Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

another 'reluctant asshole' created by ocare..lol

raise your fucking prices a bit and pay your fucking employees and give them healthcare. erg

Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.
With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'
Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation | Mail Online

Who eats at Denny's?

You don't get it.

The operative question is, who will pay for your Obama Phone if fewer people eat at Denny's?

Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.
With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'
Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation | Mail Online

Who eats at Denny's?

You don't get it.

The operative question is, who will pay for your Obama Phone if fewer people eat at Denny's?

I know you failed economics, but if nobody eats there now, what is nothing from nothing?

yes because everything was SO MUCH better before the health care bill passed huh?

Dear fucking idiot,

how fast were health care costs raising yearly before it?

Do you care wether Americans can get health care or do you just want kids to die without care if their families have no money?

Who DOES eat at Denny's? That's a very good question.

It's a person that for whatever reason chooses cost over quality. A person who may not be poor, but can't afford that top tier eatery and takes advantage of a bargain. In other words, this is another law that harms the poor and middle class disproportionately over the rich who don't eat at Dennys.

This is how obama lied when he said taxes on the poor wouldn't be raised. He just didn't tell you that the poor will be paying more in indirect taxes.

Who eats at Denny's?

People on their way to Friendly's.

they cant even remember how healthcare cost were skyrocketing before this bill was law

I ate there about a month ago because I wanted breakfast for dinner. Good food at a reasonable price. Denny's isn't the only restaurant chain doing this.

From the article:

"Claiming that he is not anti-insurance Metz has said that he understands the problems this will cause for his employees.

John Metz also owns Hurricane Grill & Wings which has 48 franchises around the country and falls under the umbrella of his firm RREMC Restaurants 'I think it's a terrible thing. It's ridiculous that the maximum hours we can give people is 28 hours a week instead of 40,' said Metz to the Huffington Post.
'It's going to force my employees to go out and get a second job.'

Obamacare requires businesses or franchises with more than 50 workers must offer an approved insurance plan or pay a penalty of $2,000 for each full-time worker over 30 workers. The program mandates that only employees working more than 30 hours a week are covered under their employers health insurance plan, chains like Olive Garden and Red Lobster are already considering reduced worker hours.

'Obviously, I'd love to cover all our employees under that insurance,' said Metz.

'But to pay $5,000 per employee would cost us $175,000 per restaurant and unfortunately, most of our restaurants don't make $175,000 a year. I can't afford it.'"

This is what happens when you have a president who doesn't understand shit about how business or an economy operates.

Last edited:
well for sure, ONLY you liberals can throw temper tanturms when your candidates lose.
You all wanted ObamaCare, SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR It..or you all really thought is was going to FREEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:lol:

poor steffie.

so much anger ... so little time

Poor Jilly, her entire MO is to run around thowing insults at those she doesn't agree with like a 2 year old child. :lol:

I ate there about a month ago because I wanted breakfast for dinner. Good food at a reasonable price. Denny's isn't the only restaurant chain doing this.

From the article:

"Claiming that he is not anti-insurance Metz has said that he understands the problems this will cause for his employees.

John Metz also owns Hurricane Grill & Wings which has 48 franchises around the country and falls under the umbrella of his firm RREMC Restaurants 'I think it's a terrible thing. It's ridiculous that the maximum hours we can give people is 28 hours a week instead of 40,' said Metz to the Huffington Post.

Obamacare requires businesses or franchises with more than 50 workers must offer an approved insurance plan or pay a penalty of $2,000 for each full-time worker over 30 workers. The program mandates that only employees working more than 30 hours a week are covered under their employers health insurance plan, chains like Olive Garden and Red Lobster are already considering reduced worker hours.

'Obviously, I'd love to cover all our employees under that insurance,' said Metz.

'But to pay $5,000 per employee would cost us $175,000 per restaurant and unfortunately, most of our restaurants don't make $175,000 a year. I can't afford it.'"

This is what happens when you have a president who doesn't understand shit about how business or an economy operates.

Hey...if this guy wants to put himself out of business for his political beliefs, let him! It is still a free country, and he has every right to do so.

From the article:

Aren't unintended consequences from do-gooder legislation just wonderful?

Wait a minute...I thought all this free shit from Obiedoodlecare was going to be free.

You mean to say it's not?

Well, I'll be dipped!

again

the only ones who thought it was going to be free were stupid people.

like you :thup:
1. sarchasm

The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I believe you were sputtering something about stupidity?

From the article:

Hey...if this guy wants to put himself out of business for his political beliefs, let him! It is still a free country, and he has every right to do so.

He isn't putting himself out of business. He is just doing his part to create the nation of part time workers which Obama has dreamed about.

Forum List

Back