Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

That's true! But it is making an absolute statement that is refuted by 4:11 which just confirms why it is meaningless to Jews.
Nope. Hebrews is quoting Leviticus 17:11. Two Scriptures cannot possibly contradict one another in the same book. You're obviously confused.

Yes, they are called "Christians." Sometimes Jews choose to follow the Christian religion. That doesn't make them representatives of Judaism or their approval a reflection of Jewish values. It means they have abandoned core elements of Judaism and have embraced Christianity. If they try to claim membership in both, they are liars. While they might be Jewish for certain obligations under Jewish law, they are not part of the community and their position on theological matters is outside of what Judaism is.
Christianity is the fulfillment of Jewish law and theology. Jesus.

No it isn't. There are many Jews who believe the New Testament.
Maybe 5% were talked into it - or badgered until they finally submitted. But 95% of Jews remain faithful to their religious teachings.

Nope. Hebrews is quoting Leviticus 17:11. Two Scriptures cannot possibly contradict one another in the same book. You're obviously confused.
17:11 reads "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have assigned it to you for making expiation for your lives upon the altar; it is the blood, as life, that effects expiation."
That is an explanation as to why eating blood is forbidden in 17:10, because blood has a special place in that for those sacrifices that use animals, it is the blood which brings about the atonement. Lev 4 is talking about a sacrifice for atonement that has no blood.

That is quite different from the claim that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin" which is what you report from Hebrews. It clearly isn't quoting from Leviticus because no where in Leviticus is there any statement about an absolute need for there to be blood.

Christianity is the fulfillment of Jewish law and theology. Jesus.
According to Christianity. If Islam said that it is the "fulfillment" of Christian law and theology would that mean anything to you? Or if Mormonism said it, or Raelianism?

Bullshit.
There are 15 million Jews in the world and 350,000 Jesus believers. That means about 2% of Jews have abandoned the key tenet of Judaism -

while 98% remain traditionally Jewish.
Sorry, but the Christian effort to convert Jews has failed miserably. Now stop trying to scare us about hell, and let us practice our religion.

17:11 reads "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have assigned it to you for making expiation for your lives upon the altar; it is the blood, as life, that effects expiation."
That is an explanation as to why eating blood is forbidden in 17:10, because blood has a special place in that for those sacrifices that use animals, it is the blood which brings about the atonement. Lev 4 is talking about a sacrifice for atonement that has no blood.

That is quite different from the claim that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin" which is what you report from Hebrews. It clearly isn't quoting from Leviticus because no where in Leviticus is there any statement about an absolute need for there to be blood.
What Bible are you quoting?

What Bible are you quoting?
Do you mean "what translation"? What I copied (the Leviticus part) is from an OK translation called The Contemporary Torah, Jewish Publication Society, 2006. I would rather quote the Hebrew but I suspect it would not allow for conversation between us.

According to Christianity. If Islam said that it is the "fulfillment" of Christian law and theology would that mean anything to you? Or if Mormonism said it, or Raelianism?
Wouldn't mean anything to me. Mormonisn, Islam, etc, are false.

Do you mean "what translation"? What I copied (the Leviticus part) is from an OK translation called The Contemporary Torah, Jewish Publication Society, 2006. I would rather quote the Hebrew but I suspect it would not allow for conversation between us.

Leviticus 17:11 is not talking about eating blood. International version.
For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.

Forum List

Back