Anti-Muslim attacks up 78%

Hate crimes against American Muslims have soared to their highest levels since the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to data compiled by researchers, an increase apparently fueled by terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad and by divisive language on the campaign trail.

The trend has alarmed hate crime scholars and law-enforcement officials, who have documented hundreds of attacks — including arsons at mosques, assaults, shootings and threats of violence — since the beginning of 2015.

While the most current hate crime statistics from the FBI are not expected until November, new data from researchers atCalifornia State University found that hate crimes against American Muslims were up 78 percent over the course of 2015. Attacks on those perceived as Arab rose even more sharply.

Police and media reports in recent months have indicated a continued flow of attacks, often against victims wearing traditional Muslim garb or seen as Middle Eastern.

Gee thanks, Mr. Trump. Thanks for a glimpse into what an American future would look like in your reich.

How many attacks have Muslims committed since 9/11? How many people have they killed?

In a nation of 300 million, one person burning down one mosque is an insignificant problem.

lol, How many are you allowed before we can label you a problem?

Now, don't jump to conclusions. Didn't you people learn anything in the Fort Hood, Boston Marathon Bombing, and San Bernardino shootings?? Not Hate Crimes, Not Islamic Terrorists.

You left out Oklahoma City, which was originally blamed on Muslims.

One data point does not make for a trend. OKC was terrorism caused by a person seeking to hijack Christianity. Christians spoke up by the masses to denounce the fucker and call for his death. Christians did not huddle in fear and keep silent over what might happen to them if the spoke out against the man and the act.
Oklahoma had nothing to do with Christianity at all. It was in response to the government's actions in Waco.

Point taken.

Hate crimes against American Muslims have soared to their highest levels since the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to data compiled by researchers, an increase apparently fueled by terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad and by divisive language on the campaign trail.

The trend has alarmed hate crime scholars and law-enforcement officials, who have documented hundreds of attacks — including arsons at mosques, assaults, shootings and threats of violence — since the beginning of 2015.

While the most current hate crime statistics from the FBI are not expected until November, new data from researchers atCalifornia State University found that hate crimes against American Muslims were up 78 percent over the course of 2015. Attacks on those perceived as Arab rose even more sharply.

Police and media reports in recent months have indicated a continued flow of attacks, often against victims wearing traditional Muslim garb or seen as Middle Eastern.

Gee thanks, Mr. Trump. Thanks for a glimpse into what an American future would look like in your reich.

Wow a whole 260 so called hate crimes a year.

I guess we should try to see what the requirements are that a crime is a "hate" crime
I have the feeling any crime where muslims are the victim will be labeled a "hate" crime

FYI spraying graffiti on a mosque is not a "hate crime" it's vandalism
I'm sure leaving a burning bag of poop on the front door of a mosque is included in the list of "hate crimes."

Between the anti-muslim attacks (hard to ever come by), and the muslim attacks (very relevant) liberal attempting a cheap false equivalency would obviously focus on the anti-muslim attacks.

Especially right after a bombing that could very well be the fault of the Islamists.

Do you know how many anti-Muslim attacks there are and how many Muslim attacks there are in the US every year?

We know 50 non-Muslims were killed in Orlando this year. How many Muslims have been murdered?

If only they would stop killing us.....but alas, they are liberals.....

But they're not killing you as fast as non-Muslim Americans. In fact white Christian men have killed more Americans than any other race, color or religion, but you're not running around terrified of every white man with a gun.

White Americans terrified of Muslims are biggest cowards in the world. You're pathetic.
It's pathetic to pretend you know the mind of everyone else when you don't seem to have a firm grasp of your own. I haven't heard of anyone terrified of Muslims, you just made that up. Whites are about 70% of the population so of course more crime is committed by white people. Duh.

Ah, the vision of Trump's America. Hate crimes up, bullying up...but hey, at least we aren't being all "PC" and shit. Who cares if Trump is being used as a pejorative against latino kids in schools,right?
Hate crimes and racial tensions have gone up under obama, long before Trump came on the scene.

OKC was terrorism caused by a person seeking to hijack Christianity. Christians spoke up by the masses to denounce the fucker and call for his death. Christians did not huddle in fear and keep silent over what might happen to them if the spoke out against the man and the act.
McVeigh had long before renounced any Christianity he once had.

Wow a whole 260 so called hate crimes a year.

I guess we should try to see what the requirements are that a crime is a "hate" crime
I have the feeling any crime where muslims are the victim will be labeled a "hate" crime

FYI spraying graffiti on a mosque is not a "hate crime" it's vandalism
I'm sure leaving a burning bag of poop on the front door of a mosque is included in the list of "hate crimes."

Frying bacon in front of a muslim is also a hate crime

If only they would stop killing us.....but alas, they are liberals.....

But they're not killing you as fast as non-Muslim Americans. In fact white Christian men have killed more Americans than any other race, color or religion, but you're not running around terrified of every white man with a gun.

White Americans terrified of Muslims are biggest cowards in the world. You're pathetic.
It's pathetic to pretend you know the mind of everyone else when you don't seem to have a firm grasp of your own. I haven't heard of anyone terrified of Muslims, you just made that up. Whites are about 70% of the population so of course more crime is committed by white people. Duh.

And in the past the percentage of population white was far higher, so focusing on the absolute numbers is even MORE dishonest then the 70% number indicates.

First you go and say "muzzie lovers" insults upon insults, and then you go and say that people like me, who I assume you think I like Islam (for your info I hate all religions) I know a hell of a lot about history.

So, you people can't tell us how many Muslims have been attacked in the US. Can you tell me how many Muslim countries have been controlled by western countries in the last 200 years? You can list them all if you like.

So you are an atheist...

Why are you defending the most vile religion possible? It completely baffles me as an atheist... Most terrorism that is committed is commited by muslims, against other muslims (does this fit into the category "anti-muslim?") Where there are muslims, there is terrorism. Therefore your stupid theories about superior western culture incubating them with terrorism is asinine.
because your bashing Islam while protecting and upholding Christianity. When Christianity is shit

Christianity is nowhere near as shitty as Islam. More liberal false equivalencies, they just can't help themselves.

Where are the hordes of war monger Christian terrorists? Instead they turn their other cheek or whatever... vastly superior morality in any case (compared to you or the muslims).

Yeah, I guess the Christian Germans and the Christian Russians and the Christian British and the Christian French, Italians, Americans etc didn't take part in WW2 with the loss of how many lives?

Yes, and I am talking about Christians today, because, well, we are living today.

Further, can't you seriously come up with a better example? Christianity had pretty much nothing to do with the war. Pathetic...

Christians today like George W. Bush? Invaded Iraq, invaded Afghanistan, the first went totally to hell because of his policy of not actually rebuilding the country properly, getting rid of the Iraqi army and police and creating a vacuum.

That's just one example. There are many examples. While the Christians don't always go and cause problems with guns and bombs, it's a choice never the less.

Islam has suffered in the last 200 years, and it's suffered within most people's memories.

You have Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan, plus Libya and that's only since 9/11. Plus the French in Mali and a few other former colonies. You have interference in many Muslim countries, Iran being an obvious example where there the US caused so many problems, Lebanon, and then you have the support of Israel which some has been legitimate and some of the actions of the Israelis simply hasn't.

Islam today is more a political movement then a religion.
your thinking of chrisitanity, seems there isn't a single christian left in the world just a bunch of genocidal maniacs using religion to fulfill their goals.

Exactly where is this "genocidal maniacs" operating?

Do you even read the news?

Exactly where in the world is Christianity even suggesting a thing like an Islamic caliphate?

I realize that you were once taken to a church where you memory is they tried to drown you, thus you hate Christianity. But do you have to lie about it?
its not a competition

Only if you have no sense of proportion or significance. Admittedly most liberals don't, that's why they so freely construct false equivalencies.

Islam is utter shit, hangs gays, oppresses women... to compare western christianity to that is just plain laughable. They have one thing in common, they are religions.

So, the US doesn't hang people? Didn't repress gay people? Didn't repress black people?

Ever been on a combi in Africa listening to a song sung by the Zambian national choir that was preaching anti-gay? In Africa the Christians are a little less advanced. It's not Christianity that makes people in the US not go around throwing gay people off buildings, they would if they could, it's the rule of law within the USA that does that. A rule of law that gives freedom of religion to all.

its not a competition

Only if you have no sense of proportion or significance. Admittedly most liberals don't, that's why they so freely construct false equivalencies.

Islam is utter shit, hangs gays, oppresses women... to compare western christianity to that is just plain laughable. They have one thing in common, they are religions.
that argument is flawed, what about all the religions other than islam that are more peaceful than christianity, are we supposed condemn and murder all christians because zoroastrians or Shintoists have never hurt a fly?

Where did I say that we are supposed to murder all Muslims?

Try to keep up!
one of your friends in this thread did? its not hard to find so-called christians that freely suggest genocide against all 1.5 billion muslims

Who said we need to kill all muslims?

Are you sure that you aren't imagining things?

Who? There are people out there that say this.

Go onto Stormfront and you might find quite a few who support this idea.

Between the anti-muslim attacks (hard to ever come by), and the muslim attacks (very relevant) liberal attempting a cheap false equivalency would obviously focus on the anti-muslim attacks.

Especially right after a bombing that could very well be the fault of the Islamists.

It's not equivalent? Innocent Muslim-Americans being killed is not equivalent to innocent non-Muslims being killed?

hate-crimes-chart-1449181453.jpg

Islam today is more a political movement then a religion.
your thinking of chrisitanity, seems there isn't a single christian left in the world just a bunch of genocidal maniacs using religion to fulfill their goals.

Exactly where in the world is Christianity even suggesting a thing like an Islamic caliphate?

I realize that you were once taken to a church where you memory is they tried to drown you, thus you hate Christianity. But do you have to lie about it?
its not a competition

So, the US doesn't hang people? Didn't repress gay people? Didn't repress black people?

Ever been on a combi in Africa listening to a song sung by the Zambian national choir that was preaching anti-gay? In Africa the Christians are a little less advanced. It's not Christianity that makes people in the US not go around throwing gay people off buildings, they would if they could, it's the rule of law within the USA that does that. A rule of law that gives freedom of religion to all.

That is the biggest bunch of left wing BS I think I might have ever read. Quite an amazing bit of down right lying, But the sad part is, that for most people what you posted is a lie. For you it is reality.

its not a competition

That is the biggest bunch of left wing BS I think I might have ever read. Quite an amazing bit of down right lying, But the sad part is, that for most people what you posted is a lie. For you it is reality.

Really? Which part is a lie, and what is the truth then? I mean, it's oh so easy to tell someone something is rubbish, but it's a little harder to go into specifics.

Christians today like George W. Bush? Invaded Iraq, invaded Afghanistan, the first went totally to hell because of his policy of not actually rebuilding the country properly, getting rid of the Iraqi army and police and creating a vacuum.

That's just one example. There are many examples. While the Christians don't always go and cause problems with guns and bombs, it's a choice never the less.

Islam has suffered in the last 200 years, and it's suffered within most people's memories.

You have Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan, plus Libya and that's only since 9/11. Plus the French in Mali and a few other former colonies. You have interference in many Muslim countries, Iran being an obvious example where there the US caused so many problems, Lebanon, and then you have the support of Israel which some has been legitimate and some of the actions of the Israelis simply hasn't.

See, this is why you can't be taken seriously.You really don't know jack and just parrot idiotic drivel.

See, this is why you can't be taken seriously.You really don't know jack and just parrot idiotic drivel.

You tell me I don't know anything, yet when I ask you for sources, facts, figures etc, I get nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I don't know anything? Which part of what I said isn't true?

The US went into Iraq twice. True or false?
The US went into Afghanistan. True or false?
The US interfered in Iran in the 1970s and earlier. True or false?
The US was in Lebanon. True or False.
The US has supported Israel. True or false?

Here's a refresher on all those 'moderate' Muslims, both those squatting here in the State waiting for more to arrive and eventually murder half the country and run it their way, believe and want. There are still those trying to peddle the myth that it's a 'religion', despite the fact that it's a political ideology, not a religion', it has no real theology of any kind, just a few excuses for banditry, murder, looting, and slavery.

Polls of Islamic Beliefs Made Over Several Years

Only idiots or frothing lunatic vermin think bringing in a million Syrian Muslims into the U.S. is 'reasonable'.

Forum List

Back