Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

Wait a minute...I thought all this free shit from Obiedoodlecare was going to be free.

You mean to say it's not?

Well, I'll be dipped!

All us payers know that Nothing is free OB. The librul idiots don't mind paying for all.

Those that support that clusterfuck are gonna find that out when that bill, The one none of those Dem assholes read, comes into effect.

Gotta love those Dem assholes.

Pelosi, that flamming idiot, did say that they had to pass it to find out whats in it.

Wait a minute...I thought all this free shit from Obiedoodlecare was going to be free.

Well, I'll be dipped!

again

the only ones who thought it was going to be free were stupid people.

like you :thup:
1. sarchasm

The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I believe you were sputtering something about stupidity?

tissue, john?

Well, I'll be dipped!

i cannot speak for all progressives/liberals but in my case i expected to pay more and really a few cents more will not kill me and if people can go to the doctor when they need it..im ok with that.

if places like papa johns had not put their pizza into politics i wouldve been willing to pay them more for thier pizza to help with the costs of obamacare..as it is he wants me to think he is a 'reluctant skumbag' because of ocare when in fact he is just a skumbag :D

im willing to pay a bit higher prices..the cost of providing america with healthcare is worth it for a healthy populate. what im not willing to do is be extorted by 'reluctant skumbags' trying to make political points when they are obscenely rich and can afford to take the hit.

Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.
With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'
Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation | Mail Online

Who eats at Denny's?

Many low- to medium-income families and seniors who want something better than McDonald's.

funny how no one brings up that this is the same under romneycare

i wonder why that is

:lmao:

Mainly because Romney care was a STATE issue. Not the entire country. If the STATE wants to backtrack on that care they can vote it out.

Once its nationwide it will be impossible to get rid of.

Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.
With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'
Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation | Mail Online

Who eats at Denny's?

Many low- to medium-income families and seniors who want something better than McDonald's.
Nah...G'head and let them display their bigoted snobbery in full bloom...I find the left-handed honesty quite refreshing.

i wonder why that is

Mainly because Romney care was a STATE issue. Not the entire country. If the STATE wants to backtrack on that care they can vote it out.

if enough people didn't want it, it wouldn't have passed in the first place.

if enough people didn't want it, romney would have handed obama his ass last week.

fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, s0n.

I ate there about a month ago because I wanted breakfast for dinner. Good food at a reasonable price. Denny's isn't the only restaurant chain doing this.

From the article:

"Claiming that he is not anti-insurance Metz has said that he understands the problems this will cause for his employees.

John Metz also owns Hurricane Grill & Wings which has 48 franchises around the country and falls under the umbrella of his firm RREMC Restaurants 'I think it's a terrible thing. It's ridiculous that the maximum hours we can give people is 28 hours a week instead of 40,' said Metz to the Huffington Post.
'It's going to force my employees to go out and get a second job.'

Obamacare requires businesses or franchises with more than 50 workers must offer an approved insurance plan or pay a penalty of $2,000 for each full-time worker over 30 workers. The program mandates that only employees working more than 30 hours a week are covered under their employers health insurance plan, chains like Olive Garden and Red Lobster are already considering reduced worker hours.

'Obviously, I'd love to cover all our employees under that insurance,' said Metz.

'But to pay $5,000 per employee would cost us $175,000 per restaurant and unfortunately, most of our restaurants don't make $175,000 a year. I can't afford it.'"

This is what happens when you have a president who doesn't understand shit about how business or an economy operates.

Hey...if this guy wants to put himself out of business for his political beliefs, let him! It is still a free country, and he has every right to do so.

He isn't putting himself out of business. He is just doing his part to create the nation of part time workers which Obama has dreamed about.

No....by increasing his costs, both his customers and employees will suffer. Hence, putting himself out of business. Again, it's a free country and a capitalistic one. When his resaturants close, someone else will buy them up, put their name on them and hopefully have a better business plan than Metz.

another 'reluctant asshole' created by ocare..lol

raise your fucking prices a bit and pay your fucking employees and give them healthcare. erg

Well, duh! That's exactly what he's doing.

then just do it..with out all the skumbag melodramatic hand wringing, 'woe is me OCARE IS DESTROYING MY BUSINESS..WOE IS ME' 'i only have a few hundred million it is destroying my business...'

erg.

No....by increasing his costs, both his customers and employees will suffer. Hence, putting himself out of business. Again, it's a free country and a capitalistic one. When his resaturants close, someone else will buy them up, put their name on them and hopefully have a better business plan than Metz.
Oh, so if I just have the right bidness model, people will come flocking to my door for my $24.99 breakfast special.

Cool beans. :thup:

another 'reluctant asshole' created by ocare..lol

raise your fucking prices a bit and pay your fucking employees and give them healthcare. erg

Well, duh! That's exactly what he's doing.

then just do it..with out all the skumbag melodramatic hand wringing, 'woe is me OCARE IS DESTROYING MY BUSINESS..WOE IS ME' 'i only have a few hundred million it is destroying my business...'

erg.

It will have increased costs to business owners, a higher cost to the layed off workers ....But this was a predictable consequence eh ???

if enough people didn't want it, romney would have handed obama his ass last week.

fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, s0n.[/QUOTE]

Seems to work for you.

that quote function is a tough hill to climb, huh?

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Obamacare-face-full.jpg

God Bless Capitalism and Freedom!!!

Meaning....add that to the places I wont be eating!! Didnt eat at either of them anyway. That shit makes you fat and disgusting.

i wonder why that is

No. The legislature in MA passed it. From what I understand there was never a vote on it. But MA does elect Dems to run things and they haven't been voted out so nothing will change.

Oh I think loads of folks didn't want it but it wasn't the major issue for them.

Fat, drunk and stupid?? Kinda snarky there aren't ya Del. LOL

No. The legislature in MA passed it. From what I understand there was never a vote on it. But MA does elect Dems to run things and they haven't been voted out so nothing will change.

Oh I think loads of folks didn't want it but it wasn't the major issue for them.

So.....getting back to the story, has Metz already increased prices in MA?

God Bless Capitalism and Freedom!!!

Meaning....add that to the places I wont be eating!! Didnt eat at either of them anyway. That shit makes you fat and disgusting.

Im guessing that Dennys doesnt accept food stamps anyway....................

i'd like to think no onee would post your horseshit sober. :dunno:

romney signed it and took credit for it, until he didn't

Forum List

Back