Archie Bunker And George Jefferson Would Be Trump Supporters.

If Archie and George were alive today I'm sure they would both be Trump supporters.The Meathead and Lionel would be Antifa and Biden supporters.

See the source image
Archie and George were never alive since they were fictional characters portrayed by actors.

You do know the stuff you watch on TV isn't all real don't you?

your pretense of not understanding what is going on here, is not credible.

stop playing stupid troll games.
What's stupid is pretending fictional characters are real people

no it is not. pretending fictional characters are real people, is a great way to get emotionally involved in a story and a great way to understand what the story says about the society that told it, and the society that heard it.

you are stonewalling, because you know that "learning" is something that would be a problem for your political agenda.
Fictional characters are not real people by definition.

And what exactly is my political agenda since you seem to know sooooo much about me?

correct. fictional characters are not real people. that point is utterly irrelevant to everything that has been said in this thread.

your political agenda? something lefty. probably pretty commie of some type. though you are unlikely to admit it.
Guess again, Corky.

well, you are certainly acting like a lefty here,

If Archie and George were alive today I'm sure they would both be Trump supporters.The Meathead and Lionel would be Antifa and Biden supporters.

See the source image
Archie and George were never alive since they were fictional characters portrayed by actors.

no it is not. pretending fictional characters are real people, is a great way to get emotionally involved in a story and a great way to understand what the story says about the society that told it, and the society that heard it.

you are stonewalling, because you know that "learning" is something that would be a problem for your political agenda.

And what exactly is my political agenda since you seem to know sooooo much about me?

correct. fictional characters are not real people. that point is utterly irrelevant to everything that has been said in this thread.

your political agenda? something lefty. probably pretty commie of some type. though you are unlikely to admit it.
Guess again, Corky.

No you just see things from your little pigeonhole and can only comprehend no more than 2 choices when it comes to political stances

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

No you just see things from your little pigeonhole and can only comprehend no more than 2 choices when it comes to political stances

blah, blah, blah.

a lot of really extreme lefties want to distinguish themselves from the more mainstream lefties that are not ideologically pure enough for them.

i am not denying the distinctions you make among yourselves, i just don't care enough about them very much.

do you think that you could do a reverse All in the Family Two, wheren an aged, professor meathead, had to deal with a politically opposed son in law, living in his house on his dime, while banging his daughter? or would granddaughter work better due to time?

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

blah, blah, blah.

a lot of really extreme lefties want to distinguish themselves from the more mainstream lefties that are not ideologically pure enough for them.

i am not denying the distinctions you make among yourselves, i just don't care enough about them very much.

do you think that you could do a reverse All in the Family Two, wheren an aged, professor meathead, had to deal with a politically opposed son in law, living in his house on his dime, while banging his daughter? or would granddaughter work better due to time?

I really don't care how you rationalize your extremely narrow world view.

And I also don't really care about what's on the idiot box as I rarely watch the boob tube.

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

blah, blah, blah.

And I also don't really care about what's on the idiot box as I rarely watch the boob tube.

you care enough to enter a thread about a decades dead tv show and hassle people in it. so there is that.

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

blah, blah, blah.

you care enough to enter a thread about a decades dead tv show and hassle people in it. so there is that.

So now posting an opinion about something is hassling?

Gee then I guess you hassle everyone in every thread you post in too.

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

blah, blah, blah.

not my point. as you know.

my actual point stands. you care enough to be in the thread, posting.

See the source image

Guess again, Corky.

blah, blah, blah.

not my point. as you know.

my actual point stands. you care enough to be in the thread, posting.

No I'm bored enough to be posting here.

Unlike you I realize this entire board is good for nothing but a modicum of entertainment. You people aren't solving the world's problems you know.

George Jefferson was a Republican. There was an episode of All in the Family where he ran for city council because he wanted to change the zoning laws so he could expand one of his stores. He ran as a Republican. Archie was the only member of the Bunker Household to vote for him.

YOu realize those characters were not presented to be the ones the audience sympathized with. They were made the fool in each story because of their intolerance.

The intent was that viewers would think that Archie was an idiot.

The actual result was that viewers agreed with him.

See the source image

So would Victor Maitland and Hannibal Lecter :laughing0301:

The intent was that viewers would think that Archie was an idiot.

The actual result was that viewers agreed with him.

Not really. More like, they thought it was funny to watch someone say the stuff they weren't allowed to say anymore... but Archie always look like an ass at the end of each episode.
Like Joe Biden after every speech

so, could an updated All in the Family Two work?

if an aging Professor Meathead, in a show set in today's america, had a daughter or granddaughter who needed a place to live, while her conservative but broke ass husband, got his career started,

could that work?

would it be believable that a lefty like meathead, would be able to step up to the plate and take care of his own, even though he disagreed with his son-in-laws politics?

would it be believable that a conservative young man, beholding to his father in law, would be an ungrateful man child and disrespect him ever episode?

mmm, instead of archie having to deal with blacks moving next door, meathead could be driven to white flight to leave the shit hole city that liberal polices have created.

drama could instead come from him having to deal with conservative and more rural neighbors.

do we think that america would grow to love this aged and responsible meathead, or would they come to hate him or just not watch because it would not be believable?

Forum List

Back