AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
The anti-Christian nuts truly are a minority:

"Overall, if there’s a conflict, a majority of those questioned think religious liberties should win out over gay rights, according to the poll. While 39 percent said it’s more important for the government to protect gay rights, 56 percent said protection of religious liberties should take precedence."

"59 percent of the poll respondents said wedding-related businesses with religious objections should be allowed to refuse service to gay and lesbian couples."

Trying to force Christians to serve you isn't going to go well.

AP Poll Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin Hot Air

Too bad the OP failed to quote the entire text of the AP Poll.

"That compares with 52 percent in April. Also, 46 percent said businesses more generally should be allowed to refuse service to same-sex couples, while 51 percent said that should not be allowed."

Looks like the nation is coming to it's senses.

Probably take a couple more years before the rightwing rectal pain subsides entirely.

"Overall, if there’s a conflict, a majority of those questioned think religious liberties should win out over gay rights, according to the poll. While 39 percent said it’s more important for the government to protect gay rights, 56 percent said protection of religious liberties should take precedence."

"59 percent of the poll respondents said wedding-related businesses with religious objections should be allowed to refuse service to gay and lesbian couples."

AP Poll Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin Hot Air
Righteous Folk should not be forced to interact with the WIcked - sexual deviants and perverts - homosexuals - in either private or public life.

Righteous Folk should not be forced to interact with the WIcked - sexual deviants and perverts - homosexuals - in either private or public life.

And yet religious folks quite happily interact with the wicked sexual deviants and perverts in their own churches. They even take communion from them.

...And yet religious folks quite happily interact with the wicked sexual deviants and perverts in their own churches. They even take communion from them.
After a religious cleric has been un-masked as one? Not so much.

Ted Haggard said the same thing.

Ted Haggard said the same thing.
Doesn't matter.

He spoke the truth.

Even if he turned out to be a hypocrite.

He spoke the truth.

And, in the final analysis...

Haggard's situation has zero bearing upon the millions of Righteous Folk who should not be forced to interact with homosexuals in either private or public life.

Huge difference.

I'm all for religious liberty and gay rights. The two can both be accomplished.

What's the problem?

Kondor doesn't even want to interact with gay people. They have cooties!

What's the problem?

Sick, depraved, filthy, unclean, sinful, sexual deviants and perverts (homosexuals) don't have cooties.

They have a sickness, of the soul.

The fewer the interactions, the less chance that the pestilence will undermine society.

Since Christians don't get to have special exemptions from the law- you best get busy eliminating the public accomodation laws.

What's the problem?

Sick, depraved, filthy, unclean, sinful, sexual deviants and perverts (homosexuals) don't have cooties.

The fewer the interactions, the less chance that the pestilence will undermine society.
Well you must be pretty butthurt that your reigious hatred got bitchslapped down by the supreme court

I'm a Christian and I've never heard my minister admonish any of the congregation to shun homosexuals. Rather, my minister preaches that we should love our neighbor as ourselves, those without sin should cast the first stone and judge not lest we be judged.

I don't know where this dogma came from, but it came right in the midst of the marriage equality debate.

I think these so-called Christians are using a beautiful faith to serve a bad purpose. And they are using a beneficial amendment to our constitution for a bad purpose. Religious freedom does not mean the freedom to discriminate. It means the freedom to practice one's faith. If that faith is dependent on obscure dogma to perpetuate division, fear and suspicion, it has little to do with the faith I was raised in.

What's the problem?

Exactly what Jesus said.

That was his third greatest commandment.

Oh wait- what did Paul say again?

Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good

"AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin"

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, one having nothing to do with the other.

I'm a Christian and I've never heard my minister admonish any of the congregation to shun homosexuals. Rather, my minister preaches that we should love our neighbor as ourselves, those without sin should cast the first stone and judge not lest we be judged.

I don't know where this dogma came from, but it came right in the midst of the marriage equality debate.

I think these so-called Christians are using a beautiful faith to serve a bad purpose. And they are using a beneficial amendment to our constitution for a bad purpose. Religious freedom does not mean the freedom to discriminate. It means the freedom to practice one's faith. If that faith is dependent on obscure dogma to perpetuate division, fear and suspicion, it has little to do with the faith I was raised in.
There are many great Christian people. You won't find any at the Southern Baptist shithole that Koshergrl attends.

I think this is a good place to again remind ppl that serial killers are without exception sexual deviants, as are homosexuals.

...And yet religious folks quite happily interact with the wicked sexual deviants and perverts in their own churches. They even take communion from them.
After a religious cleric has been un-masked as one? Not so much.
Unmasked by the Public? Or unmasked by the church hierarchy? Those are two different things.....with two totally different results.

I think this is a good place to again remind ppl that serial killers are without exception sexual deviants, as are homosexuals.
I think this is a good place to again remind people that Koshergrl is a living insult against Jesus Christ and everything he stands for.

What's the problem?

Enjoy that cave.

Forum List

Back