Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anyone miss Robin Williams ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I do
It was utterly amazing how it could just switch accents and characters on the fly and then just improv jokes

It seemed to just flow to him

Maybe it would have been nice if he broke character for a serious talk but he rarely did

I just love that he could do any accent or character on the fly

I do
It was utterly amazing how it could just switch accents and characters on the fly and then just improv jokes

Maybe it would have been nice if he broke character for a serious talk but he rarely did

I thought he was a missus?

Just joking. Yes, we miss the doofus.

I do

I used to consider Robin one of the greatest comic geniuses of the 20th century. Sad that all that kidding around really covered up massive personal insecurity, like most comedians.

robin-williams-valerie-velardi-1978.jpg

I do

Cocaine…
He stole lots of material from his Laugh-In days.

We lost a one of a kind talent
I was watching him on his last appearance on Carson and he was outstanding
He was cracking me up

As great a comedian he was, his serious roles in Good Will Hunting, Patch Adams, Dead Poets Society showed how versatile he was

I do

I always thought he was a horrible comedian. Just making things up. Nothing prepared. Just rambling nonsense. I think if you are easily amused he is silly and I think people give him way too much credit for babbling incoherently on stage.

I learned the other day he was very threatened by Jim Carrey. He felt Jim was ripping off his act. That’s an insult to Jim Carrey. Much funnier Than robin williams.

I do

Didn't read you sappy bullshit.

NO

Didn't read you sappy bullshit.

NO
Let me give you a perfect example of how Robin Williams sucked. Here are transcripts from SNL

Robin Williams: [cheers and applause as Robin runs in and dances energetically] Thank you! Thank you! It’s a privilege to be here in New York City where its mayor– Doesn’t Mayor Koch sound a lot like Elmer Fudd or am I crazy? … [Elmer Fudd voice] Uhhh,I’m towing you, hahahahahaha, there is no cowwuption!Hahahaha! … [normal voice] It’s amazing, it’s been an amazing year. Gary Hart has thrown his hat back into the political ring. Actually, more than that –he’s thrown everything into the ring. … People look at Gary and say, “Gary, you’re a sinner!” No, he wasn’t a sinner. He was on a boat, the boat was rockin’, [rocking his hips back and forth] he went,”Hey, what the hell?” … [applause] Yes!

And, for as much as Gary has sinned, people in France look at him and go, [French accent] “What? Did he sleep with a chicken? No! … What eez the big problem there, huh?” If he gets elected, then–They’ll say [deep voice] “Now rise for the President and his First Whatever.” … He walks out, there’s the First Lady goin’, “All right!” [walks like a chicken]… Pecking Gorbachev. [pecking like a chicken]

We also had an amazing fight last night — Mike Tyson!Yes, indeed! [cheers and applause] Michael! Mike Tyson is a combination of Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Michael Jackson. … Yes. [as Mike Tyson] “I’m just gonna hurt him. His face was in the way, I was able to hit him.”Yes, he was there. But the funny thing about the fight is, if you notice, in the corner, all the attendants are wearing rubber gloves! Why is that? [hands on hips, as a boxer] “It’s for safe boxing!” … People going, like, [as a boxer] “Wait a minute, I’m not here to make love with the man, I’m just gonna fight with him!” Scary thing — you think, “Wait a minute,what’s goin’ on?” Is something going on in the clinch that I don’t know about? Are they gettin’ together in the clinch goin’ [as a boxer in a clinch, to his opponent] “Why haven’t you called me?”

NOT FUNNY.

Not really.

I never found his manic "I'm wacky" behavior to be that funny.

He was however a pretty good actor. I enjoyed The dead Poet's Society, and he was good in Good Will Hunting.

Not really.

I never found his manic "I'm wacky" behavior to be that funny.

He was however a pretty good actor. I enjoyed The dead Poet's Society, and he was good in Good Will Hunting.
Yes. I'll give him that. He was a great actor.

His comedy was all over the place. Very rarely did his jokes have a beginning, middle and punch line. He was just flinging shit and hoping for it to stick.

Yelling, saying stupid shit, suddenly a baby voice, now he's talking to himself and arguing, suddenly breaks into a Nixon accent, then an old woman voice, then a gay voice. NOT FUNNY.

And then to find out he was paranoid of Jim Carrey. He felt Jim was doing his act. Sorry Robin but his act was 10 times better than yours. So if you had something to worry about it's that he was doing your act way better than you.

P.S. I no longer look down on people who commit suicide. I had a stomach ache last week and if I had that stomach ache for 2 weeks straight and knew it was never going to stop, I'd do it too. So us people who judge people who commit suicide, we have to remember we are looking at them when we are not mentally or physically in pain. It's easy to say you'd never kill yourself, when you aren't in pain.

I do

I miss him every time I'm told I talk like him and act like him, which I am not trying to do, Robin borrowed my character.

Forum List

Back