🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anyone load .308 Win?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I've loaded tons of pistol ammo but rifle is relatively new. Concerned about case length in once-fired brass. Brass is Federal Gold Medal Match. Wondering if I need to trim the case.

I've loaded tons of pistol ammo but rifle is relatively new. Concerned about case length in once-fired brass. Brass is Federal Gold Medal Match. Wondering if I need to trim the case.
My next door neighbor loads .308. He's on a trip till tomorrow morning. I'll ask him for pointers for you.

The Rabbi I talked to my neighbor today by phone and he is delayed a day coming home. But he said 9 times out of 10 he has to trim the case because the heat stretches newly fired rounds. There is a minimum and maximum length for reloading and he doesn't remember offhand but he'll look at his reloaders handbook tomorrow and give me the specs.

The Rabbi I talked to my neighbor today by phone and he is delayed a day coming home. But he said 9 times out of 10 he has to trim the case because the heat stretches newly fired rounds. There is a minimum and maximum length for reloading and he doesn't remember offhand but he'll look at his reloaders handbook tomorrow and give me the specs.
The Rabbi
Case Trim Length Min - 2.005"
Max - 2.015"

I don't yet do 308, but I did make 143 30-06!

Aren't they beautiful?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 116
Normally,when you shoot new brass,it will get longer.The cases should be checked after form firing.It`s really dangerous to shoot too long brass in a chamber.Should not let that happen.

Forum List

Back