🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AP: Half of U.S. pays no federal income tax

Do us citizens in foreign countries working, pay usa income taxes or are they exempt while working overseas?

They don't pay taxes on the first $70k of earnings. After that they are taxed at the normal rate. Citizens working overseas for a U.S. based company pay taxes at the normal rate on all wages.

And again that is not the most recent data from the right-wing tax foundation.
2010 is more recent than 2009. Ask them why the data was updated.

You're playing dumb.

The Tax Foundation - Record Numbers of People Paying No Income Tax; Over 50 Million "Nonpayers" Include Families Making over $50,000

And the percentages are STILL the same as what I stated.. unlike the made up shit posted by you...

200 25.2% 2001 27.2%

RIGHT FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Eat shit and die

Last edited:
As a worthless piece of shit CON$ervative you just continue to lie ass off. Where exactly did I sat 46% under St Ronnie???? I said 18%!

Clearly I was pointing out how the number went from 18% STARTING with Reagan to the 47% we have now due to GOP tax cuts. Remember you CONS condemn the Dems for raising taxes and worship the GOP as the tax cutters. You CON$ labeled Clinton's 1993 tax bill as the largest peacetime tax increase in history. You can't accuse the Dems of being taxers and then say they cut taxes so much that 50% don't pay income taxes.

Starting with Reagan the number went from 18% to 47%.
Misconstrued.. and that is my bad... took that to be 18-47% under Reagan... again, my bad there...

But the rises now are NOT because of Bush and 'the REPs'.. the recent rises are indeed under Obama and the current congress, and that is ALL on him.. no matter how much you want to continue your little Bush derangement syndrome
CON$ have been accusing Obama of raising taxes all year, so how can he own the tax cuts if he's been raising taxes all year. Hell, McCain accused Obama (and the Dems) of raising taxes before he was even president.

September 26, 2008
McCain: “He has voted in the United States Senate to increase taxes on people who make as low as $42,000.”

Motherfucker... are you really that dense??

Cutting taxes on some so that they pay not taxes.. to increase it on others to pay more taxes... unequal treatment under government....

Not to mention Obama's affinity for handing out entitlements at the expense of those who actually do pay income taxes

Quit while you are behind

You're playing dumb.

The Tax Foundation - Record Numbers of People Paying No Income Tax; Over 50 Million "Nonpayers" Include Families Making over $50,000

And the percentages are STILL the same as what I stated.. unlike the made up shit posted by you...

200 25.2% 2001 27.2%

RIGHT FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Eat shit and die

Even at 25% it doubled under Bush.

Last edited:

You're playing dumb.

200 25.2% 2001 27.2%

RIGHT FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Eat shit and die

And now your backpedaling begins... you LIED.. and you are STILL lying.. it did not double under Bush... it did RISE under Bush... and it is rising EVEN FASTER under Obama

It would be wise to stop your lying now.. because you may fool some of the gullible... but there are a lot who will come back and call you on it.... I used to think you were a bit better than the likes of rdean and sillybozo....

Do us citizens in foreign countries working, pay usa income taxes or are they exempt while working overseas?

It depends how long they are out of the country. Up to approx. $92K of earnings can be excluded, but the ex pat has to be out of the country for a year (I think - if someone has updated info, please post). This income is subject to taxes by the country of residence.

When I've had to deal with ex pat employees, the company has "made them whole" by covering the extra foreign taxes and duplication. IOW, to reimburse them so that their tax burden is what it would have been if they had stayed in the U.S. (if they experience extra tax).

200 25.2% 2001 27.2%

RIGHT FROM YOUR OWN LINK

Eat shit and die

And now your backpedaling begins... you LIED.. and you are STILL lying.. it did not double under Bush... it did RISE under Bush... and it is rising EVEN FASTER under Obama

It would be wise to stop your lying now.. because you may fool some of the gullible... but there are a lot who will come back and call you on it.... I used to think you were a bit better than the likes of rdean and sillybozo....
And you have backpedaled just as much from your 27% so by your own standard you are also a liar. Remember the original link from boedicca broke the groups into 20% groups and showed only the bottom quintile as non-payers when I gave the 20% figure and when I first cited the tax foundation I used their 1 in 4 are non-payers. So I've been more faithful to the data than you.

And that doesn't change the fact that since the 18% non-payers under Reagan, Republican tax policies have caused the bulk of the increase in the number of non payers while the CON$ have accused The Dems of doing it to create a Democratic voting bloc. So if Obama was raising taxes on incomes of $42,000 and up since he was a Senator as CON$ claim, then he can't be responsible for people making $50,000 being non-payers as CON$ also claim.

Admit it CON$ are lying hypocrites.

Why not? Who the fuck are you...someone special? Some people are getting a free ride....time for everyone to start pulling their own weight in the U.S.A. instead of being parasites. It's a FACT that 73% of income taxes are paid by those making more than $300k a year.

I pay about 4 times what a person with a couple kids pays. Same wage level.

So shut up, genius.

You are in fact right...I am a genius....unlike you I have write offs and don't pay 4 times what a person with a couple kids pays. It's dummies like you who are too fucking stupid to take advantage of our tax laws who are calling for the rich to pay more...when in fact if their marginal rate is raised they will simply move their money off shore.

You are full of shit. And earn a neg rep for lying about me.

And you have backpedaled just as much from your 27% so by your own standard you are also a liar. Remember the original link from boedicca broke the groups into 20% groups and showed only the bottom quintile as non-payers when I gave the 20% figure and when I first cited the tax foundation I used their 1 in 4 are non-payers. So I've been more faithful to the data than you.

And that doesn't change the fact that since the 18% non-payers under Reagan, Republican tax policies have caused the bulk of the increase in the number of non payers while the CON$ have accused The Dems of doing it to create a Democratic voting bloc. So if Obama was raising taxes on incomes of $42,000 and up since he was a Senator as CON$ claim, then he can't be responsible for people making $50,000 being non-payers as CON$ also claim.

I have not backpedaled 1 iota.. it was at 27.2% in Bush's first year... it went up to ~36.3% at the end of 2008.... I have not waivered from that.. but have showed over and over again that YOU are the one lying about the numbers you provided... the numbers were RIGHT IN THE BIG MOTHERFUCKING CHART IN THE MIDDLE OF WHAT YOU LINKED.....

You have not been faithful in the data whatsoever (care to quantify your 22.5 clam when that number does not even get mentioned in any of your links??).. you have been disingenuous in every last piece of information you have provided.. and it STILL continues.. you, like rdean, are a lying sack of shit and have no problems lying to support your warped agenda

Obama is raising taxes on select earners, enacting policy to give more handouts at the expense of those taxpayers to non-contributors, and is on the reigns as more and more pay no income tax while the others get higher tax rates....

I was not for unequal taxation under Bush or anyone else.. and I am STILL not for unequal taxation rates now... I was not for some citizens being exempt from income tax before, and I am not for some citizens being exempt from income tax now

You are the lying hypocrite

I have not backpedaled 1 iota.. it was at 27.2% in Bush's first year... it went up to ~36.3% at the end of 2008.... I have not waivered from that.. but have showed over and over again that YOU are the one lying about the numbers you provided... the numbers were RIGHT IN THE BIG MOTHERFUCKING CHART IN THE MIDDLE OF WHAT YOU LINKED.....

You have not been faithful in the data whatsoever (care to quantify your 22.5 clam when that number does not even get mentioned in any of your links??).. you have been disingenuous in every last piece of information you have provided.. and it STILL continues.. you, like rdean, are a lying sack of shit and have no problems lying to support your warped agenda

Obama is raising taxes on select earners, enacting policy to give more handouts at the expense of those taxpayers to non-contributors, and is on the reigns as more and more pay no income tax while the others get higher tax rates....

I was not for unequal taxation under Bush or anyone else.. and I am STILL not for unequal taxation rates now... I was not for some citizens being exempt from income tax before, and I am not for some citizens being exempt from income tax now

27.2% up from 25.2% in his first year of tax cuts. He took office in January 2001 so he owns that 2% increase, so it would have been more honest to say 25.2% to 36.3% by 2008.

And you CON$ keep saying Obama PROMISES not to raise taxes on incomes under $250,000 but has actually broken that promise. So if Obama has been raising taxes on the middle class as CON$ claim, then the continuing increase in non-payers with incomes up to $50,000 is due to the inertia of Bush's and Reagan's tax cuts. After all, CON$ habitually paint the Dems as tax raisers on the middle class as well as the rich and the GOP as tax cutters "across the board."

How can across the board tax cuts not increase the number of non-payers???

But seriously, that 50% who are paying no income taxes are a HUGE voting block with MUCH incentive to elect people who will sustain their exemptions from the federal income tax rolls.
So you admit this is a Republican plot to create a permanent GOP voting bloc. After all, according to the right-wing tax foundation the number of non tax payers started their steady rise under Reagan and accelerated under Bush II.
Oh wait, even though the GOP is responsible for the freeloaders, you CON$ blame the Dems. :cuckoo:

It is always nice to see that the prince of non sequitur is still making non-contributions to the forum.

27.2% up from 25.2% in his first year of tax cuts. He took office in January 2001 so he owns that 2% increase, so it would have been more honest to say 25.2% to 36.3% by 2008.

And you CON$ keep saying Obama PROMISES not to raise taxes on incomes under $250,000 but has actually broken that promise. So if Obama has been raising taxes on the middle class as CON$ claim, then the continuing increase in non-payers with incomes up to $50,000 is due to the inertia of Bush's and Reagan's tax cuts. After all, CON$ habitually paint the Dems as tax raisers on the middle class as well as the rich and the GOP as tax cutters "across the board."

Obama has more of the tax base being paid by less of the people.. more than any time in history

Still care to deal with your made up numbers, or are you in need of a few more bong hits before you start admitting to the complete fabrications??

And now you try the inertia argument right after you lay immediate blame in Bush for his first year... epic super mega uber fail.... crawl back under your rock you ultra partisan hack

Obama has more of the tax base being paid by less of the people.. more than any time in history

Still care to deal with your made up numbers, or are you in need of a few more bong hits before you start admitting to the complete fabrications??

And now you try the inertia argument right after you lay immediate blame in Bush for his first year... epic super mega uber fail.... crawl back under your rock you ultra partisan hack
The number of non-payers was on its way down Clinton's last year so you can't claim it was Clinton's inertia that caused the number of non-payers to increase Bush's first year.

Again from the right-wing taxpayer foundation:
Entering the 2000s with one in four tax filers owing nothing, the nonpayers pool was supercharged by the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003—especially by the doubling of the child credit to $1,000. By 2004, when the credit expansion was fully phased in, the number of nonpayers increased by 10.5 million, a 32-percent jump in the space of four years.

The number of non-payers was on its way down Clinton's last year so you can't claim it was Clinton's inertia that caused the number of non-payers to increase Bush's first year.

Entering the 2000s with one in four tax filers owing nothing, the nonpayers pool was supercharged by the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003—especially by the doubling of the child credit to $1,000. By 2004, when the credit expansion was fully phased in, the number of nonpayers increased by 10.5 million, a 32-percent jump in the space of four years.

And let's have you try and change the subject again

Clinton went down .4% in his last year and he was up all together in his 8... and again.. nobody said there was not an increase under Bush.. and you don't see me defending him... I am arguing against your false and blatantly made up numbers... your double standard as evidenced in your 'inertia' post and your all around bullshit... you try to use the inertia of a policy in the tax cuts but refuse to use the same with Clinton's child deduction changes

You're grasping at straws.. quit while you are behind.. you've been bitch slapped enough

And let's have you try and change the subject again

Clinton went down .4% in his last year and he was up all together in his 8... and again.. nobody said there was not an increase under Bush.. and you don't see me defending him... I am arguing against your false and blatantly made up numbers... your double standard as evidenced in your 'inertia' post and your all around bullshit... you try to use the inertia of a policy in the tax cuts but refuse to use the same with Clinton's child deduction changes

You're grasping at straws.. quit while you are behind.. you've been bitch slapped enough
While you might not be denying the non-payers increased under Bush, you are trying to downplay it and equate the increase in non-payers to a Dem plot to get voters when the evidence is the rate grew most under BUSH. Under Clinton it went up 5.2% over all 8 years even though it was heading down his last year but under Bush it went up 11.1% over 8 years, more than double the rate of Clinton, and 3.7% in Bush's last year alone!
That is definitely inertia!

What does it matter whether non taxpayers increased niore under Clinton or Bush or Obama? How does that in any way affect the problem of half the population paying little or no federal income taxes?

What does it matter whether non taxpayers increased niore under Clinton or Bush or Obama? How does that in any way affect the problem of half the population paying little or no federal income taxes?
It matters because it is a CON$ervative template that the Dems are deliberately creating a voting bloc for themselves of non-paying voters. If that is true what does that say about the stupidity of the GOP to accelerate the process? That's even more telling than the deficit spending under the GOP when they run on small gov and spending cuts!

Don't you CON$ ever get tired of being lied to and used by the GOP????

Forum List

Back