AP sues Zimmerman over latest artwork

The work of great artists increase in value over time. I predict GZ's will decrease rapidly.

Barack Obama "Hope" poster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that will be for the courts to decide

the AP just handed him that much more publicity

this one might be tied up for now

but his next one will sell for that much more

--LOL

AP serves George Zimmerman with a cease-and-desist order after he 'stole' their photographer's image for his latest painting

George Zimmerman's recent foray into the art world hasn't exactly earned him much critical praise. But it's definitely garnered him some attention - so much so that it could potentially get him sued by one of the largest news-wire services on earth.
For his latest painting, the man acquitted of murder in the shooting death of unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin has painted a portrait of Florida State Attorney General Angela Corey, who is the woman who decided to charge Zimmerman with murder in Martin's death.
The problem for Zimmerman, however, is that the photo he used as the basis for his painting is owned by the Associated Press, and the wire service doesn't appear too keen on the idea of letting Zimmerman use it free of charge.

George Zimmerman 'stole' image captured by Associated Press photographer for latest painting | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Barack Obama "Hope" poster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope

He was not proven "innocent"... just not guilty..

That's legal hair splitting. No one is ever proved "innocent" in a court of law. However, in objective reality, we know he is innocent, just as we know that force of gravity makes matter accelerate towards the earth at a given velocity.

What we KNOW ... is that the State couldn't prove it's case.. nothing more.
What we know is if the State couldn't prove it's case it didn't have a 'provable case'. AC did her part by breaking the evidence laws in Florida. Bernie did his part by screaming his head off at six women. (I wonder if any of them had ever had a male scream at them?)
The case should never have been brought.
And now ironically AC is partly responsible for making sure George is able to sell his art for tens of thousands of dollars.
I hear a KSA prince bought the first painting George made.

Yes.. I know exactly what I posted... even though my field was civil litigation instead of criminal law.

Is some one's "field" working in a law office making the coffee?
That's like some one claiming to be a "writer" when they 'Vanity publish' a pamphlet about how to wipe a Prince's bum in KSA.

Actually I had a long career in healthcare law and both defense and prosecution of medical malpractice.. and BTW I co-wrote 2 books that have a wide circulation..

You sound like a perfect ass.
You sound like the BSer you've always been.
Do you hold a law degree?
You're the type who will now go to some lawyers office and ask if you can take the lawyers law degree off the wall and look it then come back here and proclaim you have held a 'law degree'.
Not sure 'vanity publishing' a couple of twelve page pamphlets is the same as co-writing "two books".
I'm guessing your neighbors in your retirement home aren't referring to you as "Hemmingway" behind your back.

Forum List

Back