Anyone on Effexor

What kind of a man curls into a ball and cries all Night

I thought you were stuck in a physical ball...lol
701803_mqdefault.jpg

I agree you need a cat. I have a good feeling about this cat for you, although there were several others as well.

Hearts Alive Village Animal Clinic

20220313104747.png
20220214181400.png
20220313104728.png

Spunky​

ANIMAL ID
HAV-A-6274
BREED
Domestic Longhair
SEX
Male
Apply for AdoptionDonate
Email to a friendShare to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Pinterest

Hi, I'm Spunky! I'm a little shy in the beginning due to having a rough start in life, but even though I may act shy, I REALLY enjoy pets and attention! I love chin scratches and belly rubs. I also enjoy sitting on your lap and will ask you endlessly for permission. I am a vocal boy who loves human companionship and I'm okay around other cats or dogs. It just takes a few days for me to warm up to new environments, but once I do, I'm extremely happy and show it with purrs. I need someone who understands that it takes a little time for me to adjust to a new home and even though I may seem scared, I still desireaffection and forever home to love me.

My new psychiatrist thinks my current drug may cause dementia
She recommends I try Effexor for ocd and anxiety

I told her I would try it in month

This is my field. Effexor is an atypical antidepressant. Most are SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors). This would include Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, and many others.

Effexor works on both Serotonin and Norepinephrine (SNRI). If Lexapro or other standard antidepressants are not working Effexor might. In also has a fairly strong anti-anxiety action for many people. Most people start at 75mg a day and go up to 150mg.

It may curb your appetite initially, also sex drive. Most antidepressants take 2-4 weeks to reach a therapeutic level. Good luck. :thup:

Did you check out the cat I picked for you yet?

This is my field. Effexor is an atypical antidepressant. Most are SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors). This would include Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, and many others.

Effexor works on both Serotonin and Norepinephrine (SNRI). If Lexapro or other standard antidepressants are not working Effexor might. In also has a fairly strong anti-anxiety action for many people. Most people start at 75mg a day and go up to 150mg.

It may curb your appetite initially, also sex drive. Most antidepressants take 2-4 weeks to reach a therapeutic level. Good luck. :thup:
I take Effexor, it has worked well for depression and anxiety, better than other things I have had which didn’t help anxiety. Few side effects too.

I take Effexor, it has worked well for depression and anxiety, better than other things I have had which didn’t help anxiety. Few side effects too.

It's a great medication. Definitely a first call if an SSRI is not effective. Pure depression seems to be more biochemically related to serotonin. OCD or anxiety with depression seems to also have a norepinephrine component.

Bi-polar seems to be almost purely norepinephrine. The anti-convulsant medications used for Bipolar work on norepinephrine in the cortex. SSRI's and effexor work in the limbic system in the mid brain. This area controls sleep/wakefulness, sex drive, appetite, and mood. Hence the the reason why these symptoms tend to appear with depression.

It's a great medication. Definitely a first call if an SSRI is not effective. Pure depression seems to be more biochemically related to serotonin. OCD or anxiety with depression seems to also have a norepinephrine component.

Bi-polar seems to be almost purely norepinephrine. The anti-convulsant medications used for Bipolar work on norepinephrine in the cortex. SSRI's and effexor work in the limbic system in the mid brain. This area controls sleep/wakefulness, sex drive, appetite, and mood. Hence the the reason why these symptoms tend to appear with depression.
That is interesting, I also take lamictal for the anxiety part, just started it though.

Saw a really unhappy woman on Effexor and told her about this thread.

She was really pissed that she hadn't been able to copyright the name she had given the horse she was riding.

Coyote
So N has a big Ocd and anxiety factor ??

new drugs in the future are trying to target glutamate for ocd

Forum List

Back