Anybody Got Some Idea To Lower Your Heart Rate?

You're the one who started having a go at me for no reason. I was being civil to you then you went mad for some strange reason.
Yeah, so? I’m an anonymous source on an internet message board. Don’t let my words affect you so.

Buy a good pair of running shoes and start off by walking. Then scrap the typical idiotic american diet. Eat more greens. Lots of water. No sugar. Again the IDIOTIC american typical diet of sugar and refined carbs is no good.

I went to the doctor today for my annual physical and it was pretty high. He thinks that I'm suffering with anxiety issues so I was wondering if anybody got any advice for how to cope with it as it affects my breathing too.
FJB

Try a deep breathing exercise to check the result of your heart rate.
First, check your pulse.
Lie on your back on a pad, sofa or bed.
Take deep breaths and hold it as long as you can.
Let your breath out very slowly.
Take another deep breath and hold it, let breath out slowly.
Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
Check pulse.
Repeat breathing process for another 5 minutes.
You should have a significant lowering of heart rate.

I was in a hospital that recommend this method for lowering the rate.
I used to get down to 50-60 beats per minute Try it. It won't hurt.

I went to the doctor today for my annual physical and it was pretty high. He thinks that I'm suffering with anxiety issues so I was wondering if anybody got any advice for how to cope with it as it affects my breathing too.
Listen to a montage of Joe Biden speeches, FJB! An hour of that and you'll be nearly comatose!

Deep breathing exercizes. & meditation as previously noted

i used to practice some Chinese martial arts.. long ago.. Deep breathing works great for calming the whole body... Best to do in a relaxed standing position with good posture... place a hand just below your ribs... you want to feel that your breath is expanding your lower lungs and hold it there before you slowly release. I'm sure you will find many videos for this

Serious upper-heart-rate exercise.
What I used to do is ride bike as fast as possible for 20 minutes or so.
I had a goal of passing at least 1-2 dykes in Spandex. One day I passed 4.
Out here, there's no place to do it like that.

Thanks for are all the helpful tips guys. I really appreciate it. :)

What is your resting heart rate?

About eighty beats per minute if you mean when I'm fine as sometimes my heart speeds up just when I'm sitting or laying down for some strange reason.

I have ischemic heart disease and I take a BP med and a beta blocker (lowers heart rate). I took a nuclear treadmill test this week and after 7.5 minutes of running on an inclined treadmill, my heart rate only hit 100 BPM but I was severely short of breath. My Dr's are concerned with the opposite of your problem. I am glad your heart is healthy.

About eighty beats per minute if you mean when I'm fine as sometimes my heart speeds up just when I'm sitting or laying down for some strange reason.
Test for superventricular tachycardia.
A solid solution(if it shows) is begin with Verapamil 120 1 x a day if rate commonly heads above 120 bps or above while doing nothing.110 resting brings questions to be clarified. My goldfish told me this.....
If it's minus 100 fuckit. Call it a high rate. 80 resting is pretty normal. After a smoke of bolt to the shithouse 120 is OK---should get back to minus 100 in a minute and down to "normal" ----for you---in 5 or so.

If you want to try to set of SVT ? Stand on your head, It may jump to 180-240. If so, It's SVC fer sure. Verapamil (or comparable) forever...like I have been for 25 years.

Your doctor can give you medication to knock your heart rate down.

WHAT IS METOPROLOL?​

Metoprolol is in a class of medications called beta blockers. It works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing the blood vessels so the heart does not have to pump as hard. …emphasis added.j

This medication is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure, to prevent angina (chest pain) and to treat heart attacks. Moreover, extended-release (long-acting) metoprolol is also used in combination with other medications to treat heart failure.

It is marketed under the brand name Lopresor® by Novartis, and Toprol® (in the USA), Seleken® or Selokeen® (elsewhere), Betaloc® by AstraZeneca, and as Corvitol® by Berlin-Chemie AG. Generic brands marketed in the Australasian region include Minax® by Alphapharm, Metrol® by Arrow and Metohexal® under Hexalyou

The normal resting heart rate is anything below 100 and above 59.

I take the prescription drug Metoprolol even though my resting heart rate is below 100. My doctor was worried about a heart valve and over pressure damaging it. I am in my mid 70s.

I just measured my heart rate while typing this and it is 64. At times it drops below 60 when I am resting.

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.

Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats per minute.

The normal resting heart rate is anything below 100 and above 59.

I take the prescription drug Metoprolol even though my resting heart rate is below 100. My doctor was worried about a heart valve and over pressure damaging it. I am in my mid 70s.

I just measured my heart rate while typing this and it is 64. At times it drops below 60 when I am resting.

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.

Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats per minute.
I'm not athletic but my resting heart rate has always been below 50, usually 46-48. Now, at 82, it's in the low 50's.

Friends and I used to 'compete' for lowest heart rate (at this restaurant that had a measuring machine thingy). I always won, and my friends were never above 60 bpm (none of us were overweight).

Aside from medication, the only long term way would be to exercise regularly to increase your cardiovascular endurance and heart efficiency.

Otherwise, if you hold your breath while the nurse is checking it, that usually lowers it a little at that moment.

Forum List

Back