🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anyone going to watch the Olympics this year?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Dutch volleyball player who raped 12-year-old British girl qualifies for Paris Olympics​

Here is what he said about the incident after pleading guilty to it.

“Your actions have wrecked your life and you could, had you never come to England and committed these offences, have been a leader in your sport,” Judge Sheridan said. “A young, naive, foolish child had formed the view that you loved her. In reality, you only knew her on the internet, had never met her before and were fully aware of the age difference.”

Upon his release in 2017 after only a quarter of his sentence, Van de Velde, who had wept in court on hearing about the girl’s subsequent self-harm and overdose, said: “I do want to correct all the nonsense that has been written about me when I was locked up. I did not read any of it, on purpose, but I understand that it was quite bad, that I have been branded as a sex monster, as a paedophile. That I am not, really not.

“Everyone can have their opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.”

These remarks drew a withering response from the National Society for Protection of Cruelty to Children, who said: “Van de Velde’s lack of remorse and self-pity is breathtaking, and we can only begin to imagine how distressed his victim must feel if she sees his comments.

“Grooming can leave a child feeling ashamed or even guilty, because they believe they have somehow willingly participated when, in fact, an adult has preyed upon them in order to sexually exploit them.”

The Dutch Olympic committee have yet to comment on Van de Velde’s qualification for Paris, with The Australian reporting that the country’s volleyball federation are still to ratify their final athlete selections. The IOC has been contacted for a response.

Yea, I'm not watching the Olympics this year.

I’m worried the Palestinians and their supporters will disrupt the opening ceremony when the Israeli team marches in - or worse.

I like watching the less popular sports but don’t much care about things like basketball

I usually watch but there are way too many sports I have no interest in

Dutch volleyball player who raped 12-year-old British girl qualifies for Paris Olympics​

“Your actions have wrecked your life and you could, had you never come to England and committed these offences, have been a leader in your sport,” Judge Sheridan said. “A young, naive, foolish child had formed the view that you loved her. In reality, you only knew her on the internet, had never met her before and were fully aware of the age difference.”

Upon his release in 2017 after only a quarter of his sentence, Van de Velde, who had wept in court on hearing about the girl’s subsequent self-harm and overdose, said: “I do want to correct all the nonsense that has been written about me when I was locked up. I did not read any of it, on purpose, but I understand that it was quite bad, that I have been branded as a sex monster, as a paedophile. That I am not, really not.

“Everyone can have their opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.”

These remarks drew a withering response from the National Society for Protection of Cruelty to Children, who said: “Van de Velde’s lack of remorse and self-pity is breathtaking, and we can only begin to imagine how distressed his victim must feel if she sees his comments.

“Grooming can leave a child feeling ashamed or even guilty, because they believe they have somehow willingly participated when, in fact, an adult has preyed upon them in order to sexually exploit them.”

The Dutch Olympic committee have yet to comment on Van de Velde’s qualification for Paris, with The Australian reporting that the country’s volleyball federation are still to ratify their final athlete selections. The IOC has been contacted for a response.

Not this American.

Not since I heard about black power salutes and many disrespectful to the home nation…..well that’s since forever. The kneecap breaking with a pipe….sigh. Crop of lezbo bashing Trump on soccer….yuch!

Will women be competing in men’s wrestling?

If not, no.

Probably not. I don't care much for the Summer Olympics and there's only a limited number of categories in the Winter Olympics which I have any interest in.

What the hell is the matter with France here? Why would they permit this Chomo to cross the border?

Forum List

Back