotion. Rest assured, there was very little movie watching and a lot of college guys doing sword fights. Now imagine some NRA Zimmerman Wannabe misinterpretting that stuff.

Zimmerman, you mean the guy that shot that punk gang banging moron to death for trying to beat Zimmerman to death first?

Figures you libtards would have a problem with that, bitch.

So, I'm just wondering...when the gun proponents have their way and every teacher is armed to the teeth, every school is locked down tighter than Alcatraz and they are no longer considered a soft target - what happens then?
What happens when the lunatics decide to go after new soft targets...bus stops, queues outside night clubs or football games, kids' sporting tournaments, family picnics, etc?

Is the answer still more unrestricted access to guns?
Should parks and sports fields and public places all be locked down with fences and walls and metal detectors and protected with armed personnel?

And shouldn't school buses be armour-plated with an armed guard on board as they take the kids from the fortified safety of the school to the walled enclave where they live.
It's too late to say "I wish we had..." after the first school bus attack.

Like I said, I'm just wondering...

When that happens, why don't we deal with it? Instead of giving up now that they're targeting children at schools, throwing up our hands and saying "Oh well, if they're going to kill them, they're going to kill them, there's no point to protecting them."

What complete idiocy.

So, how many attacks on the new soft targets will it take before it needs to be dealt with?

Haven't you already given up by rejecting any discussion on gun control and throwing up your hands and saying "oh well, since there are so many nasty people out there with guns all we can do it is get more guns and security to protect ourselves?"

What complete idiocy.

Look, idiot, no one is saying we need more gunns; we just need to allow people who already have guns to be able to keep them at school in order to defend children.

That your little commie soul cant quite grasp that is no reflection on anyone else but you.

When that happens, why don't we deal with it? Instead of giving up now that they're targeting children at schools, throwing up our hands and saying "Oh well, if they're going to kill them, they're going to kill them, there's no point to protecting them."

What complete idiocy.

So, how many attacks on the new soft targets will it take before it needs to be dealt with?

Haven't you already given up by rejecting any discussion on gun control and throwing up your hands and saying "oh well, since there are so many nasty people out there with guns all we can do it is get more guns and security to protect ourselves?"

What complete idiocy.

Look, idiot, no one is saying we need more gunns; we just need to allow people who already have guns to be able to keep them at school in order to defend children.

That your little commie soul cant quite grasp that is no reflection on anyone else but you.

Look idiot, no one is saying that you shouldn't defend children.
They're saying that a serious discussion needs to be held on why these shootings are happening and what should be done about it.

That your little right-wing loon brain can't understand the less than subtle difference is a complete reflection on you.

As an aside, what do you do if no-one at the school owns a gun or, if they do, they don't want to bring it with them?

RAMfnlclr-122412-children-I.jpg.cms

Yes, you are when you demand gun free schools, fucktard. You are disarming the people who can defend those children, moron.

They're saying that a serious discussion needs to be held on why these shootings are happening and what should be done about it.

When gun grabbing whores like you say you want a discussion, what you really mean is, 'We want to give RINOs and GOP gun grabbers the opportunity to agree to more gun restrictions and the eventual ban of all guns but with CYA by claiming it was the Comittee that did it.'

You do not know the meaning of real discussion with all possibilities on the table that dont violate the Constitution.

That your little right-wing loon brain can't understand the less than subtle difference is a complete reflection on you.

I do understand the difference between what you say and what you mean. I am slo not rightwing, doofus.

As an aside, what do you do if no-one at the school owns a gun or, if they do, they don't want to bring it with them?

Another example of libtard brain lock. I would suggest they ask for volunteers among the parents whose children attend the school.

Failing that then hire some damned guards.

Yes, you are when you demand gun free schools, fucktard. You are disarming the people who can defend those children, moron.

When gun grabbing whores like you say you want a discussion, what you really mean is, 'We want to give RINOs and GOP gun grabbers the opportunity to agree to more gun restrictions and the eventual ban of all guns but with CYA by claiming it was the Comittee that did it.'

You do not know the meaning of real discussion with all possibilities on the table that dont violate the Constitution.

I do understand the difference between what you say and what you mean. I am slo not rightwing, doofus.

Another example of libtard brain lock. I would suggest they ask for volunteers among the parents whose children attend the school.

You must be confusing me with someone else, I've never demanded gun-free schools, fucktard.

By not accepting that discussion needs to be held you gun-loons run the risk of not being involved when it inevitably happens.

I was replying to this statement by you which said nothing about parent volunteers but was clearly meaning staff bringing their own guns to school.
we just need to allow people who already have guns to be able to keep them at school in order to defend children.
Yet another example of right-wing loons shifting the ground every time reason is brought to the discussion.

This statement shows that you don't understand anything, doofus
I said that you don't understand the true discussion, not that you don't understand what I'm saying/meaning.

You present yourself as a right-wing loon by taking black and white stances, by refusing to accept national discussion on the mass shootings, by labelling anyone that disagrees with you or presents a different point of view as a Libtard or baby killer or whatever.
Wear your label with pride.

@Koshergrl

Bringing a gun in a movie theater especially since it will be frequented by men, women, and children is irrational. With police and security personnel around and the high probability of overreacting and possibly wrongfully discharging a weapon in an enclosed area is foolish. If I brought a loaded gun to my college campus under the fear that something will happen I am negligent, because the law (and common sense) states that I cannot bring a loaded gun despite me having permits. Why?

1) I am not in any uniform

2) No citizen carrying a firearm because they think something is going to happen most likely will not carry their permit and even if they did, law enforcement cannot distinguish conspiracy to commit murder or just an irrational fear.

3) The high probability of discharging a weapon in an enclosed area with other people. If I am sitting down in a classroom and I am fidgety, and if my gun is not secured properly, it may discharge possibly injuring myself and others.

I do not understand how you don't understand this.....

Perhaps in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Florida this is fine but here in California, bringing weapons based on a potentially false premonition is neither lawful nor logical.

I'll go one further... My nephew told me that at his college town, they gave out plastic swords to the moviegoers who saw "the Hobbit" in what was probably a badly thought out promotion. Rest assured, there was very little movie watching and a lot of college guys doing sword fights. Now imagine some NRA Zimmerman Wannabe misinterpretting that stuff.

You baby killers are sick fuckers.

I'm still waiting for your proof that arming teachers would work...

To those with horrible reading comprehension my views are as follows:

1) Beef up armed security at schools. Maintain police presence around campuses along with security personnel.

2) Keep guns out of teachers hands. Teachers need to worry about teaching not paranoia.

3) Since the shootings schools need to develop a plan in the event another tragedy like the Sandy Hook, Columbine, Virginia Tech shooting occurs.

4) Keep guns out of teachers hands.

5) Reinforce trust in police and security presence on school campuses.

Let security be handled by those who base their profession around such. As you can see I never once said to keep security away from schools I merely am saying do not let teachers have guns. Its an additional worry they bare amongst a host of other things.

1) Beef up armed security at schools. Maintain police presence around campuses along with security personnel.

2) Keep guns out of teachers hands. Teachers need to worry about teaching not paranoia.

3) Since the shootings schools need to develop a plan in the event another tragedy like the Sandy Hook, Columbine, Virginia Tech shooting occurs.

Let security be handled by those who base their profession around such. As you can see I never once said to keep security away from schools I merely am saying do not let teachers have guns. Its an additional worry they bare amongst a host of other things.

There's a broader societal discussion required as well isn't there?

There's a broader societal discussion required as well isn't there?

LOL of course

You must be confusing me with someone else, I've never demanded gun-free schools, fucktard.

Then why not allow teachers to be armed?

By not accepting that discussion needs to be held you gun-loons run the risk of not being involved when it inevitably happens.

Hey, I want everything you own! You disagree? Well then WHY DONT WE SIT DOWN AND HAVE A DISCUSSION ON IT THEN?

WE have the 2A that guarrantees our gun rights. Any discussion that infringes on that right is DOA and you can go have a discussion with any retard you wantthat just cant grasp that point. I bet Aristotle is available, lol.

I was replying to this statement by you which said nothing about parent volunteers but was clearly meaning staff bringing their own guns to school.
we just need to allow people who already have guns to be able to keep them at school in order to defend children.
Yet another example of right-wing loons shifting the ground every time reason is brought to the discussion.

My bet is that almost every school has teachers and parents that will voluntarily carry at school. And that I didnt list every possibility or suggestion that I have suggested before is called synecdoche; look it up sometime.

I said that you don't understand the true discussion, not that you don't understand what I'm saying/meaning.

I dont fucking care any more.

You present yourself as a right-wing loon by taking black and white stances, by refusing to accept national discussion on the mass shootings, by labelling anyone that disagrees with you or presents a different point of view as a Libtard or baby killer or whatever.

Constitutional rights ARE black and white in this matter, and you can wear your label with pride; gun-grabbing fascist whore.

You baby killers are sick fuckers.

I'm still waiting for your proof that arming teachers would work...

She has given it to you many times as have others, so go fuck yourself, fascist scumbag.

Then why not allow teachers to be armed?

Hey, I want everything you own! You disagree? Well then WHY DONT WE SIT DOWN AND HAVE A DISCUSSION ON IT THEN?

WE have the 2A that guarrantees our gun rights. Any discussion that infringes on that right is DOA and you can go have a discussion with any retard you wantthat just cant grasp that point. I bet Aristotle is available, lol.

My bet is that almost every school has teachers and parents that will voluntarily carry at school. And that I didnt list every possibility or suggestion that I have suggested before is called synecdoche; look it up sometime.

I dont fucking care any more.

Constitutional rights ARE black and white in this matter, and you can wear your label with pride; gun-grabbing fascist whore.
Who's saying they want to take away all your guns?

At least you hyphenated 'gun-grabbing', as it should be.

Forum List

Back