Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

Do they surcharge when their rent goes up or the cost of supplies increase?

Yes you idiot. During the summer all service companies add a fuel surcharge, some call it a minimum or whatever but it's a fuel surcharge when gas is 4 bucks a gallon. Others just flat out raise their prices. Nothing is fucking free.

Dennys is a service company?

I have never paid a surcharge on my Grand Slam Breakfast

This is where you left wing idiots come completely off the rails. You think Denny's is a stand alone business. They have service companies that take care of equipment repairs, property maintenance etc. On top of that you may have fucking noticed there are no cows being slaughtered or milked, potato fields next door to make hashbrowns, chickens laying eggs or fucking bakers anywhere near the Denny's. All of that shit is shipped in from other suppliers. And this is abssolutely going to shock you, all of those suppliers are raising their prices to cover Bamiecare. The cost of your grand slam is going up period. The only person that has a direct contact with the public is Denny's and the only Bamiecare costs they can do anything about is their own.

Drive around dumbass and look at all the stores and restaurants you go to. Every fucking one of them is going through the same thing. YOU are going to pay for this, if you can still afford to go out and eat after the grocery store costs cut into your budget.

That's your "free" fucking healthcare in a nutshell dumbass.

He has a right to let his customers know why he raised prices.

Yes he does. And he has a right to encourage his competition to do the same rather than just do it quietly without fanfare. The public deserves to know how elections have consequences and to be educated before we have another one.

I have applauded local businesses who have announced why they are now shelving plans to expand or why they are laying off employees to get under the Obamacare threshhold. The public needs to know that too. Obama gave all of his biggest contributors and union buddies exemptions from Obamacare. Everybody else, however, will have to live with it and now have little hope that the worst elements will be cancelled. And day by day, we who had hoped for a relativvely pleasant retirement are watching the market sell off day after day and our portfolios shrink. It is not the rich or the poor who are getting hurt, but far too many of us in the middle.

And if Obama gets through his tax hike on the "rich", look for things to get much much worse as the "rich", not all that rich actually, business owners shelter even more income than they are doing now.

Yes you idiot. During the summer all service companies add a fuel surcharge, some call it a minimum or whatever but it's a fuel surcharge when gas is 4 bucks a gallon. Others just flat out raise their prices. Nothing is fucking free.

This is where you left wing idiots come completely off the rails. You think Denny's is a stand alone business. They have service companies that take care of equipment repairs, property maintenance etc. On top of that you may have fucking noticed there are no cows being slaughtered or milked, potato fields next door to make hashbrowns, chickens laying eggs or fucking bakers anywhere near the Denny's. All of that shit is shipped in from other suppliers. And this is abssolutely going to shock you, all of those suppliers are raising their prices to cover Bamiecare. The cost of your grand slam is going up period. The only person that has a direct contact with the public is Denny's and the only Bamiecare costs they can do anything about is their own.

Drive around dumbass and look at all the stores and restaurants you go to. Every fucking one of them is going through the same thing. YOU are going to pay for this, if you can still afford to go out and eat after the grocery store costs cut into your budget.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

It's funny that other than sales tax they don't itemize all the other costs they pass onto you. I've never been to Denny's and seen a "coporate income tax surcharge" or a "FICA employer share surcharge".

Why do you think they chose this particular cost of business to itemize?

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/040602/nat_0406020065.shtml

Last edited:

the only people who insist it's supposed to be free are the wingnuts like you.

the rest of us know that it costs money; we're just not whiny little twats like the guy that owns denny's.

and you

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

As for boycotting the 'evil' restaurant chain, go for it. That worked so well when you all tried to punish Chick-fil-a. I'm thinking there are still enough Americans who care about America to counter any boycott that would be organized. We had never had a Chick-fil-a product of any kind until they were attacked. Found out their sandwiches are pretty tasty though.

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

It's funny that other than sales tax they don't itemize all the other costs they pass onto you. I've never been to Denny's and seen a "coporate income tax surcharge" or a "FICA employer share surcharge".

Why do you think they chose this particular cost of business to itemize?

After lawsuit, Denny's restaurant chain buries its racist image | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Would a muslim really patronize a restaurant that served sausage and bacon? Cooked on the same grill as the pancakes and eggs.

Serious question.

What is the hoped for outcome from this? Is he thinking he can get the law repealed if he makes a big stink about it? And why does he assume his competitors won't take advantage of his whining?

Serious question.

What is the hoped for outcome from this? Is he thinking he can get the law repealed if he makes a big stink about it? And why does he assume his competitors won't take advantage of his whining?

any publicity is good publicity

You do realize that many companies provided health insurance before Obamacare right?

Of course, and just as he should have a business plan to deal with rising costs, it is obvious he doesn't. It's not my fault he sucks as a businessman.

LOL......maybe he should go ask BO about a "business plan".....or "budget plan".........LOL

Maybe you should ask yourself this...IF this is such a crushing increase, why are his thousands of competitors not following suit?

if you think they won't you're crazy....or did they get an Obama subsidy or exemption.....? :eusa_shhh:

I applaud him for being truthful and honest!

You do realize that many companies provided health insurance before Obamacare right?
You do realize most of those plans don't meet the new standards and therefore will either cost more or be dropped all together don't you? Not to mention all of the other taxes on top of the mandate.

Serious question.

Do you think the intended outcome may just be the cost of doing business, huh, do you? You know not everyone thinks the same way as you and many other Liberals do, they are not out to stick their nose in everyone else's business while saving the world every morning when they wake up. Some folks are just trying to live with their bills paid so that they can enjoy their life. Maybe you should consider all of the whining that you do and give people that work for a living a bit of a break.

Serious question.

Do you think the intended outcome may just be the cost of doing business, huh, do you? You know not everyone thinks the same way as you and many other Liberals do, they are not out to stick their nose in everyone else's business while saving the world every morning when they wake up. Some folks are just trying to live with their bills paid so that they can enjoy their life. Maybe you should consider all of the whining that you do and give people that work for a living a bit of a break.

Yes, because he's giving his servers a break by basiclly proclaiming people should tip them less. :rolleyes:

Also, thanks for quoting me, and not answering the question.

Serious question.

Whining? If somebody is taking away 5% more of your income, are you whining when you object to that? Or would you do what you can to protect what you rightfully earned? He can of course choose to downside his business and lay off people or substantially cut their hours, which many businesses are feeling compelled to do, or he can raise his prices to offset his substantially increased costs. And why should he not tell his customers exactly why they are being charged 5% more for a product, most especially when he is of the opinion that it is due to an oppressive and unAmerican law?

If his competitors take the hit and take advantage of him choosing to raise prices rather than lay off people, so be it. He goes out of business and hundreds or thousands of people are out of work. And his competitors will also be hiring fewer people or will lay off people because their profit margins will also be smaller.

But the people who hate him won't care. They'll feel smug and righteous. There is little in this world as idiotic as people who are so ideologically fixed that they don't care if huge numbers of people are hurt so long as they can feel like they are somehow superior or better people because they value government freebies over private enterprise profits.

Serious question.

He's marketing to the crowd who think that all their troubles can be blamed on someone poorer than they are; he's giving them validation.

That's the problem, Metz told the truth. He explained to customers why prices were being raised and offering them the choice of leaving a lesser tip to even out the effect of the tax increase.

Denny's isn't operating in a vacuum. Dozens of restaurants are doing the same thing. Liberals can stop eating out, or they can go to very expensive non chain restaurants or go to very poor non chain restaurants without the quality control of a major chain.

I would expect that the space vacated by these restaurants will be snapped up by newly arrived immigrants who will import family members to work there. Family members aren't impacted by obamacare. They can set up an insurance exchange that will verify insurance for a small fee, a very small fee, but won't actually provide any coverage.

Forum List

Back