Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

He has a right to let his customers know why he raised prices.

And customers have the right to eat where they damn well please. This dude is mindful of the Republicans in the Congress, willing to take from the poor but unwilling to cut their own salary and benefits. True leaders lead by example.

They sure do and they'll boycott that restaurant, walk across the street to eat at the other restaurant where they're passing along tax increases also. The difference: one restaurant decided not to say anything but the consumer still pays.

Well....they can shove their breakfasts up their asses....Grand Slam style.

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.

Corporations are only runing this nation in your wet dreams. So what do you propose to replace corporations with?

They're not going to eat the cost of Ocare. I wouldn't either. I'd pass it along just like all of the other tax increases that affect the business.

Democrats will never learn this concept. You may not get your taxes increased in your paycheck by Obama, but the price of everything you use is going to go up. They'll collect their taxes from you by increasing the costs to the producers via taxes, who will then in turn pass their costs onto you, the consumer. The rich don't pay taxes, the increased cost of goods won't hurt their pocketbook or make them have to stretch their dollar. The democrat 'get even with the rich' diatribe is meaningless, they're just too stupid to know it.

^^^ THIS^^^ Excellent post.

And customers have the right to eat where they damn well please. This dude is mindful of the Republicans in the Congress, willing to take from the poor but unwilling to cut their own salary and benefits. True leaders lead by example.

This is an interesting concept. Did obummie and the congress cut their salaries and benefits to help the poor? Link me to where that happened.

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.

Corporations are only runing this nation in your wet dreams. So what do you propose to replace corporations with?

An agrarian commune with a focus on the Arts...............

They're not going to eat the cost of Ocare. I wouldn't either. I'd pass it along just like all of the other tax increases that affect the business.

this is what libtards don't understand......

taxing the rich = paying more for stuff you buy

Everyone understands this. It is no different than with those of us who want the illegal aliens who pick our crops. They say this will increase the cost of my food at the supermarket. It is no different than eliminating the subsidies for farmers. They say it will increase my food costs. They say eliminating subsidies for the huge oil companies will increase my cost at the pump. I never know who THEY are, but let's do it and see how it plays out.

In this particular scenario, you have Papa John's who makes crummy tasting pizza anyway, in competition with thousands of other crummy pizza making joints, and Denny's who serves crummy tasting food in competition with thousands of other crummy tasting food servers. Papa John's and Denny's have cast their lot and CHOSEN to pass on the increase....so let's see how it pans out.

This is an interesting concept. Did obummie and the congress cut their salaries and benefits to help the poor? Link me to where that happened.

Obama is willing to raise his own taxes to help pay for your Medicare. Send him a thank you card.

An agrarian commune with a focus on the Arts...............

oh goody,, some more chirst piss huh?

Obama is willing to raise his own taxes to help pay for your Medicare. Send him a thank you card.

when is he going to cut his salary and benefits to help the poor doyathink? I think it's funny how you won't to impose you stupidity on corporate heads but rich democrats get a pass.

when is he going to cut his salary and benefits to help the poor doyathink? I think it's funny how you won't to impose you stupidity on corporate heads but rich democrats get a pass.

You think it's stupid to want to see restaurant customers have to pay a small amount more for a meal so that the people working there can have some semblance of decent wages and benefits?

How poor does the working class in America have to be before you'll stop bitching about them?

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

Do they surcharge when their rent goes up or the cost of supplies increase?

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

Smart man.

Forum List

Back