Another thread about the presidents vacation

How much vacation should the president be allowed to take each year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why should it be any different than any other federal employee, they earn from years 1-3, 13 days per year, years 4-15, 20 days per year, plus they get federal holidays, 10 per year. Sounds like plenty to me, of course he gets those little weekend get aways at Camp David for skeet shooting.

I think our presidents take too much vacation. Why are they not limited to the number of days they can take each year? It's a job like any other, and paid vacations are a benefit of that job.

After you've voluntarily taken on a job which requires you to be at work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, including holiday's, and which carries the tremendous burdens the presidency carries...then, and only then, will you be qualified to recommend anything about that job.

I guess I qualify for that then.........................

Served 20 years in the Navy.

Like I said, 30 days (take 'em one day at a time, or take 'em all at once, don't really matter) is all you should get.

I mean................the U.S. Military works 365/24/7, because even if you're on leave or liberty, if the military wants you back to send you somewhere, ya gotta go.

I think our presidents take too much vacation. Why are they not limited to the number of days they can take each year? It's a job like any other, and paid vacations are a benefit of that job.

After you've voluntarily taken on a job which requires you to be at work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, including holiday's, and which carries the tremendous burdens the presidency carries...then, and only then, will you be qualified to recommend anything about that job.

I guess I qualify for that then.........................

Served 20 years in the Navy.

Like I said, 30 days (take 'em one day at a time, or take 'em all at once, don't really matter) is all you should get.

I mean................the U.S. Military works 365/24/7, because even if you're on leave or liberty, if the military wants you back to send you somewhere, ya gotta go.
I like it.

Makes sense to me:)

It was six weeks between the Hawaiian vacation and the Florida vacation with Tiger Woods. Days after return from the Florida vacation, planning started for the next vacation. It takes a lot of planning because the home that the obamas used to stay at has been sold and it takes time to find another place of suitable luxury.

It isn't so much the number of vacations, or the way one vacation is almost immediately followed by another vacation. It's the massive expense of the obama time off. It's not like going to Crawford and staying at the old homestead. It's the massive expenses incurred with an obama vacation. The couple refuses to even so much as fly on the same plane together.

Again, I don't care if the president goes to Texas or Hawaii. You whine about expense but all it is is partisan whining. The same people who(IMO rightly) complained about Bush's vacation time are now saying POTUS is never really on vacation, and those who didnt care that Bush took more vacation than any sitting president in the history of our nation are now whining every time Obama takes a day off.

Being the president is a stressful job, and you can never truly escape it. Limit the man to 30 days a year, and what he chooses to do with those 30 days are totally up to him.

Forum List

Back