CDZ AOC Raises $1,000,000 for Texas Relief

Okay, I un-ignored the OP just long enough to see what she is crowing about.

Her link goes to ActBlue! The same fundraising organization connected to BLM.

I trust NOTHING connected to Act Blue.

And, WHERE'S BIDEN?

Imagine if President Trump hid in his basement when Cuomo was screaming for help

My goodness, y'all can't even just say "Oh that's cool"

It's gotta be something with y'all. Like this post:
doesn't make up for all the other people she is fking over
^ what the heck are you even talking about...just hush!
What has she ever done that the people SHE DESPISES would ever trust her with anything. She is purely POLITICAL. She does nothing unless it benefits the party

If it was a political stunt, it still raised money for food and fresh water for people in need. THAT should be the focus.

No if it was a political stunt her political opportunism should be focus

Of course! That way no one will ever try to help unless it is helping people in their party. Good plan.

The people who will receive aid from the million of dollars might argue with you.

Jeez people. You wonder why some people think political parties are the biggest problem we face?

This women, whether you like her or not, raised a large sum of money to help people in need. And the knee-jerk reaction is to slam her for it? How about a bipartisan Thank You for her efforts. Is that so much to ask? I don't like AOC either. But this is absolutely ridiculous!

What? You’re conveniently leaving out the progressive OP who has littered the thread with posts claiming this is an example of moral superiority by Democrats. Also AOC’s motivation is as transparent as it comes. It’s ok to call her out for it. This is nothing more than a political stunt and you would be naive to think otherwise.

Ask the people who get relief from the money she raised if they gift a shit that she gets political credit for it?

You‘re intentionally missing the point. Yes it’s good people are getting relief. But it’s hard to give her credit when it’s obvious her motivations aren’t pure.

What has she ever done that the people SHE DESPISES would ever trust her with anything. She is purely POLITICAL. She does nothing unless it benefits the party

If it was a political stunt, it still raised money for food and fresh water for people in need. THAT should be the focus.

Of course! That way no one will ever try to help unless it is helping people in their party. Good plan.

The people who will receive aid from the million of dollars might argue with you.

Total non sequitiur.

Are political stunts okay to you, yes or no?

Yes, political stunts are fine if they help folks. I am a cynic - so my feeling on the matter is that EVERYTHING a politician does is a stunt.

Do you disagree?

AOC's political stunt was flying to Texas to help distribute stuff.
Beto's political stunt was calling seniors in Texas to check if they needed food or warmth.
Abbott's political stunt was going on Fox News and saying if we get a Green New Deal, this will be an everyday thing.

Some stunts are for good. Some stunts are for bullshit. That is life.

Yes, political stunts are fine if they help folks. I am a cynic - so my feeling on the matter is that EVERYTHING a politician does is a stunt.

Do you disagree?

No I disagree. This is a self serving act with ulterior motives: Glad we can we agree on that. Being that we agree on that how could you possibly say she deserves any sort of credit whatsoeve?

AOC's political stunt was flying to Texas to help distribute stuff.
Beto's political stunt was calling seniors in Texas to check if they needed food or warmth.
Abbott's political stunt was going on Fox News and saying if we get a Green New Deal, this will be an everyday thing.

Some stunts are for good. Some stunts are for bullshit. That is life.

There‘s no such thing as a stunt for good. Look up the definition of the word stunt. This was a stunt where there was some good to come out of it, but that doesn’t take away from it being a stunt.

Do you disagree?

No I disagree. This is a self serving act with ulterior motives: Glad we can we agree on that. Being that we agree on that how could you possibly say she deserves any sort of credit whatsoeve?
She deserves credit because she raised 1 million bucks to help Texans and you did and I did not.

EDIT: All political things are stunts, and all politics are a theater.

100% of the donations go to Texas relief.

How is it that a congresswoman from the Bronx cares more about Texans than Texas Republicans?
No.They don't. All Democrats keep 90%. All AOC cares about is Photo ops. What has she done for her district?

Do you disagree?

She deserves credit because she raised 1 million bucks to help Texans and you did and I did not.

Let me give you an analogy. If you donate to a charity to impress a chick and have her give you sex, do you really think you deserve credit for donating to that charity?

Do you disagree?

Let me give you an analogy. If you donate to a charity to impress a chick and have her give you sex, do you really think you deserve credit for donating to that charity?
So money was donated to the charity? Real money?

Then yes, absolutely I give credit there. He could have bought a car to impress her. Charity helps others.

Jeez people. You wonder why some people think political parties are the biggest problem we face?

This women, whether you like her or not, raised a large sum of money to help people in need. And the knee-jerk reaction is to slam her for it? How about a bipartisan Thank You for her efforts. Is that so much to ask? I don't like AOC either. But this is absolutely ridiculous!

What? You’re conveniently leaving out the progressive OP who has littered the thread with posts claiming this is an example of moral superiority by Democrats. Also AOC’s motivation is as transparent as it comes. It’s ok to call her out for it. This is nothing more than a political stunt and you would be naive to think otherwise.

Ask the people who get relief from the money she raised if they gift a shit that she gets political credit for it?

You‘re intentionally missing the point. Yes it’s good people are getting relief. But it’s hard to give her credit when it’s obvious her motivations aren’t pure.

Not pure? lol People are getting relief when they need it. If she gets good PR for it, I have no problem with that.

Total non sequitiur.

Political stunts are a dime a dozen. And people's memories are short.

Again, this is a perfect example of why I dislike political parties. Is this a stunt because she is a politician or is it a stunt because she is a democrat?

Do you disagree?

If I donate to a charity and use that fact for personal gain or if I donate to charity anonymously, the result is the same for the charity.

Do you disagree?

If I donate to a charity and use that fact for personal gain or if I donate to charity anonymously, the result is the same for the charity.
Exactly.

Do you disagree?

So money was donated to the charity? Real money?

Then yes, absolutely I give credit there. He could have bought a car to impress her. Charity helps others.

No you get no credit because you’re just using that charity as a means to benefit yourself. And next you’re going to say yeah, but that‘s what motivates every political act, which is an overly cynically way of looking at things (And I’m a cynic). I can name a million political acts that were not motivated by self serving interests, but i have a feeling you would argue they were because you’re more interested in wining and argument than anything else.

Total non sequitiur.

Political stunts are a dime a dozen. And people's memories are short.

Again, this is a perfect example of why I dislike political parties. Is this a stunt because she is a politician or is it a stunt because she is a democrat?

This has nothing to do with political parties. I’m confused how you think it does.

Do you disagree?

So motivation should never matter. How about if she got people to donate money so she could benefit from some back door deal? Your logic the charity got their money, so she deserves credit.

Forum List

Back