Another study suggests masks do not prevent the spread of Covid

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
This one comparing various mask policies in neighboring California counties. Once again, there is no correlation between mask policy and Covid surge. It’s all just window dressing and dogma.

558734BA-37EF-4181-97D2-AA4DDA429577.jpeg

The study actually compares policies rather than mask efficiency/effectiveness, policy implementation, etc., etc..

But strike a blow for free dumb.

I have seen and read many studies on masks. The upshot is a mask CAN BE effective but it needs to be a specific type of mask worn very tightly at all times. Almost no one who wears a mask that is both the right type of mask and wearing it properly. So in general they are not very effective except for making the wearer feel virtuous.

This one comparing various mask policies in neighboring California counties. Once again, there is no correlation between mask policy and Covid surge. It’s all just window dressing and dogma.

View attachment 547633

Your article does not come to the conclusion that masks don't work. It doesn't even sniff in that direction.

They compared California counties of varying degress of vaccination and whether they had mask mandates (which is what the article is about) and hey, guess what? using the numbers from your own link all the counties with mask mandates had an average peak number of cases at 28.1 per 100k. Counties without mask mandates had a peak number of cases at 43 per 100k. Seems kind of significant.

If you look at hospitalizations per capita you see the same trend where counties with mask mandates had fewer people in the hospital. The difference could simply be due to vaccination rates but this article doesn't go into detail about it or even pretend to.

Fail.

I have seen and read many studies on masks. The upshot is a mask CAN BE effective but it needs to be a specific type of mask worn very tightly at all times. Almost no one who wears a mask that is both the right type of mask and wearing it properly. So in general they are not very effective except for making the wearer feel virtuous.

Well, I hope you at least read these other studies because you sure didn't take a look at this article.

Nonsense.

Yea...if you wear the mask around your neck it ain't gonna work. If you wear it only over your mouth it ain't gonna work. If you wear a nonsense sheer gaiter and call it a mask it ain't gonna work.

But most masks...worn by people who aren't being stupid...work

View attachment 547633
And, Taz just got a knock on his door from some nice men in black suits.

How is this possible? Arent the leaders showing the public how to properly wear a mask?

tenor.gif

I have always hoped that more discussion regarding "masks" would take place. What is the definition of a mask? I am an American and I don't know the answer to that question... after all these months....But today, a filthy Bandana still qualifies where I shop for groceries. Apparently the N95 is a better option, but only if it is used "properly" and I rarely see them being used and I would bet that most are being used improperly. If Americans are to be forcefully masked, personally, I would prefer it to be done so in a logical, effective manner. What we have now is anything but that.

As if anyone really needed a study to know that. Just one more revelation that all of last year with Trump, the election, masks, so-called super spreader events that never materialized, and much of what still continues on to this day is all pure BULL.

The mask mandates are hilariously retarded. Always have been. I proudly never wore a medical type mask, just a neck gator designed for skiing. Pull it up, go in the store, by working the jaw I can actually have it drop down to my neck as I exit the store hands free. With it on, I can smell a cigarette from a 100 feet away with it so obviously it does not block microscopic particles, nor do any of the "medical" and even serious 3M dust masks. Dr. Noel did a vid way back before the extreme censorship clearly showing masks do not do shit, unless you use a serious industrial type contraption used in paint departments of auto body shops, etc.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back