AOC Flunks Economics 101

That program NETTED...5 billion for the US taxpayer

The U.S. government expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from the renewable-energy loan program that funded flops including Solyndra LLC, supporting President Barack Obama’s decision to back low-carbon technologies.

The Department of Energy has disbursed about half of $32.4 billion allocated to spur innovation, and the expected return will be detailed in a report due to be released as soon as tomorrow, according to an official who helped put together the data.

Expects to earn, moron. They also expected Solyndra to repay their loans. LOL!

When I make a claim I can support it

The only thing you support is your idiocy.

Moon Bat stupidity is always based upon expectations. Never reality.

Meanwhile that idiot Obama increased poverty, decreased family income, had eight years of dismal economic growth and put our children $10 trillion in debt.

He didn't net jackshit.

1) He was talking about a particular program.

2) Quit blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.

Trump added two trillion in debt in his " Greast, wonderfu;, best economy of all time. How the fuck does that happen?

You are confused Moon Bat.

The economy was doing great for six years under Bush until you idiot Libtards elected that filthy 2007 Democrat Congress. Then, with corrupt and incompetent Democrat leadership in Congress like Barney Queerboy, the economy went to hell.

Stop blaming Democrat failures including eight years of tremendous debt and dismal Obama economic growth on Bush. That just make you look dumber than we already thought you were, if that is possible.
The Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007. The recession started 4th quarter of 2006. So show me the actions the Democrats passed & Bush signed that caused the recession.

Shall I wait?

The Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007. The recession started 4th quarter of 2006.

View attachment 248046

https://www.nber.org/cycles.html

Are you a liar? Or an idiot?
Obviously, I meant to type 2007 if you bothered to pull your head of our your accounting ass & read it.

Is all government spending borrowed money??? Is that what you are saying?

Look. some asshole said this: "And until the $34.2 billion is repaid, only a stupid asshole would claim it made a profit."

So do banks count outstanding loans against their income when determining their profit?

You seem to contradicting the asshole that said that stuff I just quoted.

Is all government spending borrowed money???

Nope.

So do banks count outstanding loans against their income when determining their profit?

Banks look at their cost of funds versus the interest received.
What was the cost of funds for the $34.2 billion they lent to these "green energy" corporations?
If the government paid 2%, that's $684 million in interest they need, every year, to break even.

How much did they get, according to these articles?

Companies have defaulted on $780 million of that — a loss rate of 2.28 percent. The agency also has collected $810 million in interest payments,

Since 2005 for fuck sake.

DURR!

So, are you admitting your statement was stupid? t: "And until the $34.2 billion is repaid, only a stupid asshole would claim it made a profit."

Or are all lending institutions assholes?

I admit that any moron who claims $810 million in interest payments means the program is profitable has never taken an accounting class.
You're avoiding the question.

Did you find the cost of funds yet?
You know, that bit of data that helps determine if loans are profitable or not?
Do banks count their total money in ongoing loans against their income in determining their profits. I know you made a stupid comment. You know you made a stupid comment. Just admit it.

Moon Bat stupidity is always based upon expectations. Never reality.

Meanwhile that idiot Obama increased poverty, decreased family income, had eight years of dismal economic growth and put our children $10 trillion in debt.

He didn't net jackshit.

Trump added two trillion in debt in his " Greast, wonderfu;, best economy of all time. How the fuck does that happen?

The economy was doing great for six years under Bush until you idiot Libtards elected that filthy 2007 Democrat Congress. Then, with corrupt and incompetent Democrat leadership in Congress like Barney Queerboy, the economy went to hell.

Stop blaming Democrat failures including eight years of tremendous debt and dismal Obama economic growth on Bush. That just make you look dumber than we already thought you were, if that is possible.
The Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007. The recession started 4th quarter of 2006. So show me the actions the Democrats passed & Bush signed that caused the recession.

Shall I wait?

The Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007. The recession started 4th quarter of 2006.

View attachment 248046

Obviously, I meant to type 2007 if you bothered to pull your head of our your accounting ass & read it.

You have a real problem with numbers, don't you?

Is all government spending borrowed money???

Nope.

Banks look at their cost of funds versus the interest received.
What was the cost of funds for the $34.2 billion they lent to these "green energy" corporations?
If the government paid 2%, that's $684 million in interest they need, every year, to break even.

How much did they get, according to these articles?

Companies have defaulted on $780 million of that — a loss rate of 2.28 percent. The agency also has collected $810 million in interest payments,

Since 2005 for fuck sake.

DURR!

So, are you admitting your statement was stupid? t: "And until the $34.2 billion is repaid, only a stupid asshole would claim it made a profit."

Or are all lending institutions assholes?

I admit that any moron who claims $810 million in interest payments means the program is profitable has never taken an accounting class.
You're avoiding the question.

Did you find the cost of funds yet?
You know, that bit of data that helps determine if loans are profitable or not?
Do banks count their total money in ongoing loans against their income in determining their profits. I know you made a stupid comment. You know you made a stupid comment. Just admit it.

Accounting Basics | Explanation | AccountingCoach

Educate yourself.

You'll sound less stupid.

Shall I wait?

View attachment 248046

You have a real problem with numbers, don't you?

I'm OK with numbers, typing not so much.

You evientky have a problem with reading & admitting when you make stupid posts.

You evientky have a problem with reading & admitting when you make stupid posts.

house-gif-24673-gif.238659

AOC is young, naive and dumb. She’s the Democrat's village idiot, which is good news for Maxine Waters because she use to have that title.

Kind of like Obama being good news for Jimmy Carter. Once Obama got elected by these stupid Moon Bats Jimmy Carter was no longer the worst President ever. Obama is the undisputed holder of that title.

Not in any President rankings I have seen. Perhaps you can find one that shows what you are saying.

If having increased poverty, decreased family income, increased income disparity, the most increased debt in the history of the world and not even one year of a measly 3% economic growth doesn't get you tops on the list of worst President ever then the people doing the list are idiots.

Just the failure of that disastrous Obamacare by itself should have got the worthless affirmative action Negro the number one spot.

He is only not the worst President by you stupid deranged mentally ill Moon Bats list and we all know how fucked up you are on things like this. I mean you idiots thought Crooked Hillary was the most qualified person in the history of the local galaxy cluster to ever run for President but the dumbass corrupt bitch didn't even know it was the Electoral College that picks the winner.
Notice when you pressure a Trumpette they head toward racism.

Fuck you asshole.,

You stupid Moon Bats elected an unqualified worthless piece of shit as President because you wanted to get your first Negro President so don't get your panties in a wad when we call a spade a spade.

AOC is young, naive and dumb. She’s the Democrat's village idiot, which is good news for Maxine Waters because she use to have that title.

Kind of like Obama being good news for Jimmy Carter. Once Obama got elected by these stupid Moon Bats Jimmy Carter was no longer the worst President ever. Obama is the undisputed holder of that title.

Not in any President rankings I have seen. Perhaps you can find one that shows what you are saying.

If having increased poverty, decreased family income, increased income disparity, the most increased debt in the history of the world and not even one year of a measly 3% economic growth doesn't get you tops on the list of worst President ever then the people doing the list are idiots.

Just the failure of that disastrous Obamacare by itself should have got the worthless affirmative action Negro the number one spot.

He is only not the worst President by you stupid deranged mentally ill Moon Bats list and we all know how fucked up you are on things like this. I mean you idiots thought Crooked Hillary was the most qualified person in the history of the local galaxy cluster to ever run for President but the dumbass corrupt bitch didn't even know it was the Electoral College that picks the winner.

Fuck you asshole.,

Notice that leftists assume any criticism of a black person "must" be racism, because they themselves look at people as being nothing more than skin color.
If you can't see the racism in that post, let me know & I will explain it. I'm thinking that your racism so so inbred into your very being that you can't recognize how racist you people really are.

No, there's the political incorrectness in that post, which I realize that intersectional leftist snowflakes interpret as "racism", and then there's the REAL racism of YOUR post, which leftists are incapable of seeing as racism because it's them doing it.

I'm thinking you're so busy congratulating yourself on how "woke" you are on behalf of race hustlers that you're incapable of seeing that pandering to people on behalf of their race is STILL racism. I'm also thinking that leftists are so inbred in general that they're too stupid to know what real racism is.

As far as our "racism", ie. what dumbass leftists want us to feel guilty about, just fine. The problem is that we just honestly don't give a shit what you think, and we have zero interest in making the likes of you approve of us.

You really need to adjust yourself to the new reality that your accusations of "RACIST!" are going to be ignored.

Overall, the agency has loaned $34.2 billion to a variety of businesses, under a program designed to speed up development of clean-energy technology. Companies have defaulted on $780 million of that — a loss rate of 2.28 percent. The agency also has collected $810 million in interest payments, putting the program $30 million in the black.

They loaned $34.2 billion. $30 million in net interest is less than 0.1%.
If you looked at the interest cost for the government to borrow that $34.2 billion, it's at least 20 times that much.
Annually.

And until the $34.2 billion is repaid, only a stupid asshole would claim it made a profit.

Oh, right, there you are.

So when banks look at their performances, the count all outstanding loans as an expense against their gains?

What is the annual interest expense to the government on the $34.2 billion?
Has the interest received covered that expense yet?
Then subtract out the defaulted loans.
Then get back to me with the profitability of the program.
Hey dimwit...you don't even know the fucking terms of the loans and you're making pronouncements as if you do.

As of 2014 there was a failure rate ON THE DOLLAR AMOUNT loaned to stimulate jobs and green technology of only 2.2% INCLUDING Solyndra.

How long were the loans for. Do you know?

What interest rate was charged? What interest rate was the GOVERNMENT paying? You don't have any of that information do you?

How much of the principal was paid back by 2014? How much now? You don't know?

You're talking out your ass?

Oh.

The fact is...at the rate of failure...(2.2%) over the course of those loans...we stood to make a PROFIT of 5 billion dollars. And we should remember that making a profit was not the goal.

Jobs and advancing technology were the goals...and it MADE MONEY!

Of course given that...Republicans are horrified.

Now crawl back under your rock

Fuck you asshole.,

You stupid Moon Bats elected an unqualified worthless piece of shit as President because you wanted to get your first Negro President so don't get your panties in a wad when we call a spade a spade.
So now you think racism is funny.

Fuck you asshole.,

Notice that leftists assume any criticism of a black person "must" be racism, because they themselves look at people as being nothing more than skin color.
If you can't see the racism in that post, let me know & I will explain it. I'm thinking that your racism so so inbred into your very being that you can't recognize how racist you people really are.

No, there's the political incorrectness in that post, which I realize that intersectional leftist snowflakes interpret as "racism", and then there's the REAL racism of YOUR post, which leftists are incapable of seeing as racism because it's them doing it.

I'm thinking you're so busy congratulating yourself on how "woke" you are on behalf of race hustlers that you're incapable of seeing that pandering to people on behalf of their race is STILL racism. I'm also thinking that leftists are so inbred in general that they're too stupid to know what real racism is.

As far as our "racism", ie. what dumbass leftists want us to feel guilty about, just fine. The problem is that we just honestly don't give a shit what you think, and we have zero interest in making the likes of you approve of us.

You really need to adjust yourself to the new reality that your accusations of "RACIST!" are going to be ignored.
Oh please. Saying political correctness does not excuse the racist comment.

You're thinking???? You ain't fucking think. You are a ignorant, uneducated , Racist protecting Trumpette. If you could think, you would know what a fraud & bigot Trump real[y is,

And I will; call out each & every tome you or one of your fuckbuddy Truimpettes make racist posts. You can ignore them all you want.

Overall, the agency has loaned $34.2 billion to a variety of businesses, under a program designed to speed up development of clean-energy technology. Companies have defaulted on $780 million of that — a loss rate of 2.28 percent. The agency also has collected $810 million in interest payments, putting the program $30 million in the black.

They loaned $34.2 billion. $30 million in net interest is less than 0.1%.
If you looked at the interest cost for the government to borrow that $34.2 billion, it's at least 20 times that much.
Annually.

And until the $34.2 billion is repaid, only a stupid asshole would claim it made a profit.

Oh, right, there you are.

So when banks look at their performances, the count all outstanding loans as an expense against their gains?

What is the annual interest expense to the government on the $34.2 billion?
Has the interest received covered that expense yet?
Then subtract out the defaulted loans.
Then get back to me with the profitability of the program.
Hey dimwit...you don't even know the fucking terms of the loans and you're making pronouncements as if you do.

As of 2014 there was a failure rate ON THE DOLLAR AMOUNT loaned to stimulate jobs and green technology of only 2.2% INCLUDING Solyndra.

How long were the loans for. Do you know?

What interest rate was charged? What interest rate was the GOVERNMENT paying? You don't have any of that information do you?

How much of the principal was paid back by 2014? How much now? You don't know?

You're talking out your ass?

Oh.

The fact is...at the rate of failure...(2.2%) over the course of those loans...we stood to make a PROFIT of 5 billion dollars. And we should remember that making a profit was not the goal.

Jobs and advancing technology were the goals...and it MADE MONEY!

Of course given that...Republicans are horrified.

Now crawl back under your rock

The fact is...at the rate of failure...(2.2%) over the course of those loans...

Based on what interest rate? Based on what borrowing cost for the government?
Sounds like you're talking out of your ass.

we stood to make a PROFIT of 5 billion dollars.
So when you said this.....​

That program NETTED...5 billion for the US taxpayer
You were wrong. Because you didn't include cost of funds.​
and it MADE MONEY!
You're lying. Or stupid.​

Fuck you asshole.,

Oh please. Saying political correctness does not excuse the racist comment.

You're thinking???? You ain't fucking think. You are a ignorant, uneducated , Racist protecting Trumpette. If you could think, you would know what a fraud & bigot Trump real[y is,

And I will; call out each & every tome you or one of your fuckbuddy Truimpettes make racist posts. You can ignore them all you want.

By all means, I would never DREAM of stopping you from calling out people for ludicrously hypocritical accusations made in such an incoherently illiterate fashion that it immediately makes obvious how unqualified you are to say anything about anyone else. Where else can I get such quality entertainment for free?

Please do not let me stop you from making a laughingstock of yourself.

Jesus Christ...Here's how these tax incentives work: The company operates in the jurisdiction, and would normally have to pay $100 in taxes for a given tax period; they are given a 10% tax incentive and only have to pay $90. Multiply this by a gazillion. The tax jurisdiction is STILL COLLECTING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TAXES THAT IT WOULD OTHERWISE NOT HAVE COLLECTED!

Without the incentives, ZERO WOULD BE COLLECTED. Not "less" money; NO money! NO MONEY is "given" to these companies, they simply have to pay less in taxes than they otherwise would.

And after the incentives expire, the collections will be 100% on the dollar.

On what planet is this not good for the tax jurisdiction?

The ONLY REASON such plans are resented and highlighted in the Media are that people are generally stupid and don't understand that it's a good, smart thing to do.

The only exceptions I'm aware of is with sports franchises, where partisans (sports fans) grossly inflate the projected economic benefits in order to justify overblown tax incentives. But this is rare, especially now.

AO-C's ignorance is dangerous. And I'm really tired of seeing that vacuous smile every time I open up a news website.

The fact is, first world Labor can never compete with third world labor, no matter how hard we work.

US firms should be considered immoral for leaving for merely Cheap Labor in our first world economy.

The fact is, first world Labor can never compete with third world labor, no matter how hard we work.

US firms should be considered immoral for leaving for merely Cheap Labor in our first world economy.
So you'd be OK with paying a couple hundred dollars for a pair of jeans?

Tell me how many things do you own that were made by third world labor ?

I bet it's more than zero therefore you are immoral

So you'd be OK with paying a couple hundred dollars for a pair of jeans?

Tell me how many things do you own that were made by third world labor ?

I bet it's more than zero therefore you are immoral
lol. I would be more ok with CEOs earning their exorbitant wages in third world currencies until they help that economy achieve parity with our economy, so their wages will be at parity with the US.

Forum List

Back