Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Walked into a store today while out and about, and a young hunter walked in to get some things before going hunting this morning. He had his son in the truck with him who was about 7 years old, and his grandmother was working in the store when she said to him " you carrying the (name?)grandson hunting today eh ?" The son replied to her ((yep)), and then she said to him "it is his first time isn't it, and he will really enjoy that ya know"? The son said ((yep)) as he purchased about 6 bug juices for the young lad to drink on his trip while they hunted.

This stuff was as normal in this area as going fishing, playing golf or watching football. I had absolutely no fear of these people, and I didn't even know them, but I knew their character. I could tell they were good kids and good people, and when I left the store, and traveled down the road through the countryside, where there were four wheel drives sitting beside the roads in many places, meanwhile the occupants were hunting for that next big buck. Now what is happening in the world of Big Brother Mayor Bloomburg and company, well God only knows...

Now a-days why we have all these idiots doing such horrific idiotic things like shooting people down like dogs, ummmm well is just simply beyond ones imagination or comprehension anymore, especially coming from a place like the one where I have come from & had grew up in. I just don't understand it really, but then again I do, because I ain't blind, deaf or dumb in life.

Something is bad wrong with our nations society at large in these areas, but people are living in denial big time as to what has created all of this bad to date.

Great post.

If you could remove Democrat controled cities from the stats regarding Americas murder rate and violent crime rate, we would have a lower crime rate than any European country.

So, how many attacks on the new soft targets will it take before it needs to be dealt with?

Haven't you already given up by rejecting any discussion on gun control and throwing up your hands and saying "oh well, since there are so many nasty people out there with guns all we can do it is get more guns and security to protect ourselves?"

What complete idiocy.

Look, idiot, no one is saying we need more gunns; we just need to allow people who already have guns to be able to keep them at school in order to defend children.

That your little commie soul cant quite grasp that is no reflection on anyone else but you.

When one doesn't see human life as valuable, one can't comprehend why it's important to protect children who are being targeted. Progressives see life as without value; so naturally it's not a question of how best to protect the children...it's a question of 'how can we use these deaths to further our agenda?" Death is always seen as an opportunity to progressives. You won't see them arguing to stop it.

Who the hell are you talking about?

Of course all of this should be optional for the school districts that want to do it or not.

I am arguing for the case of state and federal law getting ammended to allow schools to choose what they want to do and being able to take more decisive steps to protect their kids.

'Transported and in use' requirement does not allow one to keep AND BEAR arms, again, lets start with the 2A. Also, people should have the presumption of competence before we amend a right under 'reasonable' regulation. Having them get mentally screened forces them to prove they are mentally competent which allows for corruption and coercion, and it places an undo burden on a lot of people; think about this in comparison to voter ID laws if you need some help grasping my complaint.

Criminal prosecution only if malicious, so yes, any shooting should be investigated by due legal authorities if it involves the death or injury of another person, but if self defense or the defense of another person is established, they shold not be prosecuteed or subject to civil lawsuits.

Why bother? A picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case it would help the kids aim and urge to empty their bladders; win-win.

Thanks, but these volunteers should also carry walkies, cell phones with the front office on speed dial, etc, to be able to communicate in a timely fashion.

All this would have to be considered the immediate fix.

So now, the contentious part.

A longer term answer should be found as to why kids have to be locked up and guarded, in America, to protect them from other Americans.

We know why they're targeted. They're targeted because they are unguarded, and they're targeted because we teach children from the first grade that children, and indeed, humans, have no value.

I'm just curious where it says in the school curriculum that children and humans have no value?
Can you quote it for me please?
Why are there no protests against this outrageous topic?

The most outrageous thing in this topic is that we don't already have armed guards ready for the day schools re-open. Right behind that is that money is considered a reason to leave our kids unprotected.

Obama doesn't care about what goes on in our schools except that it a photo-op and a way to further his and his party's anti-gun rhetoric. His kids go to school in a building protected by 12 armed guards plus the secret service assigned to watch over his own kids. He tells us there isn't enough money to protect our children? Then let us protect them!

The most outrageous thing in this topic is that we don't already have armed guards ready for the day schools re-open. Right behind that is that money is considered a reason to leave our kids unprotected.

Obama doesn't care about what goes on in our schools except that it a photo-op and a way to further his and his party's anti-gun rhetoric. His kids go to school in a building protected by 12 armed guards plus the secret service assigned to watch over his own kids. He tells us there isn't enough money to protect our children? Then let us protect them!

When did he say that there isn't enough money to protect the children?

If a democrat says it, that is the same as Obama and company saying it...YOU KNOW THAT IS RIGHT DON'T CHA?

If a democrat says it, that is the same as Obama and company saying it...YOU KNOW THAT IS RIGHT DON'T CHA?

Ah, in that case Obama is an uncaring, baby killing bastard.

Don't you agree that it IS a matter of priorities though? The defense appropriations bill just signed into law contained billions of dollars of pork for this or that totally unrelated to national defense and ALL of it far less critical than protecting our school children.

So wouldn't you think somebody who put the children first would have mentioned that all those billions might have been spent differently? Maybe for school security?

But if not, then yes, let us protect our own kids.

Ah, in that case Obama is an uncaring, baby killing bastard.

Don't you agree that it IS a matter of priorities though? The defense appropriations bill just signed into law contained billions of dollars of pork for this or that totally unrelated to national defense and ALL of it far less critical than protecting our school children.

So wouldn't you think somebody who put the children first would have mentioned that all those billions might have been spent differently? Maybe for school security?

But if not, then yes, let us protect our own kids.
Yes you would have thought that he would have acknowledged a change in his priorities after such a situation, by making some changes to any appropriations bill, that to include next the new school security monies for the children and teachers safety. No mention of any such thing eh? Figures....

Personal priorities & responsibilities is quite a tall order even for the President and his hinchman these days in America, so hey we get what we get and that is that in America now.

Let us protect our kids ? The government took that right from us years ago, and they ain't given it back, or at least without a fight they won't, because they will cling to their power with all their might now, and they will fight us on every issue and at every turn until they get us where they want us finally.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for demonstrable evidence arming teachers saves lives

Well we don't have any history of situations in which there have been mass shootings of school children in schools in which some of the teachers are armed.

We do have a history of situations in which there have been mass shootings of school children in gun free schools.

Oh so you are waiting for the next massacre attempt, in which if the teachers are armed and successful at stopping the attacker, then you will say "hey you all were right and I was wrong"?

How about lets just put security measures in place in the ways that each state see's it as nessesary, and this in hopes that it will keep another massacre from ever happening again ?

Well we don't have any history of situations in which there have been mass shootings of school children in schools in which some of the teachers are armed.

We do have a history of situations in which there have been mass shootings of school children in gun free schools.

Home of the brave and land of the free indeed...

[
How about lets just put security measures in place in the ways that each state see's it as nessesary, and this in hopes that it will keep another massacre from ever happening again ?

How about reasonable gun controls laws and the banning of certain firearms, and licensing?

According to CDC school shootings are less than 2% in the US. Hence my challenge

[

How about reasonable gun controls laws and the banning of certain firearms, and licensing?

Yes. Just like drugs, controlling, regulation, and banning has worked so well to keep guns out of the hands of gang members and other hoodlums.

How about we try character, common sense, and deterrant for a change?

Oh so you are waiting for the next massacre attempt, in which if the teachers are armed and successful at stopping the attacker, then you will say "hey you all were right and I was wrong"?

No. Just waiting on how teachers with ballistic vest and sidearm saves lives as oppose to cops and campus security.

Home of the brave and land of the free indeed...
So what do you want maybe the opposite ? Home of the controlled by dictatorship or rule, and next the land of the oppressed under such control and rule ? How's about we go back and investigate how we got to where we are, and then turn back the situation before it is to late, if it isn't already to late ?

Forum List

Back