Another win for Religious Liberty

Judge's Ruling Shows Religious Freedom Isn’t Just For The Christian Right

For Scott Warren, a 37-year-old geography teacher from Ajo, Arizona, freedom of religion means making sure migrants crossing a treacherous stretch of desert along the U.S.-Mexico border don’t die of dehydration.

What do you all think, does this fall under Religious Liberty?

Religious freedom is not a license to commit criminal acts.

Giving aid and comfort to foreign invaders is treason, one of the most serious criminal acts that an American citizen can commit. This should not stand, any more than it would stand for someone to claim a religious obligation to rob banks, or murder unbelievers.

The legal issue is one of trespassing ... are we allowed to cross someone else's land to leave water out for a (maybe) person dying of dehydration? ... I think requiring me to allow bird worshipers into my backyard to tend to the feeders is over the top ... so I think requiring another to allow geography teachers on my ranch land to leave water out for people is also over the top ...

But this is government land ... with clear and distinct rules of use ... the judge got this right ... driving a truck across the wilderness preserve is bad, and Mr. Warren is guilty ... leaving water out for a moral or religious reasons, not-so-bad, as long as Mr Warren walks out there and cleans up the mess ...

For Scott Warren, a 37-year-old geography teacher from Ajo, Arizona, freedom of religion means making sure migrants crossing a treacherous stretch of desert along the U.S.-Mexico border don’t die of dehydration.

Giving aid and comfort to foreign invaders is treason, one of the most serious criminal acts that an American citizen can commit. This should not stand, any more than it would stand for someone to claim a religious obligation to rob banks, or murder unbelievers.

Our legal system does not see them as foreign invaders, thus your point is not valid.

No

Why not? Is this any different than choosing not to bake a cake or take a photo?

Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

If he wants to leave water or food so be it one could argue by doing so he is helping people get into the country illegally thus helping them break the law and could be considered an accessory to the act it would be a weak arguement in my view though.

Religious freedom cant impede on another's liberty. Or break us laws.
I'm sure this in some way includes trespassing or littering laws.
Just like a Muslim dominated city cant force a tax on infidels for being infidels.

Wrong.

Immigrants and migrants entering the country are not ‘invaders.’

That an immigrant might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

Undocumented immigrants are entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process of law.

Like most on the right you’re an ignorant, frightened, hateful bigot.

The Bible is pretty explicit that we're not to plunder a stranger in the land.
tyroneweaver...member of the bishopric.

This will expose conservatives for the hypocrites they are; citizens will exercise their religious liberty in ways many on the right won’t like or approve of.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
yes, the religion I belong to, sez that I'm under Covenant to obey the beatitudes.
James. Talmage. Jesus the Christ

He is assisting in the systematic invasion and looting of the country by perhaps thousands of people. He encourages more to come. He deserves the death penalty. At least many years in prison. Thankfully there are groups that dedicate themselves to cleaning up after his litter and remove the food and dump the water.

Religious liberty is used to justify discrimination.
It is used to justify refusing service (medical, pharmacy) to those in need.
But can’t be used for SAVING LIVES?

That is some seriously warped religious values.

Wrong.

Immigrants and migrants entering the country are not ‘invaders.’

That an immigrant might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

Undocumented immigrants are entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process of law.

Like most on the right you’re an ignorant, frightened, hateful bigot.
ya, I bet there's a ton of em over at your house right now.

I missed the part where Jesus helped people commit crimes. Could you point that out.

No

Why not? Is this any different than choosing not to bake a cake or take a photo?
True:

‘Elizabeth Reiner Platt, director of Columbia University’s Law, Rights, and Religion Project, said the decision is a small step, but “extremely significant.” She said she hasn’t seen many successful religious exemption claims for traditionally progressive issues, such as immigrants’ rights, environmental protection and anti-death penalty protests.’

This will expose conservatives for the hypocrites they are; citizens will exercise their religious liberty in ways many on the right won’t like or approve of.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.
The biblical basis for ministering to the poor, hungry and downtrodden is much better established than most of their old testament excuses for hating people.

I missed the part where Jesus helped people commit crimes. Could you point that out.
I missed the part where he refused to help the needy.

Forum List

Back