🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AP: Half of U.S. pays no federal income tax

The eye-opener in this thread is how strong the consensus is among conservatives

to RAISE TAXES on middle and lower income Americans.

Why not? Who the fuck are you...someone special? Some people are getting a free ride....time for everyone to start pulling their own weight in the U.S.A. instead of being parasites. It's a FACT that 73% of income taxes are paid by those making more than $300k a year.

Last edited:
What's super maddening is they're trying to move heaven and earth to exempt congress from all the restrictions and mandates Obamacare puts into place.

The scum.

It's going to be fun to watch, in a twisted way. With a significant majority opposing ObamaCare, Congress passing further legislation to preserve their gold plated benefits is just pouring gasoline on a fire.

The eye-opener in this thread is how strong the consensus is among conservatives

Why not? Who the fuck are you...someone special? Some people are getting a free ride....time for everyone to start pulling their own weight in the U.S.A. instead of being parasites. It's a FACT that 73% of income taxes are paid by those making more than $300k a year.

I don't think tax simplification would really raise taxes for anyone (except those who receive tax credits for doing nothing) - if it is combined with lowering government spending and reducing its ratio of GDP.

The poor and the middle class already pay significant taxes that are embedded in everything they purchase. Reducing that burden will make pricing products and services more competitive.

Well those who dont pay income tax still pay medicare, social security, property taxes, sales taxes, taxes on goods such as cigarettes, alcohol, gasoline, etc etc etc. Plus I essentially give the government an interest free loan over the course of a year before they give it back to me. So even those who dont actually pay the income tax they still contribute to the funding off the government at the federal, state, and local levels. And after the taxes they already pay and paying for necessities poor people have no money left to tax so its a faulty policy to rely on an income tax on poor and the even middle class.

yes indeed... see.. when you pay ZERO, and you have income, that is WRONG.. .especially when someone is paying a high percentage and is funding the entitlements you are voting people in for to ensure you get

So yes... I want to see those ~50% that pay no income tax have their taxes RAISED to ensure they start paying taxes

Well those who dont pay income tax still pay medicare, social security, property taxes, sales taxes, taxes on goods such as cigarettes, alcohol, gasoline, etc etc etc. Plus I essentially give the government an interest free loan over the course of a year before they give it back to me. So even those who dont actually pay the income tax they still contribute to the funding off the government at the federal, state, and local levels. And after the taxes they already pay and paying for necessities poor people have no money left to tax so its a faulty policy to rely on an income tax on poor and the even middle class.

So does everyone else

But unlike you.. I do not believe in selective equality... all should be taxed the exact same way, the exact same amount, on every dollar earned

yes indeed... see.. when you pay ZERO, and you have income, that is WRONG.. .especially when someone is paying a high percentage and is funding the entitlements you are voting people in for to ensure you get

So yes... I want to see those ~50% that pay no income tax have their taxes RAISED to ensure they start paying taxes
So you don't want the Bush tax cuts made permanent!
Thanks.

now your just trying to compare apples to oranges witht the Bush tax cut comment. Simply put, if we are talking about a flat tax, then the Bush Tax Cut would be a non event. Given the current state of things, if the tax cuts expire, tax rates go up. In turn increasing the burden on the top producers of this country along with the middle class

now your just trying to compare apples to oranges witht the Bush tax cut comment. Simply put, if we are talking about a flat tax, then the Bush Tax Cut would be a non event. Given the current state of things, if the tax cuts expire, tax rates go up. In turn increasing the burden on the top producers of this country along with the middle class
According to the link provided by boedicca earlier in this thread, only the bottom 20% paid no income tax in 2001. Now with the Bush tax cuts in place 47% pay no income taxes.

So make up your mind, do you want the poor to pay more taxes or do you want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent so you can whine and bitch permanently?

Ed is asking if we would rather cut off our right or our left hand.

Those are not the only choices, bub. We can simplify and reduce the tax burden for everyone.

AGAIN ED, you asking me if I want the Tax Cuts to expire or not has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what was stated before. If I am talking about sweeping tax reform, so that the burden is equal to EVERY PERSON in the United States, and that includes EVERYONE who DOES NOT pay taxes currently, How can you bring up a completely differnt subject of our CURRENT tax situation. Again, choose an argument to argue and do it, quit switching topics.....

Ed has static pie thinking: reducing taxes for one puts a burden on another.

In reality, if we unburden the economy from excessive spending and an expensive, complicated tax code, everyone can benefit (except for those who depend upon cronyism and transfer payments they don't deserve).

So do I. The difference is I don't get back the $60k a year I pay in income tax...but someone who makes less than me gets back their income tax PLUS a KICKER called EIC at MY EXPENSE! Explain to me how thats fair.

AGAIN ED, you asking me if I want the Tax Cuts to expire or not has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what was stated before. If I am talking about sweeping tax reform, so that the burden is equal to EVERY PERSON in the United States, and that includes EVERYONE who DOES NOT pay taxes currently, How can you bring up a completely differnt subject of our CURRENT tax situation. Again, choose an argument to argue and do it, quit switching topics.....
Read the title of this thread!

The topic is CON$ whining and bitching about the number of people who pay no income taxes after the Bush tax cuts that CON$ want to make permanent.

Now CON$ want to blame Obama for the non-payers calling them his voters, but he wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire which would significantly cut the number paying no income tax.

Now if you want to change the topic to the flat tax, I'm for a flat tax only as long as there are no deductions of any kind, but I would like to know where you stand on the topic of this thread as it relates to the Bush tax cuts.
Do you want to make them permanent as the CON$ and the GOP do or do you want them to expire?

I am adopting a new policy.

I'm not going to respond to posts that are full of false choices and splattered with CON$.

The topic is CON$ whining and bitching about the number of people who pay no income taxes after the Bush tax cuts that CON$ want to make permanent.

Now CON$ want to blame Obama for the non-payers calling them his voters, but he wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire which would significantly cut the number paying no income tax.

Now if you want to change the topic to the flat tax, I'm for a flat tax only as long as there are no deductions of any kind, but I would like to know where you stand on the topic of this thread as it relates to the Bush tax cuts.
Do you want to make them permanent as the CON$ and the GOP do or do you want them to expire?

Bush's tax cuts didn't have a goddam thing to do with poor people paying no taxes. Besides now, you're off your talking points that the Bush tax cuts were for the rich only!!!!:lol: I wish you fucktard hacks would get your stories straight before vomiting all over yourselves.

Last time i'll respond to this line of argument, you started posting about tax cuts when the conversation had shifted. but I'll go on record and say that NO I do not want the Bush Tax cuts to expire in the current tax system we are in. as it may reduce the amount of people that pay NO taxes according to you, it does not solve the problem for folks who make considerable more money that are footing still the majority of the tax bill each year. The progressive tax system has gotten out of control and does nothing but punish the people who have been successful. I don't believe those people should be taxed back up to the 70% range like it was back when Carter left office.

I am adopting a new policy.

I'm not going to respond to posts that are full of false choices and splattered with CON$.
In other words, you don't want to admit it is hypocritical of CON$ to whine and bitch about the number of people who pay no income tax as a result of the Bush tax cuts while they argue for making them permanent.

Bush's tax cuts didn't have a goddam thing to do with poor people paying no taxes. Besides now, you're off your talking points that the Bush tax cuts were for the rich only!!!!:lol: I wish you fucktard hacks would get your stories straight before vomiting all over yourselves.
The only difference between the 20% not paying income taxes in 2001 and the 47% now is the Bush tax cuts.
And sorry, I didn't know only CON$ervaTards were allowed to be on both sides of an argument.

Those $1000/child tax credits knocked a whole bunch of people into the zero category.

Forum List

Back