Any wrestling fans here?

Biff Tannen, do you think Hulk Hogan would have been as big (and Vince able to conquer the territories) if Ric Flair made the juno from NWA?

no. the hulkster is 6'8 and flare is a small guy. hulkster would have whooped his ass had flare dared step into the ring with him. lol. hogan almost killed andre when he bodyslammed him. the giant weighd like 700 pounds to. no way flare could beat hulkster

Someone should have told Owen Hart it was scripted.
On May 23, 1999, Hart fell to his death in Kansas City, Missouri during the Over the Edge pay-per-view event.[57] Hart was in the process of being lowered via harness and grapple line into the ring from the rafters of Kemper Arena for a booked Intercontinental Championship match against The Godfather. In keeping with the Blazer's new "buffoonish superhero" character, he was to begin a dramatic entrance, being lowered to just above ring level, at which time he would act "entangled", then release himself from the safety harness and fall flat on his face for comedic effect—this necessitated the use of a quick release mechanism. It was an elaboration on a Blue Blazer stunt done previously on the Sunday Night Heat before Survivor Series in 1998.[55] While being lowered into the ring, Hart fell 78 feet (24 m), landing chest-first on the top rope (approximately a foot from the nearest turnbuckle), throwing him into the ring.[58]

Hart had performed the stunt only a few times before. Hart's widow Martha has suggested that, by moving around to get comfortable with both the harness and his cape on, Hart unintentionally triggered an early release. Television viewers did not see the incident. During the fall, a pre-taped vignette was being shown on the pay-per-view broadcast as well as on the monitors in the darkened arena. Afterward, while Hart was being worked on by medical personnel inside the ring, the live event's broadcast showed only the audience. Meanwhile, WWF television announcer Jim Ross repeatedly told those watching live on pay-per-view that what had just transpired was not a wrestling angle or storyline and that Hart was hurt badly, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation.[59] Hart was transported to Truman Medical Center in Kansas City. While several attempts to revive him were made, he died from his injuries. The cause of death was later revealed to be internal bleeding from blunt force trauma.

Someone should have told Owen Hart it was scripted.
On May 23, 1999, Hart fell to his death in Kansas City, Missouri during the Over the Edge pay-per-view event.[57] Hart was in the process of being lowered via harness and grapple line into the ring from the rafters of Kemper Arena for a booked Intercontinental Championship match against The Godfather. In keeping with the Blazer's new "buffoonish superhero" character, he was to begin a dramatic entrance, being lowered to just above ring level, at which time he would act "entangled", then release himself from the safety harness and fall flat on his face for comedic effect—this necessitated the use of a quick release mechanism. It was an elaboration on a Blue Blazer stunt done previously on the Sunday Night Heat before Survivor Series in 1998.[55] While being lowered into the ring, Hart fell 78 feet (24 m), landing chest-first on the top rope (approximately a foot from the nearest turnbuckle), throwing him into the ring.[58]

Hart had performed the stunt only a few times before. Hart's widow Martha has suggested that, by moving around to get comfortable with both the harness and his cape on, Hart unintentionally triggered an early release. Television viewers did not see the incident. During the fall, a pre-taped vignette was being shown on the pay-per-view broadcast as well as on the monitors in the darkened arena. Afterward, while Hart was being worked on by medical personnel inside the ring, the live event's broadcast showed only the audience. Meanwhile, WWF television announcer Jim Ross repeatedly told those watching live on pay-per-view that what had just transpired was not a wrestling angle or storyline and that Hart was hurt badly, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation.[59] Hart was transported to Truman Medical Center in Kansas City. While several attempts to revive him were made, he died from his injuries. The cause of death was later revealed to be internal bleeding from blunt force trauma.

lol. according to you son owen must have faked that and is probably hiding in ontarioe somewhere. gimme a break son. lol. godfather is a bad ass and not one to mess with. prolly cut a slit in the cable so he could win for sure.

lol. according to you son owen must have faked that and is probably hiding in ontarioe somewhere. gimme a break son. lol. godfather is a bad ass and not one to mess with. prolly cut a slit in the cable so he could win for sure.

Well, then you're not listening to me. I already said, performers can be injured while performing. It's basically stunt work. That doesn't change the fact that it's scripted... in fact, it reinforces why it must be strictly scripted. If Godfather cut a slit in the cable, he didn't win anything, he murdered someone and he would've been questioned and arrested. But he is a performer and was as shocked as anyone the equipment failed.

Well, then you're not listening to me. I already said, performers can be injured while performing. It's basically stunt work. That doesn't change the fact that it's scripted... in fact, it reinforces why it must be strictly scripted. If Godfather cut a slit in the cable, he didn't win anything, he murdered someone and he would've been questioned and arrested. But he is a performer and was as shocked as anyone the equipment failed.

lolz. you have more stories then walt disney son. your telling me that godfather didnt have access to that cable before the sporting event started? gimme a break boss. those guys get there HOURS before it starts.

lolz. you have more stories then walt disney son. your telling me that godfather didnt have access to that cable before the sporting event started? gimme a break boss. those guys get there HOURS before it starts.

i'm telling you it was investigated and there was no foul play. even his widow said she thought he accidentally hit the release.

i'm telling you it was investigated and there was no foul play. even his widow said she thought he accidentally hit the release.

she wasnt there so she dont know shit. owen was a great wrestler. he wasnt dumb enough to accidentaly hit the release button while he was above the ring. godfather probably paid someone off. he was making millions. probably learned from vince when he paid the cops off when superfly murdered that whore.

boss thinks that this is fake. lolz. Id like to see him try this.

Those are just cgi computer effects

No way that is real

oh your back. lol. im like cena around here. i am kicking everyones ass

Sure

Don't address my point that those bs cgi effects don't hold up

i dont know what cigs have to do with it. are you the surgen general or something? lolz. effects of cigs have nothing to do with real wrestling. except harley race. he used to smoke before matches. not a good thing to do before you fight for your life.

for you wrestling fans, this isnt aloud anymore because it breaks the athletic commision rules. Fucking brutal.

You do realise that the crossface is a strangle hold right. I dont knwo if wiki is a solid source of proof for any claim. lol. Im going to bed.

Well, no, it's not a strangle hold (which is illegal, btw). It's actually a very old submission hold. But that is beside the point.

I can't find anything other than speculation from tabloid sources that Benoit used the move to kill his son. Nothing official whatsoever, but so what if he did? That doesn't prove professional wrestling is real. I'm quite sure a 250 lb. grown ass man could pile drive a 7-year-old and kill them. That doesn't make wrestling real.... sorry!

Look... I've known fans like you my whole life. I get it.... you believe it's real! Nothing I can say to you is ever going to convince you otherwise. My uncle was in the business and I personally know people in the business. It's all scripted. It was scripted back in the day just like today. It's not "sometimes it's not" it's always scripted. Their job, just like a magician or illusionist, is to make you believe it is real.

I dont think taker throwing mankind off of the cell was scripted pal. lol

Are you putting on an act now? No one could really be this...

Forum List

Back