Any wrestling fans here?

Chris benoite.

It's Benoit and he died in a murder suicide not in the ring.

yeah. his kid died in the basment from the crossface. read up on it buddy.

No, his 7-year-old son was strangled. I did read up on it.

what book? chris used the crossface on him.

On a 7-year-old who was drugged? Where did you get that information?

I read about this on Wikipedia. It's pretty detailed and seems to be verified. Coroner said he died of strangulation. Since there wasn't anyone there, I just wonder how you are so certain about this? Sounds like an urban legend that you just want to believe.

This Biff character is correct. It is thoroughly covered in what is considered the primier work on the topic.

51NFiFSNnRL.jpg

You do realise that the crossface is a strangle hold right. I dont knwo if wiki is a solid source of proof for any claim. lol. Im going to bed.

Well, no, it's not a strangle hold (which is illegal, btw). It's actually a very old submission hold. But that is beside the point.

I can't find anything other than speculation from tabloid sources that Benoit used the move to kill his son. Nothing official whatsoever, but so what if he did? That doesn't prove professional wrestling is real. I'm quite sure a 250 lb. grown ass man could pile drive a 7-year-old and kill them. That doesn't make wrestling real.... sorry!

Look... I've known fans like you my whole life. I get it.... you believe it's real! Nothing I can say to you is ever going to convince you otherwise. My uncle was in the business and I personally know people in the business. It's all scripted. It was scripted back in the day just like today. It's not "sometimes it's not" it's always scripted. Their job, just like a magician or illusionist, is to make you believe it is real.
They are performance artists. Injury can be real and landing on your back 300+ times a year can add up to disability.

This Biff character is correct. It is thoroughly covered in what is considered the primier work on the topic.

HE is claiming that because Benoit killed his son with this wrestling hold, that means wrestling is real and not fake. IS that YOUR belief as well?

I'm telling you, I have first-hand inside information on this... none of it is REAL! It is all 100% scripted. Are the holds real? Yes! Are the participants athletic? Yes, very! Do they train and rehearse the falls and slams? YES! Any other person off the street would be seriously injured if they went into the ring with a pro wrestler using their moves. But that doesn't mean pro wrestling isn't 100% scripted. It is all as scripted and fake as your typical sitcom on television.

Now, if I said... you know that show Cheers? Well, they were acting MOST of the time but sometimes it was REAL! You'd think I was a nut! It's not any different here... Pro wrestling is entertainment. It's 100% scripted and designed to look real and seem real. Obviously, they do a good job of that and have die hard fans who totally believe it.

HE is claiming that because Benoit killed his son with this wrestling hold, that means wrestling is real and not fake. IS that YOUR belief as well?

I'm telling you, I have first-hand inside information on this... none of it is REAL! It is all 100% scripted. Are the holds real? Yes! Are the participants athletic? Yes, very! Do they train and rehearse the falls and slams? YES! Any other person off the street would be seriously injured if they went into the ring with a pro wrestler using their moves. But that doesn't mean pro wrestling isn't 100% scripted. It is all as scripted and fake as your typical sitcom on television.

Now, if I said... you know that show Cheers? Well, they were acting MOST of the time but sometimes it was REAL! You'd think I was a nut! It's not any different here... Pro wrestling is entertainment. It's 100% scripted and designed to look real and seem real. Obviously, they do a good job of that and have die hard fans who totally believe it.

so this guy faked his death? lolz

You do realise that the crossface is a strangle hold right. I dont knwo if wiki is a solid source of proof for any claim. lol. Im going to bed.

Well, no, it's not a strangle hold (which is illegal, btw). It's actually a very old submission hold. But that is beside the point.

I can't find anything other than speculation from tabloid sources that Benoit used the move to kill his son. Nothing official whatsoever, but so what if he did? That doesn't prove professional wrestling is real. I'm quite sure a 250 lb. grown ass man could pile drive a 7-year-old and kill them. That doesn't make wrestling real.... sorry!

Look... I've known fans like you my whole life. I get it.... you believe it's real! Nothing I can say to you is ever going to convince you otherwise. My uncle was in the business and I personally know people in the business. It's all scripted. It was scripted back in the day just like today. It's not "sometimes it's not" it's always scripted. Their job, just like a magician or illusionist, is to make you believe it is real.

I dont think taker throwing mankind off of the cell was scripted pal. lol

I promise, it was.
I don’t believe any of this happy horseshit is real. I sincerely doubt the Benoit family was actually murdered. It’s just supposedly entertainment, like when Brody took one in the stomach from Colon in Puerto Rico. I see this crap and I instantly turn the channel.

I dont think taker throwing mankind off of the cell was scripted pal. lol

I promise, it was.
I don’t believe any of this happy horseshit is real. I sincerely doubt the Benoit family was actually murdered. It’s just supposedly entertainment, like when Brody took one in the stomach from Colon in Puerto Rico. I see this crap and I instantly turn the channel.

i see that your back mr 21 jump street. lol

peter-deluise-21-jump-street-1987-photo-GC.jpg

He’s Mexican. That is obviously a siesta. Go back to trade school, you ignoramus. Between you and that creep DarkFury posting, we as a nation are going fall hopelessly behind in coal production. Go put your helmets on and starting digging.

No, he died unexpectedly in the middle of a scripted wrestling match. It certainly wasn't part of the plan for him to die, was it? And FYI: This was in Mexico and there were two other spinal injuries during the same show. My guess is, they had some unsafe conditions which contributed to the injuries and this particular one cost a man his life.

Nothing you are going to throw at me is going to change what I know from people intimately involved in pro wrestling. If I didn't know these people personally and hadn't had extensive conversations with them about what they do, then I might be inclined to believe you. I know that it sometimes seems like it's very real but that's the whole point. That's exactly what they are supposed to be doing. It's entertainment, plain and simple. Do people sometimes unexpectedly get hurt in the process of performing? Of course they do!

No, he died unexpectedly in the middle of a scripted wrestling match. It certainly wasn't part of the plan for him to die, was it? And FYI: This was in Mexico and there were two other spinal injuries during the same show. My guess is, they had some unsafe conditions which contributed to the injuries and this particular one cost a man his life.

Nothing you are going to throw at me is going to change what I know from people intimately involved in pro wrestling. If I didn't know these people personally and hadn't had extensive conversations with them about what they do, then I might be inclined to believe you. I know that it sometimes seems like it's very real but that's the whole point. That's exactly what they are supposed to be doing. It's entertainment, plain and simple. Do people sometimes unexpectedly get hurt in the process of performing? Of course they do!

you must not no to much then because mexicans take wrestling seriously. i have no doubt that rey did that on purpose. he was trying to win the match! soemtimes death is the only way to accomplish it. i heard the guy had a blade and was going to use it on rey and rey did what any man would do to protect himself and his family.

HaHaHa! Exactly, Citizen Boss. Take it easy on “Chico” Tannen.

Haha... Well, like I said, I've known fans like Biff all my life. You cannot convince them it's not real. The best you ever get is when they admit that... well, maybe SOME of it is scripted....

NO...
ALL of it is scripted, 100% all the time. It HAS to be! It would be impossible to have it both ways and you'd probably end up getting someone seriously hurt far more often than it happens, if that were true.

Haha... Well, like I said, I've known fans like Biff all my life. You cannot convince them it's not real. The best you ever get is when they admit that... well, maybe SOME of it is scripted....

NO...
ALL of it is scripted, 100% all the time. It HAS to be! It would be impossible to have it both ways and you'd probably end up getting someone seriously hurt far more often than it happens, if that were true.
Based on what I’ve read, I know better than to debate you on wrestling, real or fake. You know your onions. It’s just that farm implements like Chico Tannen and DarkFury really get under my skin. They’re the ones who think that Idol’s neck was actually burned by Lawler’s Cosmic Fireball, it’s Goddamn ridiculous. I would rather watch an hour of a video log burning than a second of that bullshit.

NO...
Based on what I’ve read, I know better than to debate you on wrestling, real or fake. You know your onions. It’s just that farm implements like Chico Tannen and DarkFury really get under my skin. They’re the ones who think that Idol’s neck was actually burned by Lawler’s Cosmic Fireball, it’s Goddamn ridiculous. I would rather watch an hour of a video log burning than a second of that bullshit.
Watching a log burning would be more interesting then watching your ratings fall.

Biff Tannen, do you think Hulk Hogan would have been as big (and Vince able to conquer the territories) if Ric Flair made the juno from NWA?

Forum List

Back