Anthony Kennedy just announced his retirement!

Oh HELL YEAH! Trump's election was worth TWO SCOTUS picks. Damn I like WINING!!

Me thinks the court will swing more conservative now. A great day for the Constitution.

Yessir, a politically biased court...just as the founding fathers intended!

:rolleyes:

The Founders intended the Court to be a co-equal branch. That ended in 1803. Have you screamed about that yet?
He hasn't responded to this line of questioning so far. I call it sour grapes

Same level? An SC seat is far beyond the appointments Dems passed their rule for.

The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.

Shit is going to hit the fan boys and girls...

Yep. We now have a government that does not represent a majority of the people. When such a government exists that the majority of the people do not respect, the people will act accordingly.

Do not act shocked or surprised in the coming future when those actions occur.

I'm sure the Americans are quite prepared for any untoward actions the Democrats may be considering.

Totally unbelievable

The liberals screwed up so bad.
Gorsuch's seat was a stolen seat. You shouldn't be so proud of yourselves. But of course, shame isn't part of the vocabulary if you support Trump.

His seat was not stolen. Enough with the lies
Don't call me a liar. McConnell had no right to do what he did. He ignored the Constitutional duties of the senate with a smirk. Dirty pol.

How many times do I have to say this...it’s a new era. Get used to losing.

543417506-house-benghazi-committee-chairman-trey-gowdy.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

He has a world class face. But he's been a pain to Trump --- so I am doubting he'll get rewarded with the Court. Still.....interesting idea.

Oh god, I can just see all those white female editors at Huffpost sitting around their conference room table having a collective meltdown right now ! :beer: :party:

Totally unbelievable

Gorsuch's seat was a stolen seat. You shouldn't be so proud of yourselves. But of course, shame isn't part of the vocabulary if you support Trump.

Don't call me a liar. McConnell had no right to do what he did. He ignored the Constitutional duties of the senate with a smirk. Dirty pol.
You mean he pulled a Harry Reid? Yesssss, yes he did. Bwahahahaha!

Well Obama got to appoint two far left, activist judges in Kagan, and Sotomayor, so Trump now has his turn for a second. And if Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg retires, he will get another!

Totally unbelievable

he had every right to do what he did, he used the powers set aside for the Senate in the Constitution

and he really did not take a big risk; as Hillary would have 99% likely re-nominated Garland (to continue the Obama legacy)

1st time we have seen republican leadership fight back and it has paid big dividends

I wonder how many backroom deals will be in the offing now?

Think you that the Democrats and Chuck-u Schumer might cut an immigration deal for a more moderate SC nomination?

Our Supreme Court will be noticeably conservative for at least a generation or two now.
The problem is, as a Conservative, I don't want the SCOTUS conservative or liberal. I want it to be a true Constructionist Court. The SCOTUS should be ideologically neutral.

Oh I agree. I did a thread on that very subject last night. I was just stating an observation. 'Tis all :)

Totally unbelievable

No it wasnt, we played you fair and square

No, YOU didn't do shit. The Republicans play dirty politics and stole the seat from rightful nominee Garland. You know it, I know it. The Dems need to stop being pussies and start playing dirty too.

You can’t steal something that doesn’t belong to him

Democrats have to refuse hearings till after the election.

They can try. :)

And even if they weren’t a minority, rejected by the American people with no power to stop hearings, the best they could do would be to leave Trump winning with 5-3 decisions.

Same level? An SC seat is far beyond the appointments Dems passed their rule for.

The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.
Lol what I want... that’s the thing about Judges, they’re supposed to rule impartially. not the way they or I want. But that doesn’t count for the SC anymore.

Forum List

Back