🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AP Source: Census Worker hanged with 'fed' on body

This thread was reminding me of The Benny Hill Show. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ]YouTube - -Yakety Sax- Music[/ame]

If it turns out that whoever killed this man was in fact a right wing nutter you can bet your ass that's what will be written over at WND.

While that may be true (wouldn't know I don't read WND) there are already pages here where no proof was required to say things just as wacky from a left perspective.

And ....

You ever see kids at the mall that try to just step on 1 color of tile, usually the 1 there's a lot less of? So you see them hopping wildly to stay on just that 1 color and avoid the others.

I like you A15, but that's what your post reminded me of.

If you want to point out wackiness there's no reason to wait and see what's proven, we've got pages of wackiness right here and none of it required any proof at all.

While that may be true (wouldn't know I don't read WND) there are already pages here where no proof was required to say things just as wacky from a left perspective.

And ....

You ever see kids at the mall that try to just step on 1 color of tile, usually the 1 there's a lot less of? So you see them hopping wildly to stay on just that 1 color and avoid the others.

I like you A15, but that's what your post reminded me of.

If you want to point out wackiness there's no reason to wait and see what's proven, we've got pages of wackiness right here and none of it required any proof at all.

I'm still not tracking on how that relates to my WND crack but whatev.

franklin county moonshine - Google Search

My family is from this area. Yeah, I'm absolutely sure of that.
sorry emma, a link to a google search is damned LAME
Do your own research then on Franklin Co. VA and moonshine.
why would i do research on a county in VA when this happened in KY?

besides, if you actually read this whole thread you would know this census man was advised to be careful going into that area

I don't think where I'm from is quite as backward as the Appalachians but in places where law enforcement or government is seen as a threat it doesn't make much diff what agency you say you're representing, they all get the same welcome. And here's some food for thought that every redneck hick I know already knows: The cops can lie to you.

So put together a general mistrust of the government with the knowledge they can and will lie to you (ask Randy Weaver) and this guy showing up claiming to be from the census...

It's not really hard to imagine how the situation could go very badly.

And if it does turn out to be someone that was "incited" then I think CrusaderFrank made a good point.

its Kentucky, they likely were moonshiners

You watch too much TV. "Moonshiners" damn well know the difference between ATF and census takers.
Who knows if it was moonshiners or not. The folks in the area did not trust ANYONE from the feds. Look, the cops even told him while he was still aliive to be careful because the folks in the area do not like feds:
From the above link:

"...Gilbert Acciardo, a retired Kentucky state trooper who directs an after-school program at the elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher, said he had warned Sparkman to be careful when he did his Census work."I told him on more than one occasion, based on my years in the state police, 'Mr. Sparkman, when you go into those counties, be careful because people are going to perceive you different than they do elsewhere,'" Acciardo said.
"Even though he was with the Census Bureau, sometimes people can view someone with any government agency as 'the government.' I just was afraid that he might meet the wrong character along the way up there," Acciardo said.

Acciardo said he became suspicious when Sparkman didn't show up for work at the after-school program for two days and went to police. Authorities immediately initiated an investigation, he said.
"He was such an innocent person," Acciardo said. "I hate to say that he was naive, but he saw the world as all good, and there's a lot of bad in the world."
Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.
[Emphasis added]

I already posted a link and quoted part of the article showing that the region doesn't trust the federal governement - period.

Which means it wouldn't take much hateful, inciteful rhetoric to push them over that edge.
Ah, "hate speech" drove a backwoods Appalachian ridgerunner to hate the feds.

Ban "hate speech", eh?

And who decides what that 'hate speech' is? And, when the GOP is in power, are you going to be cool when they define what that 'hate speech' is? Or when some corporation lobbies legislators to define new 'hate speech', you'll be cool with that?

Last edited:
whatever....

it WAS an ANTI GOVERNMENT homicide...a fruitless murder because he worked for our gvt

it was a statement AGAINST gvt, just like the okla city bombing///

whatever....

it WAS an ANTI GOVERNMENT homicide...a fruitless murder because he worked for our gvt

it was a statement AGAINST gvt, just like the okla city bombing///
there is no doubt in that, in my mind
but to try and tie this to the peaceful protests is ridiculous

Forum List

Back