🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AP: Half of U.S. pays no federal income tax

The only difference between the 20% not paying income taxes in 2001 and the 47% now is the Bush tax cuts.
And sorry, I didn't know only CON$ervaTards were allowed to be on both sides of an argument.

Already debunked by a simple search to a non-winger site.. you fucking winger idiot... the % of people not paying income taxes before Bush was not 20%... that is a complete FABRICATION by you and some supporting winger site
You debunked diddily!!! And you know it because you posted no link.

CON$erevative boedicca posted the link that showed only the bottom quintile paid no income tax. Her link only divided groups by quintile.
And here's the radical extremist right-wing tax foundation saying essentially the same thing, only to the exact percent.

Ain't those Bush tax cuts great!
Let's make them permanent so you whining crybabies can bitch permanently!! :rofl:

The Tax Foundation - Record Numbers of People Paying No Income Tax; Over 50 Million "Nonpayers" Include Families Making over $50,000

59 Percent Increase in Nonpayers Since 2000
Entering the 2000s with one in four tax filers owing nothing, the nonpayers pool was supercharged by the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003—especially by the doubling of the child credit to $1,000. By 2004, when the credit expansion was fully phased in, the number of nonpayers increased by 10.5 million, a 32-percent jump in the space of four years.

Wrong asshole... you like to continually get debunked over and over??

From you r own source.. on the first first google hit.. the graph SHOWS that the number for zero tax liability was well above 20%

No go crawl back under your rock

FF214figure1.jpg

Here's an idea bitch...... since you like to whine about cutting taxes on those who pay a higher % than others.... why not put all the citizens at the highest tax bracket and see how much tax cuts and controlled spending are called for

You ignoramus

Last edited:
Tax the poor - Gives them incentive to get rich.

can't get blood out of a turnip, no matter how hard ya try.....:eusa_eh:

Tax the earning.. tax each dollar earned... it's not about the individual or the plight or the sob story or the success story... it is indeed about equal treatment under the law and under government

Unless, that is, you are in the left winger camp of selective equality

Already debunked by a simple search to a non-winger site.. you fucking winger idiot... the % of people not paying income taxes before Bush was not 20%... that is a complete FABRICATION by you and some supporting winger site

CON$erevative boedicca posted the link that showed only the bottom quintile paid no income tax. Her link only divided groups by quintile.
And here's the radical extremist right-wing tax foundation saying essentially the same thing, only to the exact percent.

Let's make them permanent so you whining crybabies can bitch permanently!! :rofl:

The Tax Foundation - Record Numbers of People Paying No Income Tax; Over 50 Million "Nonpayers" Include Families Making over $50,000

Entering the 2000s with one in four tax filers owing nothing, the nonpayers pool was supercharged by the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003—especially by the doubling of the child credit to $1,000. By 2004, when the credit expansion was fully phased in, the number of nonpayers increased by 10.5 million, a 32-percent jump in the space of four years.

From you r own source.. on the first first google hit.. the graph SHOWS that the number for zero tax liability was well above 20%

FF214figure1.jpg

Here's an idea bitch...... since you like to whine about cutting taxes on those who pay a higher % than others.... why not put all the citizens at the highest tax bracket and see how much tax cuts and controlled spending are called for

You ignoramus
You are a typical pathological lying scum CON$ervative who will never admit you are wrong.

One in four is 25%!!!! I was being generous when I used the 1 in 4 tax foundation number. As I said, boedicca's link broke the groups into quintiles (groups of 20%) and the lowest quintile paid no tax and the second quintile did. I even used the ~ which means approximately when I first posted the %. The tax foundation chart actually shows it was ~22.5% before Bush's 2001 tax cuts.

You're now bitching because it only jumped from 22.5% to 50% instead of 20% to 50% under Bush.
BFD, you are pathetic. Grow up, you worthless lying crybaby.

Last edited:

FF214figure1.jpg

You ignoramus
You are a typical pathological lying scum CON$ervative who will never admit you are wrong.

One in four is 25%!!!! I was being generous when I used the 1 in 4 tax foundation number. As I said, boedicca's link broke the groups into quintiles (groups of 20%) and the lowest quintile paid no tax and the second quintile did. I even used the ~ which means approximately when I first posted the %. The tax foundation chart actually shows it was ~22.5% before Bush's 2001 tax cuts.

You're now bitching because it only jumped from 22.5% to 50% instead of 20% to 50% under Bush.
25% is well above 20% as you claimed..... now also notice that in 2006, under Bush with the 'tax cuts' it was up to 32%.. a 7 % increase.. and that since the DEM controlled congress and the entrace of Obama, we are at close to 50% CURRENTLY... hmm... not all the Bush tax cuts, now is it??

ff-20060330.jpg

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/542.html

Let us not forget that Bush took office in 2001, and in that year the number was above 27%

You disingenuous piece of shit

Last edited:

FF214figure1.jpg

You ignoramus

25% is well above 20% as you claimed..... now also notice that in 2006, under Bush with the 'tax cuts' it was up to 32%.. a 7 % increase.. and that since the DEM controlled congress and the entrace of Obama, we are at close to 50% CURRENTLY... hmm... not all the Bush tax cuts, now is it??

ff-20060330.jpg

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

Let us not forget that Bush took office in 2001, and in that year the number was above 27%

You worthless lying scum piece of shit, Bush became president in January 2001 and passed his tax cuts for 2001 and Bush was president till January 2009. Bush OWNS the doubling of the number of workers paying no income taxes. Starting with Reagan the number went from 18% to 47%. You CON$ are trying to buy votes by eliminating taxes on a large voting bloc and then you dishonestly condemn the Dems. Not only that, after habitually calling the Dems TAX RAISERS you are now saying it was the Dems who are actually the tax cutters. :cuckoo: :rofl:
Shame on you worthless GOP scum.

As a CON$ervative it is impossible for you to admit the truth.

From your own link:
Despite the charges of critics that the tax cuts enacted in 2001, 2003 and 2004 favored the “rich,” these cuts actually reduced the tax burden of low- and middle-income taxpayers and shifted the tax burden onto wealthier taxpayers. Tax Foundation economists estimate that for tax year 2004, a record 42.5 million Americans who filed a tax return (one-third of the 131 million returns filed last year) had no tax liability after they took advantage of their credits and deductions. Millions more paid next to nothing.

As Figure 1 and Table 1 show, the number of Americans who paid no income taxes because of the preferences in the tax code has varied greatly since 1950. While the number of these “non-payers” has averaged about 22 percent of all filers over the past five decades, it has spiked to record levels in recent years and the trend line does not appear to be slowing.

Last edited:

ff-20060330.jpg

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

You worthless lying scum piece of shit, Bush became president in January 2001 and passed his tax cuts for 2001 and Bush was president till January 2009. Bush OWNS the doubling of the number of workers paying no income taxes. Starting with Reagan the number went from 18% to 47%. You CON$ are trying to buy votes by eliminating taxes on a large voting bloc and then you dishonestly condemn the Dems. Not only that, after habitually calling the Dems TAX RAISERS you are now saying it was the Dems who are actually the tax cutters. :cuckoo: :rofl:

From your own link:
Despite the charges of critics that the tax cuts enacted in 2001, 2003 and 2004 favored the “rich,” these cuts actually reduced the tax burden of low- and middle-income taxpayers and shifted the tax burden onto wealthier taxpayers. Tax Foundation economists estimate that for tax year 2004, a record 42.5 million Americans who filed a tax return (one-third of the 131 million returns filed last year) had no tax liability after they took advantage of their credits and deductions. Millions more paid next to nothing.

As Figure 1 and Table 1 show, the number of Americans who paid no income taxes because of the preferences in the tax code has varied greatly since 1950. While the number of these “non-payers” has averaged about 22 percent of all filers over the past five decades, it has spiked to record levels in recent years and the trend line does not appear to be slowing.

Why don't you look at the numbers instead of trying to go with your prestaged agenda??

Number when Bush came into office 27.2%... 2006 at 32%... YES IT IS AN INCREASE... and nobody is denying that and nobody is calling it right... but after Obama and the DEM controlled congress took over with THEIR agenda, it has now gone to ~50%... that is the cold hard fact

Your 22% in past decades has nothing to do with Bush or his tax cuts, you lying deceiving piece of shit

All of this also does not sway me from my stance that EVERYONE should be paying the same % of tax on every dollar earned....

As stated.. you put everyone's % at that of the highest bracket, and you will see people yelling for cuts and yelling for controlled spending

Now take your lies and your little preconceived notions and shove them up your ass.. it has been shown that you are trying to manipulate the data to fit your conclusion.. instead of looking at the ACTUAL data and forming the logical conclusion

ff-20060330.jpg

From your own link:

Why don't you look at the numbers instead of trying to go with your prestaged agenda??

Number when Bush came into office 27.2%... 2006 at 32%... YES IT IS AN INCREASE... and nobody is denying that and nobody is calling it right... but after Obama and the DEM controlled congress took over with THEIR agenda, it has now gone to ~50%... that is the cold hard fact

Your 22% in past decades has nothing to do with Bush or his tax cuts, you lying deceiving piece of shit

All of this also does not sway me from my stance that EVERYONE should be paying the same % of tax on every dollar earned....

As stated.. you put everyone's % at that of the highest bracket, and you will see people yelling for cuts and yelling for controlled spending

Now take your lies and your little preconceived notions and shove them up your ass.. it has been shown that you are trying to manipulate the data to fit your conclusion.. instead of looking at the ACTUAL data and forming the logical conclusion

simply not true....

please show us the tax policy legislation changes the Democrats made after taking office that made this rise....

This is ON PRESIDENT BUSH....not because we are Bush Bashing Dave, but because it is the truth and fact....

it's ok when Corporations pay no taxes because they didn't make a profit, but not okay when people are too poor to be taking taxes from them, they are CONDEMNED....

How silly.....

How about the deductions these people get such as the standard deductions, so that they do not owe any taxes,

GET TAKEN AWAY from the suckers that do pay taxes as WELL? huh?

every couple is exempt from about $20 k in income from taxes...EVERY ONE gets these exemptions, the rich and the poor are exempt from paying taxes on these various amounts, depending on single or married etc....

if you are pissed that those that only make $20k end up being tax free....then you should not get this exemptions/deductions from your first 20k either....

ff-20060330.jpg

From your own link:

On the more recent tax foundation chart it was 22.5% which is why you are using their outdated chart. Why don't you ask the right-wing tax foundation why their two charts don't match.

And if the congress is the deciding factor in the economy then all the great economic claims you CON$ make about Reagan actually belong to the Dems!!!!

As a worthless piece of CON$ervoFascist trash, you will never admit the truth.

FF214figure1-large.jpg

From your own link:

simply not true....

please show us the tax policy legislation changes the Democrats made after taking office that made this rise....

This is ON PRESIDENT BUSH....not because we are Bush Bashing Dave, but because it is the truth and fact....

What is on Bush is the increases during his time.. and nobody is denying there were increases... what is being blown out of the water are the phony numbers (such as 20% before Bush.. 46% under Reagan, etc)... and what is being ignored is that while Bush and the Congress under Bush is responsible for their time.. the increase to ~50% now is under Obama and the congress under him for this time.... you don't get to go back and put this on Bush... The entire argument being put forward is disingenuous and has been shown to be with the actual numbers reported and not trying to twist data around like ed is

And as stated SO many times.. the number SHOULD be at 0%... I am for NOBODY getting exempt from paying taxes on the money they earn, no matter how much or how little... equal treatment... not tax raises or cuts unless it is across the board for all citizens, and keeping with the equal rate on all citizens...

On the more recent tax foundation chart it was 22.5% which is why you are using their outdated chart. Why don't you ask the right-wing tax foundation why their two charts don't match.

And if the congress is the deciding factor in the economy then all the great economic claims you CON$ make about Reagan actually belong to the Dems!!!!

FF214figure1-large.jpg

From their most recent data

You are lying

25.2%

27.2%

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/542.html

Last edited:

simply not true....

What is on Bush is the increases during his time.. and nobody is denying there were increases... what is being blown out of the water are the phony numbers (such as 20% before Bush.. 46% under Reagan, etc)... and what is being ignored is that while Bush and the Congress under Bush is responsible for their time.. the increase to ~50% now is under Obama and the congress under him for this time.... you don't get to go back and put this on Bush... The entire argument being put forward is disingenuous and has been shown to be with the actual numbers reported and not trying to twist data around like ed is

And as stated SO many times.. the number SHOULD be at 0%... I am for NOBODY getting exempt from paying taxes on the money they earn, no matter how much or how little... equal treatment... not tax raises or cuts unless it is across the board for all citizens, and keeping with the equal rate on all citizens...
As a worthless piece of shit CON$ervative you just continue to lie ass off. Where exactly did I sat 46% under St Ronnie???? I said 18%!

Clearly I was pointing out how the number went from 18% STARTING with Reagan to the 47% we have now due to GOP tax cuts. Remember you CONS condemn the Dems for raising taxes and worship the GOP as the tax cutters. You CON$ labeled Clinton's 1993 tax bill as the largest peacetime tax increase in history. You can't accuse the Dems of being taxers and then say they cut taxes so much that 50% don't pay income taxes.

simply not true....

As a worthless piece of shit CON$ervative you just continue to lie ass off. Where exactly did I sat 46% under St Ronnie???? I said 18%!

Clearly I was pointing out how the number went from 18% STARTING with Reagan to the 47% we have now due to GOP tax cuts. Remember you CONS condemn the Dems for raising taxes and worship the GOP as the tax cutters. You CON$ labeled Clinton's 1993 tax bill as the largest peacetime tax increase in history. You can't accuse the Dems of being taxers and then say they cut taxes so much that 50% don't pay income taxes.

Starting with Reagan the number went from 18% to 47%.
Misconstrued.. and that is my bad... took that to be 18-47% under Reagan... again, my bad there...

But the rises now are NOT because of Bush and 'the REPs'.. the recent rises are indeed under Obama and the current congress, and that is ALL on him.. no matter how much you want to continue your little Bush derangement syndrome

FF214figure1-large.jpg

From their most recent data

You are lying

25.2%

27.2%

Hey DoofusDave, your "most recent data" link is from 2005 my chart is the most recent and it shows 22.5% before Bush's 2001 tax cuts.
Grow up, child! Become a man and admit the truth!

Also do not forget that yo try and lump all or nothing.. the DEMs do UNEVENLY raise taxes like no tomorrow.. while trying to eliminate taxes on their voter base so that they can buy some more power

And as stated SO many times... I am for the elimination of ALL of that... straight across the board.. every citizen taxed the very same % on every dollar earned.... eliminate this unequal bullshit... and pair that with not allowing deficit spending except in time of dire emergency with something like an 80% congressional approval needed

The increase in those who pay no federal income tax is neither all Bush or all Obama's fault.

The system itself is corrupt. The foundation for the trajectory to get to the point where more people vote themselves the dollars earned by others than actually produce income was established decades ago. Both political parties have contributed to this mess - as have the American people. We let this happen. It's time to end it.

Starting with Reagan the number went from 18% to 47%.
Misconstrued.. and that is my bad... took that to be 18-47% under Reagan... again, my bad there...

But the rises now are NOT because of Bush and 'the REPs'.. the recent rises are indeed under Obama and the current congress, and that is ALL on him.. no matter how much you want to continue your little Bush derangement syndrome
CON$ have been accusing Obama of raising taxes all year, so how can he own the tax cuts if he's been raising taxes all year. Hell, McCain accused Obama (and the Dems) of raising taxes before he was even president.

September 26, 2008
McCain: “He has voted in the United States Senate to increase taxes on people who make as low as $42,000.”

And again that is not the most recent data from the right-wing tax foundation.
2010 is more recent than 2009. Ask them why the data was updated.

You're playing dumb.

The eye-opener in this thread is how strong the consensus is among conservatives

to RAISE TAXES on middle and lower income Americans.

Why not? Who the fuck are you...someone special? Some people are getting a free ride....time for everyone to start pulling their own weight in the U.S.A. instead of being parasites. It's a FACT that 73% of income taxes are paid by those making more than $300k a year.

I pay about 4 times what a person with a couple kids pays. Same wage level.

So shut up, genius.

You are in fact right...I am a genius....unlike you I have write offs and don't pay 4 times what a person with a couple kids pays. It's dummies like you who are too fucking stupid to take advantage of our tax laws who are calling for the rich to pay more...when in fact if their marginal rate is raised they will simply move their money off shore.

Forum List

Back