Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

You sound like a bigoted, anti-religion leftist.
I’m just giving my opinion on organized religion in general. I could say the same about Islam and Hinduism. That doesn’t mean I am a “leftist” or that I don’t appreciate the beauty or cultural contribution of many aspects of organized religions, their providing psychological comfort to millions or billions of humans, their historical roles (not all of which were negative by any means).

Almost every tribe, society, even “civilization,” has required — at one time or another — the crutch of superstitions or “witch doctors” or organized religion or ideologies like nationalism to bind itself together, give powerful sanction to its laws, etc.

Organized religion just doesn’t do anything for me. It is fundamentally irrational. When it creates hostilities and profound divisions in society or among nations or groups … it can even be extremely dangerous.

How can such a view be considered “bigotry”?

Last edited:
well, God didn't actually father a son named Jesus. So there's that. Also, God didn't say that a person can die to forgive someone else's sin. In fact, the text says the opposite. You know...little things.
Something has to die to forgive sin. There sure was a lot if death and blood shed in the Old Testament to cover sin. Scripture says Abraham was going to kill his son because God told him to. Isn't that in your Scriptures? Why did God tell Abraham to kill his son? A sacrifice. Looks like you missed that part, huh.

Something has to die to forgive sin.
No, Lev 5:11-13 says otherwise.
There sure was a lot if death and blood shed in the Old Testament to cover sin.
When Moses wanted forgiveness for the people, he generally prayed.
Scripture says Abraham was going to kill his son because God told him to.
What does that have to do with sin?
Isn't that in your Scriptures? Why did God tell Abraham to kill his son? A sacrifice. Looks like you missed that part, huh.
There are many sacrifices (of animals and plants) that have nothing to do with sin. I guess you didn't read about that.

No, Lev 5:11-13 says otherwise.

When Moses wanted forgiveness for the people, he generally prayed.

What does that have to do with sin?

There are many sacrifices (of animals and plants) that have nothing to do with sin. I guess you didn't read about that.
What were the sacrifices for? Didn't God tell Moses and the Hebrews to put blood above their door to escape death?

Something has to die to forgive sin. There sure was a lot if death and blood shed in the Old Testament to cover sin. Scripture says Abraham was going to kill his son because God told him to. Isn't that in your Scriptures? Why did God tell Abraham to kill his son? A sacrifice. Looks like you missed that part, huh.
Not necessarily. Animals were not always required for a sacrifice. And certainly, nowhere is human sacrifice acceptable. The story of the Akeda has different interpretations. It is clearly a test of Abraham. Question is, what was the test, and did Abraham pass or fail. It was either a test to see if Abraham would argue with G-d like he did with Sodom. In which case, Abraham failed. or it was a test to see how deep was Abraham's faith in G-d. In which case, he passed. But G-d never intended for the sacrifice to go on, hence the ram/

Not necessarily. Animals were not always required for a sacrifice. And certainly, nowhere is human sacrifice acceptable. The story of the Akeda has different interpretations. It is clearly a test of Abraham. Question is, what was the test, and did Abraham pass or fail. It was either a test to see if Abraham would argue with G-d like he did with Sodom. In which case, Abraham failed. or it was a test to see how deep was Abraham's faith in G-d. In which case, he passed. But G-d never intended for the sacrifice to go on, hence the ram/
What happened to the ram?

What were the sacrifices for?
there are a variety of categories of offerings for a bunch of different reasons

there are a variety of categories of offerings for a bunch of different reasons

What happened to the ram that God provided Abraham with?

Forum List

Back