Another wise investment for California

I know of few cities where they complain because there are too many parks

A bike path is not a park, dumbass.
Of course it is
They are called linear parks

Linear park - Wikipedia

A linear park is a park in an urban or suburban setting that is substantially longer than it is wide.[note 1] Some are rail trails ("rails to trails"), that are disused railroad beds converted to recreational use, while others use strips of public land next to canals, streams, extended defensive walls, electrical lines, highways[1] and shorelines.[2

A park is an area of natural, semi-natural or planted space set aside for human enjoyment and recreation or for the protection of wildlife or natural habitats.

No surprise you libs are all screwed up, you don't understand basic words.
Walking and bicycle riding is not recreation?

Don’t tell me....Red State education

Sigh, you can walk or ride a bike on the street, on the sidewalk, or in a driveway, recreation, but not a park.

You are unable to walk or ride a bike in a park?
You keep digging a deeper hole

Of course it is

Linear park - Wikipedia
nw
A linear park is a park in an urban or suburban setting that is substantially longer than it is wide.[note 1] Some are rail trails ("rails to trails"), that are disused railroad beds converted to recreational use, while others use strips of public land next to canals, streams, extended defensive walls, electrical lines, highways[1] and shorelines.[2

A park is an area of natural, semi-natural or planted space set aside for human enjoyment and recreation or for the protection of wildlife or natural habitats.

Sigh, you can walk or ride a bike on the street, on the sidewalk, or in a driveway, recreation, but not a park.

You are unable to walk or ride a bike in a park?
You keep digging a deeper hole

Which brings us right back to: "No surprise you clowns are so screwed up".

California is slowly changing the meaning of the word park. It used to mean open space. Now it means homeless camp.

I know of few cities where they complain because there are too many parks

Of course it is

Linear park - Wikipedia

The politicians here invested millions of dollars into bike paths in parks, and we still have assholes in the street driving on main roads during rush hour. All that money could have been used to create something that would have solved a problem. But millions of dollars later, we still have problems with morons on bikes in the street.

Of course it is

Linear park - Wikipedia

The politicians here invested millions of dollars into bike paths in parks, and we still have assholes in the street driving on main roads during rush hour. All that money could have been used to create something that would have solved a problem. But millions of dollars later, we still have problems with morons on bikes in the street.
You are confusing recreational bike paths with bikes using existing roads for transportation. A bicycle has as much right to those roads as a car or truck

Air quality in L.A. is better now than it was in the early ' 50's when I was a kid. My lungs used to hurt sometimes walking home from school in all that smog. Looks like trump and co. want to bring those bad old days back with their tearing down of rules and regulations to please the fossil fuel and other polluting industries. Beware what you wish for, all you trump supporters. I did vote for the guy thinking no one could be worse than hilary. Wrong. He's horrible and the things he is doing with the environment will be ruinous for us and our offspring for generations to come.
84 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump

Air quality in L.A. is better now than it was in the early ' 50's when I was a kid. My lungs used to hurt sometimes walking home from school in all that smog. Looks like trump and co. want to bring those bad old days back with their tearing down of rules and regulations to please the fossil fuel and other polluting industries. Beware what you wish for, all you trump supporters. I did vote for the guy thinking no one could be worse than hilary. Wrong. He's horrible and the things he is doing with the environment will be ruinous for us and our offspring for generations to come.
84 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump

Hmmm...earliest one in the list seems to go back to the Clinton days (1993-2001), not seeing anything that goes back to the 50's.

Of course it is

Linear park - Wikipedia

You are confusing recreational bike paths with bikes using existing roads for transportation. A bicycle has as much right to those roads as a car or truck

Correct, they do, and that is something that should be changed.

I'm not confusing anything. Just pointing out that bike paths are a waste of money since most people who ride bikes won't use them anyway.

I'm not confusing anything. Just pointing out that bike paths are a waste of money since most people who ride bikes won't use them anyway.
They use them if they are there
Problem is the paths are not always where people want to go

So we should quit pumping tax dollars into them, right???

So we should quit pumping tax dollars into them, right???
Like I said
Some paths are recreational others are functional

Investing in parks never makes financial sense

But over time, they pay off in quality of life

The LA river isn't a park, and it actually being a river may be debatable.

Yet there are miles of bike paths along it

Let’s face it, LA is fucking ugly no matter where you put a park
SF is beautiful, SD is beautiful....LA? Not much to look at

SF being beautiful is just a memory.
Hardly

It has a majestic location on the SF bay
Golden Gate Bridge is an icon

LA? Brown and dusty

Sure, it was a majestic location and they have the Golden Gate Bridge. Unfortunately you have to drive or walk through the shit to see any of those.
Medical Association: San Francisco Not Safe to Walk

That is not true. I also travel to SF for various reasons but the area you are talking about is a very small part of SF.

I have not seen a single drop of shit in SF.

The LA river isn't a park, and it actually being a river may be debatable.

Yet there are miles of bike paths along it

Let’s face it, LA is fucking ugly no matter where you put a park
SF is beautiful, SD is beautiful....LA? Not much to look at

SF being beautiful is just a memory.
Hardly

It has a majestic location on the SF bay
Golden Gate Bridge is an icon

LA? Brown and dusty

Sure, it was a majestic location and they have the Golden Gate Bridge. Unfortunately you have to drive or walk through the shit to see any of those.
Medical Association: San Francisco Not Safe to Walk

That is not true. I also travel to SF for various reasons but the area you are talking about is a very small part of SF.

I have not seen a single drop of shit in SF.

Are you saying the poop maps are a worthwhile investment or the shit you've seen wasn't in the form of a drop?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back