Anyone want to chase down tax dodgers?

CodeBreaker

Rookie
Aug 4, 2013
Recently the EU estimated their losses per year due to tax evasion at one trillion euros. It's thought as much as thirty trillion euros sits socked away in places like the Cayman Islands, all due to shameless tax evasion.

Does anybody believe the problem isn't at least as bad here? After all, we have a political party actively fighting to decimate our IRS. (Conservatives, believing fervently in exceptionalism, want a free pass on taxes.)

Losses?

This makes the assumption that governments are entitled to our money.

In addition, it is these same governments that have written the tax code that allows for sheltering of money.

If government received everything they thought they were owed, we'd all be dirt poor and only the government would be wealthy.

I'll try not to cry to hard for these 'losses'.

Recently the EU estimated their losses per year due to tax evasion at one trillion euros. It's thought as much as thirty trillion euros sits socked away in places like the Cayman Islands, all due to shameless tax evasion.

Does anybody believe the problem isn't at least as bad here? After all, we have a political party actively fighting to decimate our IRS. (Conservatives, believing fervently in exceptionalism, want a free pass on taxes.)

Whatever... this is only valid if one assumes the gubmint is entitled to 100% of your money.

I thought it was the job of the IRS to track criminal activity of this type.

What's the question

Losses?

I'm not talking about the LEGAL avoidance of taxes though I admit that's way out of control. I'm talking about people like you who don't pay their taxes ILLEGALLY.

I think if a vigilante group hunts you down like the dirty illegal you are, that's all the better for me, pal.

Our system, though often corrupted by the rich and powerful, is what it is. You need to move to Somalia where piracy is more accepted.

It's the same old story. Stupid democrats create a complicated tax code and they are shocked, I say shocked that they are outsmarted by corporate CEO's. The liberal media downplays every criminal act by the democrat party and stupid liberals educated by the pop-media whine that it's those dastardly conservatives again. Enron flourished under the Clinton administration. Clinton thumbed his nose at the justice dept when he pardoned the most notorious corporate criminal in the world, Marc Rich, while he was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Corporations ain't your enemy lefties. Ignorance and bigotry is.

Whatever... this is only valid if one assumes the gubmint is entitled to 100% of your money.

Hey, next time they come over the hill, don't call on the marines, you haven't paid your share, you freeloader.

Who's watching the IRS? Who's watching Congress?

Congress is corrupt up to its eyeballs. But frankly I'm worried about who is watching YOU if you're a tax dodger.

I'm worried more about our government at this stage. You should be more worried about a government that's nearly 17 trillion in debt and not so much about the guy who has his money parked elsewhere. But, you seem to be a big government kind of guy that's bitching because the government didn't get it all.

Hey, next time they come over the hill, don't call on the marines, you haven't paid your share, you freeloader.

So you know that the poster is a freeloader, huh? :eusa_whistle:

You're going to go far on this board, be sure to where a hardhat, you're going to need one.

Losses?

I'm not talking about the LEGAL avoidance of taxes though I admit that's way out of control. I'm talking about people like you who don't pay their taxes ILLEGALLY.

I think if a vigilante group hunts you down like the dirty illegal you are, that's all the better for me, pal.

Our system, though often corrupted by the rich and powerful, is what it is. You need to move to Somalia where piracy is more accepted.
Someone want to translate this for Me?

There is no such thing as the 'legal avoidance of taxes'. Are you assuming that government gives us, corporations, and others, money back at the end of the tax year? Do you even understand how taxation works?

A vigilante group? You mean the IRS? (Don't fry Me Herbie, its a rhetorical!)

You are correct about one thing. The system is corrupted by the rich and powerful. And the people, for some reason, keep voting them back into office.

Someone want to translate this for Me?

There is no such thing as the 'legal avoidance of taxes'.

Do you even understand how taxation works?

The system is corrupted by the rich and powerful. And the people, for some reason, keep voting them back into office.

Well I don't really speak conservative (too primitive) but I'll give it a try.

Speaking very slowly so you just might get it, you can legally avoid taxes with all sorts of gimmicks. When you cross the line and not pay taxes and you haven't previously paid some congressman to make a loophole for you, then you are evading taxes, and that is illegal.

And yes, kimosabe, I do know how taxation works. Do you know how an economy works?

The people keep voting the crooks back into office because they like getting goodies like a broken tax agency. Nobody loves a free lunch like a conservative.

So you know that the poster is a freeloader, huh? :eusa_whistle:

You're going to go far on this board, be sure to where a hardhat, you're going to need one.

I have to admit, I don't know anybody on this forum, but I'm trying to pick a fight. It's been my experience that if you don't start swinging fast and hard, conservatives tend to scurry away like gutless cockroaches. So let them come. I'll be checking for nasty posts once a day for at least a while.

It's the same old story. Stupid democrats create a complicated tax code and they are shocked, I say shocked that they are outsmarted by corporate CEO's. The liberal media downplays every criminal act by the democrat party and stupid liberals educated by the pop-media whine that it's those dastardly conservatives again. Enron flourished under the Clinton administration. Clinton thumbed his nose at the justice dept when he pardoned the most notorious corporate criminal in the world, Marc Rich, while he was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Corporations ain't your enemy lefties. Ignorance and bigotry is.

And I know just where they're giving out ignorance and bigotry like it's manna from heaven. (Limbaugh comes immediately to mind.)

The tax code is idiotic because we've allowed our congressmen to be beholden to whoever can fill their campaign coffers. They regularly stick in special clauses for their best buddies, but, of course, you have to have money to play that game. Is it the honest businessman's fault the people with the deepest pockets are other not-so-honest businessmen? Of course not. I've got nothing against any organization that can improve lives. I do have something against those who twist our laws unfairly in their favor, like the sugar growers of Cuban descent in Florida.

I wouldn't bother saving Clinton if he (and his wife) were the only ones drowning and I was sitting on all the life preservers. It's hard to make up my mind who is worse. Bill's from the same place WalMart's from and being such good businessmen, last I heard, they give their new employees instructions on how to get food stamps so that the Waltons can continue being wealthy, paying dirt wages, on OUR dime.

Tax avoidance is perfectly legal.

Tax evasion is not.

I have an accountant who I instruct to keep every dime possible away from the govt....utilizing all tax laws.

Forum List

Back