Anthony Kennedy just announced his retirement!

Dude, his brain has been tapioca for a very long time, that much is pretty clear.
Why? Because I exposed your lies over and over. I notice you’ve been dead-silent on your claim that you “never” said you were right-wing. I’ve seen you say that at least a dozen times. And I already posted links to two of them proving you were lying.

I can’t stand you immature fascists. Rightwinger tried the same shit. You guys are so stupid you actually believe you can convince conservatives to become fascists if you tell them you’re a “fellow conservative” who “sees” the light with fascism. :eusa_doh:

Perfectly stated. It is bizarre how all these leftists think it's somehow persuasive for a leftist to run around saying, hey guys, it's OK, it's OK. I'm a conservative, like you are. And the Democrats are right on every issue.

So many of them do it and it never works at all. It seems to be just overt stupidity on their part. I don't see any obvious conservatives or libertarians running over to the Democrats and saying the reverse to them

One more right-winger that is not right of anything other than maybe Hillary.

All of you Trump sheep are the same, big government and less freedom

Dude, his brain has been tapioca for a very long time, that much is pretty clear.
Why? Because I exposed your lies over and over. I notice you’ve been dead-silent on your claim that you “never” said you were right-wing. I’ve seen you say that at least a dozen times. And I already posted links to two of them proving you were lying.

I can’t stand you immature fascists. Rightwinger tried the same shit. You guys are so stupid you actually believe you can convince conservatives to become fascists if you tell them you’re a “fellow conservative” who “sees” the light with fascism. :eusa_doh:

Perfectly stated. It is bizarre how all these leftists think it's somehow persuasive for a leftist to run around saying, hey guys, it's OK, it's OK. I'm a conservative, like you are. And the Democrats are right on every issue.

So many of them do it and it never works at all. It seems to be just overt stupidity on their part. I don't see any obvious conservatives or libertarians running over to the Democrats and saying the reverse to them

Each side hurls that same accusation at the other. Back and forth. Endlessly.
To which a Republican would point out Obama care. And attacks on the second amendment. Amongst countless other examples...

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump nominated Andrew Napolitano.
Would be a poor choice. USSC Justices are best picked from a pool that haven't been out in the public limelight advertising potential bias. You know, like Ginsburg did in early 2015. Bad act to imitate.

Last edited:

To which a Republican would point out Obama care. And attacks on the second amendment. Amongst countless other examples...

Yep, that is what both sides do because both sides are big government and less freedom people.

The few of us that are not on either "side" are left shaking our heads and wondering what it will take for them to finally put country before party once again.

Look at this thread.....130 pages in about 16 hours. As a conservative, when you heard this news, the first thing that hit your brain was. "OMG....the k00ks on the USMB are going to be hyper-suicidal!!!!". And then you were trying not to split your sides laughing envisioning the train wreck in here!

Most days are a hoot in here but last night was particularly hysterical!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I agree, but they aren't the same level. For example, most Republicans can define libertarian and recognize that I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. Most Democrats say not Democrat = Republican and make references to things like I don't care about babies after their born even though I'm pro-choice and I'm a neocon even though I'm against our even being in the middle east. Republicans aren't defending M-13. When Obama and Clinton did offer the Republicans things they support, they took it. Democrats flipped sides on the issue. And the biggest is the you're a racist cacophony that is dividing and destroying the country

Last edited:
543417506-house-benghazi-committee-chairman-trey-gowdy.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
Pick him Mr President.
Gowdy would be good, Ted Cruz even better.
The expansion of state power and all of its excesses would be solidly protected

Look at this thread.....130 pages in about 16 hours. As a conservative, when you heard this news, the first thing that hit your brain was. "OMG....the k00ks on the USMB are going to be hyper-suicidal!!!!". And then you were trying not to split your sides laughing envisioning the train wreck in here!

the more they stay extreme the longer the pain will last it would seem. people are tired of it and the "we have no plan but hate" democratic strategy. sooner or later people do in fact get tired of hate.

i'd prefer to see a balance of thought on our SCOTUS and not have it play heavy to either side. we're supposed to be in this "together" but we so seldom act like it. but yea, this has caused a liberal meltdown and they don't see it's their own hate leading the way.

Any other conservatives besides me concerned about the timing of this?

I’ve often been disgusted with Kennedy’s decisions. Isn’t he the one who gave us the Obamacare shitty decision?

So, he decides to retire, now, when it could very well motivate the left to turn out in the polls. Even those undecideds who might be happy with Trump’s job so far might be leery of allowing Trump a 2nd pick.

Am I wrong here? Is it a very good thing like it seems so many here believe? Is nobody else worried that this could bring back the blue wave?

the more they stay extreme the longer the pain will last it would seem. people are tired of it and the "we have no plan but hate" democratic strategy. sooner or later people do in fact get tired of hate.

i'd prefer to see a balance of thought on our SCOTUS and not have it play heavy to either side. we're supposed to be in this "together" but we so seldom act like it. but yea, this has caused a liberal meltdown and they don't see it's their own hate leading the way.
We don't need a balance of thoughts on the court. We need people who follow the constitution. Nothing more

Any other conservatives besides me concerned about the timing of this?

I’ve often been disgusted with Kennedy’s decisions. Isn’t he the one who gave us the Obamacare shitty decision?

So, he decides to retire, now, when it could very well motivate the left to turn out in the polls. Even those undecideds who might be happy with Trump’s job so far might be leery of allowing Trump a 2nd pick.

Am I wrong here? Is it a very good thing like it seems so many here believe? Is nobody else worried that this could bring back the blue wave?
This is what I said much earlier on in the thread. Exactly the same thing.

He's forcing Trump's hand and hoping he will blunder and pick a super-conservative or some other idiot that the left can then parade around by the election. So If I were Trump/Congress I'd nominate a limp-wristed leftie type judge...maybe Barack Obama or Hillary... right now, and then waffle around with his confirmation in Congress until after the election. Then maybe look at a couple of other candidates...

No Democrat of standing has called for violence. Even Waters. She called for harassment yelling. And I do not approve of that either. Few do, super super.

Better known as simple assault and disorderly conduct.

Hate to tell ya, but yelling at a pol or public servant or would not qualify as "simple assault". Neither would it qualify (even in a restaurant) as disorderly conduct. That would occur if you blocked their vehicle, were drunk, or refused to leave when the business owner or the cops told them to do so.

What Trump did during the campaign was clear inciting violence. Don't understand why charges weren't brought.

Trumplings are a charming bunch however :rolleyes:

We don't need a balance of thoughts on the court. We need people who follow the constitution. Nothing more
we need a balance of thought in how that is interpreted. that is kinda what the SC is all about - interpreting the constitution and how it applies to a given situation.

if it was all cut and dry we'd not have nearly the arguments we currently do have.

Meh. The pendulum will swing back eventually. Hopefully before it’s too late.
LOL, bye bye Libs for DECADES!

And the US goes around talking about Democracy. Telling other countries about Democracy. And the US seems to be a game where voting doesn't matter.
/----/ Democracy is mob rule. The only ones talking about we being a democracy is you uneducated libtards who can't grasp the concept of a Representative Republic.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic (not democracy) for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
We are both a republic and a democracy.

We are a republic because we use elected representatives to make our laws, and to act as Head of State (in our case, the President) as opposed to having a monarch. More specifically, we are a federal republic because we have a division of powers across several branches and levels of government.

We are also a democracy, because we the people ;) exercise our power by voting, as opposed to an oligarchy or dictatorship. There are different kinds of democracies; we are a representative democracy because we use representatives, and a constitutional democracy because we have a constitution that limits powers, but we are not a direct (or Athenian) democracy, in which everyone votes on every issue.

It is correct to say we are a republic, but it is also correct to say we are a democracy.

[COOL!
I can invest in metal coat hangers again...
The plastic ones just snap when twisted into the necessary shape to extract the "tissue."
Back alleys are dark.
I have a discount on maglights and 2 for 1 klieg lights.

No need for coat hangers actually - Preggo sluts can just have their boyfriends punch em in the gut, or they can fall down a flight of stairs.
And you'll giggle like a schoolgirl when you read about women dying.
Sad

This is most excellent news. Now Mr Trump can get us another conservative and then we can overturn Rove vs Wade

-Geaux

Kennedy is a conservative and not a single current member of SCOTUS supports over turning RvW

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Roe vs Wade isn't going anywhere. Just hyperbole and fear mongering

From you SASSY as in SERIOUS?

Watch - Donald's pick will long for coat hanger abortions in very dark alleys

And you will rejoice!!
Your abortions will be safe, but watch for Roe v Wade being overturned and the decision for abortions will be given to the States. You'll have to move to a state Like New York to clean up the result of your over-heated Saturday night passion in the backseat of your Nash Rambler.

There is not a single justice on the court right now that supports removing RvW, even if the new one does that is still 1 against 8.

Hmmm - Dunno about that GG. Remember, nobody ever answers the question in a confirmation. They won't comment on a litmus test. I'd bet a buck to make 75 cents Clarence Thomas would love nothing more.

Forum List

Back