Archie Bunker And George Jefferson Would Be Trump Supporters.

If Archie and George were alive today I'm sure they would both be Trump supporters.The Meathead and Lionel would be Antifa and Biden supporters.

See the source image
Archie and George were never alive since they were fictional characters portrayed by actors.

You do know the stuff you watch on TV isn't all real don't you?

While it is meaningless to wonder what long ago fictional characters would think about current events it is certain a guy like Trump would never have a political career in the 1970s.

looking at the stories a society tells itself and the way people react to it, is a valid way to learn about or explore a society.

you want to avoid that, because you know that shedding light on the matter, any matter of substance, will be a problem for your political agenda.

my dad's generation was archies. i never heard any of them talk like he did, about "the jews" or "the blacks".

but i did see them work hard and support their families.

that you consider the generation that actually defeated nazi germany to be the villains, reflects on you.

The "Archie Bunker" character was created by media to mock and poke fun at people who worked for a living and supported their families. Even back in the day, the establishment put a lot more value on sloth and leftard political positions, rather than those who actually worked.

that is why the audience didn't judge the character by the slurs. they knew that was just stupid hollywood.

they judged the character by his actions, and by his obvious love of his family, and his struggles, that they could relate to.

While it is meaningless to wonder what long ago fictional characters would think about current events it is certain a guy like Trump would never have a political career in the 1970s.

looking at the stories a society tells itself and the way people react to it, is a valid way to learn about or explore a society.

you want to avoid that, because you know that shedding light on the matter, any matter of substance, will be a problem for your political agenda.

my dad's generation was archies. i never heard any of them talk like he did, about "the jews" or "the blacks".

that you consider the generation that actually defeated nazi germany to be the villains, reflects on you.
All in the family was the second most liberal show of all time. Archie was presented as bigoted yet ultimately fair-minded for the sake of him learning a moral lesson every so often. If you see anything admirable in the Archie Bunker character it is only because he was written that way by some of the most liberal people who ever worked in television.

If Archie and George were alive today I'm sure they would both be Trump supporters.The Meathead and Lionel would be Antifa and Biden supporters.

See the source image
Archie and George were never alive since they were fictional characters portrayed by actors.

your pretense of not understanding what is going on here, is not credible.

stop playing stupid troll games.

See the source image

What's stupid is pretending fictional characters are real people

All in the family was the second most liberal show of all time. Archie was presented as bigoted yet ultimately fair-minded for the sake of him learning a moral lesson every so often. If you see anything admirable in the Archie Bunker character it is only because he was written that way by some of the most liberal people who ever worked in television.

i made a point about a failure of the character, ie how his bigoted rhetoric did not match the reality of that generation, at that time.

that was the bigotry of the hollywood elite.

that they managed to make the character and the show work, despite that flaw, is a testimony to their other skills and to the actor.

but my point stands. would you like to address it?

See the source image

no it is not. pretending fictional characters are real people, is a great way to get emotionally involved in a story and a great way to understand what the story says about the society that told it, and the society that heard it.

you are stonewalling, because you know that "learning" is something that would be a problem for your political agenda.

See the source image

no it is not. pretending fictional characters are real people, is a great way to get emotionally involved in a story and a great way to understand what the story says about the society that told it, and the society that heard it.

you are stonewalling, because you know that "learning" is something that would be a problem for your political agenda.
Fictional characters are not real people by definition.

And what exactly is my political agenda since you seem to know sooooo much about me?

Sanford and Son was great.Good show.It proved that a black man with little or no education could still make a living by working hard.The junkyard business was honest work.Today Jews run all the scrap yards.

"It proved"? It was a damn TV show, it didn't "prove" anything.

i made a point about a failure of the character, ie how his bigoted rhetoric did not match the reality of that generation, at that time.

that they managed to make the character and the show work, despite that flaw, is a testimony to their other skills and to the actor.

Yeah I was growing up in Alabama at the time and most of my older male relatives were in the Klan. I heard way worse than Archie Bunker every day of the week. To me he seemed like a guy who just had bigoted views out of habit and didn't really hate anyone. He would have never put on a Klan robe and burn a cross. I was surrounded by the real thing from birth.

Yeah I was growing up in Alabama at the time and most of my older male relatives were in the Klan. I heard way worse than Archie Bunker every day of the week. To me he seemed like a guy who just had bigoted views out of habit and didn't really hate anyone. He would have never put on a Klan robe and burn a cross. I was surrounded by the real thing from birth.

Interesting that you came from a Liberal Family with so many lib activists, and you are still a leftard today.

Yep, next you can tell us you're not a racist.

Interesting that you came from a Liberal Family with so many lib activists, and you are still a leftard today.
I know you are trying to be funny but you just sound like an idiot.

The boss of the Triple K in the nation's largest state , Will Quigg, endorsed Mrs. Clinton in 2016 and delivered the state to the D column.

The KKK is a liberal outfit, and always has been.

Yep, next you can tell us you're not a racist.
I'm not. Guaranteed you have more in common with my older relatives than I do. They love Trump as well.

See the source image

What!! Harry Callahan isn't a real person? Bummer.

The boss of the Triple K in the nation's largest state , Will Quigg, endorsed Mrs. Clinton in 2016 and delivered the state to the D column.

The KKK is a liberal outfit, and always has been.
Not going to bite on an argument even you know is bullshit.

Forum List

Back