Anybody have 10,000 dollars to spare?

Sherlock Holmes

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2024
About two years ago I built a new PC, I usually do this every five or so years. At that time the (almost) top of the range desktop AMD processor was the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 32 cores, cost about 550 dollars, it had a (multi) benchmark rating of 45,637.

Today looked around to see what's going on in the CPU world, been over a years since I really looked, I found that the AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7995WX, this has 96 cores and runs at 5 GHz, costs 10,000 dollars and has a multi rating of 154,671.

Looks like Intel are really on the back foot here, getting crushed by AMD.

I'm now asking myself - why didn't I wait a year or two...

If I had $10K to spare, I'd put it on Intel right now.
AP is saying it'll be a long time before they recover, so it'll probably be in the next couple weeks. Realistically, expect to hold it for a year or 2 before 50% profit. @ 50%, sell.
Intel is really a buy right now. "Normal" buy price for Intel is $28.

About two years ago I built a new PC, I usually do this every five or so years. At that time the (almost) top of the range desktop AMD processor was the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 32 cores, cost about 550 dollars, it had a (multi) benchmark rating of 45,637.

Today looked around to see what's going on in the CPU world, been over a years since I really looked, I found that the AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7995WX, this has 96 cores and runs at 5 GHz, costs 10,000 dollars and has a multi rating of 154,671.

Looks like Intel are really on the back foot here, getting crushed by AMD.

I'm now asking myself - why didn't I wait a year or two...

I'm hurting man, sorry.

Forum List

Back