AR15s are not military grade... not even close

Na, not really
you need a military grade barrel, The lower is the easiest part, You need m-4 ramps, You need a trigger that’s up to spec... And that’s just for starters. you need the tools to even get started And most importantly the gun smith knowledge to complete the task.

I am not a gunsmith but I imagine I could fashion most of the parts needed. But, you see, that would be not just a sick bird. It would be illegal and I have no need to do such a thing. It's easier and safer just to get a Firearms License and buy one of the AR-15 Model 601 M-16s that are out there for 3 grand. And own a piece of history.
True, Making one full auto is not anything like the main stream media says it is, in fact they have no clue.
The main stream media lives to alienate second amendment enthusiasts, that’s their job.

Yet I could do it considering I have all the machining tools to almost build one from scratch. But it would be illegal to put the stamp of Military Specs on it,not to mention building it in the first place. And I would have to have a real good reason. It would end up costing more than just buying one of your 500 buck pieces of crap. If I were to go that far, I would either buy the Colt LE6920 or go for the FL License and get the AR-15 Model 601 (M-16) and be done with it. Every once in awhile, they are busting illegal M-16 manufacturing shops who's main sales is done to the various Militia groups.
A lot of firearm manufacturers/gun smiths are moving to South Dakota because of the very friendly firearm manufacturing/gun smithing environment. Not to mention no state income tax.
Smith and Wesson M&p 15’s make wonderful starter rifles for youth, that’s a lot of who I sell to.

A much better starter rifle for a youth is the Model 60 and it costs about a quarter as much as your junk does. More shooters started out on the Model 60 than any other gun. And you just about have to have the building burn down around one to get rid of it or wreck your wood chipper by feeding the model 60 through it.

You are trying to make sales. Naughty, Naughty.
A Smith & Wesson m&p15 is extremely reliable, light and accurate for under 500 bucks.
It checks all of the box’s for a Starter sporting rifle.
In .223 It can be used for anything from squirrels to mule deer here in western South Dakota legally. It has no recoil so the kiddos will not develop a flinch. It is basically weatherproof, Smith Wesson puts a great coating(Melonite coated)on them.

I have always wanted the Hawkens 50 Caliber assault rifle...............LOL

Most favorite gun I've ever shot............

That thing kills on both ends.
Kicks like a mule..............still was fun to shoot.

I sighted in my old Bosses Model 70 338 winchester mag in 1974. I thought I was a hot shooter. I only fired 20 rounds through it. It didn't have anything to soften the kickback on the stock. I ended up with a nice black and blue shoulder over that one. Then I purchased a 444 Marlin. The first time I fired it, I treated it like a Rifle. You know the drill. Securely place the side of your face on the stock. Works well for smaller calibers like ought six and 308s. It felt like someone hit me in the mouth. I learned to treat it more like a shotgun and lightly touch my chin to the stock. I imagine your Hawkins would be fired much the same way for exactly the same reason.

I am not a gunsmith but I imagine I could fashion most of the parts needed. But, you see, that would be not just a sick bird. It would be illegal and I have no need to do such a thing. It's easier and safer just to get a Firearms License and buy one of the AR-15 Model 601 M-16s that are out there for 3 grand. And own a piece of history.
True, Making one full auto is not anything like the main stream media says it is, in fact they have no clue.
The main stream media lives to alienate second amendment enthusiasts, that’s their job.

Yet I could do it considering I have all the machining tools to almost build one from scratch. But it would be illegal to put the stamp of Military Specs on it,not to mention building it in the first place. And I would have to have a real good reason. It would end up costing more than just buying one of your 500 buck pieces of crap. If I were to go that far, I would either buy the Colt LE6920 or go for the FL License and get the AR-15 Model 601 (M-16) and be done with it. Every once in awhile, they are busting illegal M-16 manufacturing shops who's main sales is done to the various Militia groups.
A lot of firearm manufacturers/gun smiths are moving to South Dakota because of the very friendly firearm manufacturing/gun smithing environment. Not to mention no state income tax.
Smith and Wesson M&p 15’s make wonderful starter rifles for youth, that’s a lot of who I sell to.

A much better starter rifle for a youth is the Model 60 and it costs about a quarter as much as your junk does. More shooters started out on the Model 60 than any other gun. And you just about have to have the building burn down around one to get rid of it or wreck your wood chipper by feeding the model 60 through it.

A Smith & Wesson m&p15 is extremely reliable, light and accurate for under 500 bucks.
In .223 It can be used for anything from squirrels to mule deer here in western South Dakota legally. It has no recoil so the kiddos will not develop a flinch. It is basically weatherproof, Smith Wesson puts a great coating(Melonite coated)on them.

The cost of ammo versus the 22LR makes the Model 60 the better choice. While others were ground hog hunting with their 223s, 220 swifts, 22.250s, I was doing the same thing with a Mauser Shavetail single shot 22lr match rifle at the same ranges. I will admit that before everyone showed up, I placed small flags every 50yds for wind speed and direction. They didn't have to worry about that so much but I did. I only fired when everything was perfect. Until they saw me shoot a few times, I got ragged over the scarf over my left eye. Teach a kid to shoot like that is priceless.

I sighted in my old Bosses Model 70 338 winchester mag in 1974. I thought I was a hot shooter. I only fired 20 rounds through it. It didn't have anything to soften the kickback on the stock. I ended up with a nice black and blue shoulder over that one. Then I purchased a 444 Marlin. The first time I fired it, I treated it like a Rifle. You know the drill. Securely place the side of your face on the stock. Works well for smaller calibers like ought six and 308s. It felt like someone hit me in the mouth. I learned to treat it more like a shotgun and lightly touch my chin to the stock. I imagine your Hawkins would be fired much the same way for exactly the same reason.
M14 kicks pretty hard as well........fired one full auto under way for the first time......3rd round was in the sky........LOL

Didn't expect that much of a kick...............single shot was much better.........Gunners mate shot it full auto and walked it back and nailed the target in slight pitching seas........I said..........damn..........do you sleep with that thing..........LOL

M14 kicks pretty hard as well........fired one full auto under way for the first time......3rd round was in the sky........LOL

Didn't expect that much of a kick...............single shot was much better.........Gunners mate shot it full auto and walked it back and nailed the target in slight pitching seas........I said..........damn..........do you sleep with that thing..........LOL

Gunners Mates not only sleep with it, they take it out for Dinner and Movie.

Way back when..........we were supposed to go to Israel but it got cancelled .........I was going to buy their version of the Desert Eagle...............with the full kit..........but the muzzies started firing rockets and we changed liberty ports.

Way back when..........we were supposed to go to Israel but it got cancelled .........I was going to buy their version of the Desert Eagle...............with the full kit..........but the muzzies started firing rockets and we changed liberty ports.

And what would you use a friggin Dessert Eagle for? The answer is, "Any Damned Thing I want to". That's more gun than I can handle and I can handle anything including a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag no problem. I just choose not to handle the 44 mag. It's a question of who is handling who.

And what would you use a friggin Dessert Eagle for? The answer is, "Any Damned Thing I want to". That's more gun than I can handle and I can handle anything including a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag no problem. I just choose not to handle the 44 mag. It's a question of who is handling who.
I wanted it for more of a collectors item.............it's unique...........and with the kit fires different ammo............Israeli's are pretty good on weapons..............

My fathers old 38 special was very accurate and was great to shoot. As far as hunting rifles for small deer..........the 270 is a very good gun for a kid........to learn on.

The cost of ammo versus the 22LR makes the Model 60 the better choice. While others were ground hog hunting with their 223s, 220 swifts, 22.250s, I was doing the same thing with a Mauser Shavetail single shot 22lr match rifle at the same ranges. I will admit that before everyone showed up, I placed small flags every 50yds for wind speed and direction. They didn't have to worry about that so much but I did. I only fired when everything was perfect. Until they saw me shoot a few times, I got ragged over the scarf over my left eye. Teach a kid to shoot like that is priceless.
The county sheriff here puts on youth shooting classes several times a year for 4-h, NRA youth outreach, school Elective classes, FFA, etc. I sponsor them every time I can.
It’s the least I can do, I do sell firearms to the local sheriffs department and to the two military bases nearby for the officers sidearms and For their personal firearms.
The Smith and Wesson M&p15 is a do-it-all sporting rifle for western South Dakota that’s why it’s so popular in my store.
And anyone can afford it

The county sheriff here puts on youth shooting classes several times a year for 4-h, NRA youth outreach, school Elective classes, FFA, etc. I sponsor them every time I can.
It’s the least I can do, I do sell firearms to the local sheriffs department and to the two military bases nearby for the officers sidearms and For their personal firearms.
The Smith and Wesson M&p15 is a do-it-all sporting rifle for western South Dakota that’s why it’s so popular in my store.
And anyone can afford it

It wouldn't work out so well here. Seems the Prairie Dogs are protected, the Coyotes stay hidden well, the deer are too big and the ranges for the deer is just too far. And I want a rifle that can handle elk as well. Ever try and hit a Mountain Sheep with a Rock? That would be about the same thing using a 223 no matter what it's fired on. Like one person said, he preferred the 270 while I prefer the 308. Others might go for the 7mm and others. But you have better have something that can take something down at 500 yds. In fact, I site in at 250 yds and just have to slightly compensate with the 308. Or no compensation at all unless I am entering the Range of the Gods (880 yds or more). The 223 just isn't versatile enough for us Rocky Mountain Bred Boys.

And anyone can afford it

It wouldn't work out so well here. Seems the Prairie Dogs are protected, the Coyotes stay hidden well, the deer are too big and the ranges for the deer is just too far. And I want a rifle that can handle elk as well. Ever try and hit a Mountain Sheep with a Rock? That would be about the same thing using a 223 no matter what it's fired on. Like one person said, he preferred the 270 while I prefer the 308. Others might go for the 7mm and others. But you have better have something that can take something down at 500 yds. In fact, I site in at 250 yds and just have to slightly compensate with the 308. Or no compensation at all unless I am entering the Range of the Gods (880 yds or more). The 223 just isn't versatile enough for us Rocky Mountain Bred Boys.
I lived in Colorado for a few years.........Brothers up there........we used the 30-06 and 7 mm for elk...........

And anyone can afford it

Personally the 223 is not my first choice, But for kids it’s a wonderful choice.
Super cheap, abundant, no recoil, very accurate, short action, light weight...
I like the 308 and 6.8 spc, between Those two will cover anything in North America.
Because shot placement is everything...

The 7mm-08 might be the next best thing though, Ballistic coefficient is off the charts it’s super cheap anymore and it’s a short action and no recoil.

And anyone can afford it

Personally the 223 is not my first choice, But for kids it’s a wonderful choice.
I like the 308 and 6.8 spc, between Those two will cover anything in North America.

The 7mm-08 might be the next best thing though, Ballistic coefficient is off the charts it’s super cheap anymore and it’s a short action and no recoil.

No recoil? Not with my favorite loads. Maybe with a pantywaist load. If I need to hit a Mountain Sheep from one peak to the other, that round had better be moving out. No 150 grain bullets either. I shoot at least a 180 but prefer a 200 or better for the really long shots. I have rarely gotten a shot at less than 200 yds and sometimes had to go out to 500 yds for a Muley. Better to have too much than not enough.

And anyone can afford it

I lived in Colorado for a few years.........Brothers up there........we used the 30-06 and 7 mm for elk...........

For some reason, I lost my taste for Deer. Guess I had it too much at a younger age. But Elk? That's some good eatin'. The first time I ate water buffalo, it tasted like elk. Of course, the meat trucks were being hijacked coming out of Bangkok so that's as close to beef as we could get.

And anyone can afford it

For some reason, I lost my taste for Deer. Guess I had it too much at a younger age. But Elk? That's some good eatin'. The first time I ate water buffalo, it tasted like elk. Of course, the meat trucks were being hijacked coming out of Bangkok so that's as close to beef as we could get.
I love elk but live in the South........No elk here......White Tails.........but hardly ever hunt anymore. Fairly gamey..........way back in the day we took 3 elk and 3 muleys..........had 2 cow elk permits and one bull.........Hunted around Vale Colorado on public land...........The fun begins after you shoot them if your too cheap to rent some horses to get them out. LOL

And anyone can afford it

No recoil? Not with my favorite loads. Maybe with a pantywaist load. If I need to hit a Mountain Sheep from one peak to the other, that round had better be moving out. No 150 grain bullets either. I shoot at least a 180 but prefer a 200 or better for the really long shots. I have rarely gotten a shot at less than 200 yds and sometimes had to go out to 500 yds for a Muley. Better to have too much than not enough.
I currently use...
Technical Information
  • Caliber: 308 Winchester
  • Bullet Weight: 168 Grains
  • Bullet Style: Barnes Tipped Triple-Shock X Bullet Hollow Point Lead-Free
  • Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:
  • Muzzle Velocity: 2600 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 2522 ft. lbs.
I have them built to my rifle, I have a leupold vx3 CDS scope.
No hold over, just range, dial, shoot...

And anyone can afford it

On a side note. I suggest you leave the big bears in Alaska alone if that's all you have. Chances are, the most you are going to do on the first few shots is to piss it off and invite it to dinner with you being the main course. I was backup rifle when I was stationed in AK. I used a 444 marlin. Not that great at long range but you aren't long range for a big Brown or Griz. The other Backup used a 458 Winchester Mag. We backed up people with the pea shooters (anything less than 330 cal). I did get to see just how deadly a professional Bow Hunter was with his bow. He waited until the bear was partially raised up when he hit him in the top of the skull. Neither of our rifles could have penetrated at that spot. His arrow went in about 2 feet with the nastiest expanding arrow head I have ever seen. He never was in serious trouble. I was off to one side and my partner was off to the other side and we were aimed at the Bears knees. The rule for us was 25 feet or 25 seconds regardless of what the hunter does. That way the hunter still gets the kill. We got a copy of the film he made of the kill. And there he was, just him and his cameraman, all alone...............

And anyone can afford it

I love elk but live in the South........No elk here......White Tails.........but hardly ever hunt anymore. Fairly gamey..........way back in the day we took 3 elk and 3 muleys..........had 2 cow elk permits and one bull.........Hunted around Vale Colorado on public land...........The fun begins after you shoot them if your too cheap to rent some horses to get them out. LOL

Always had a horse back at camp. Wouldn't leave home without it. It's been decades since I hunted. They have changed the rules so much I don't think I want to even if I could. Shoot, when I was a kid, Rules, Rules? We don' need no steenkin rules.

And anyone can afford it

Always had a horse back at camp. Wouldn't leave home without it. It's been decades since I hunted. They have changed the rules so much I don't think I want to even if I could. Shoot, when I was a kid, Rules, Rules? We don' need no steenkin rules.
Too many rules..........back then we could rent a horse fairly close by...........but we packed them out.........brutal......

I don't think I could do that now.........too dang old..............but that elk was worth it back then.....Great eating..........the Mule's were good too......................

Too many rules..........back then we could rent a horse fairly close by...........but we packed them out.........brutal......

I don't think I could do that now.........too dang old..............but that elk was worth it back then.....Great eating..........the Mule's were good too......................

Ain't it a bitch gettin' old.

Forum List

Back